Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by emperior » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
emperior wrote:I may sound way too optimistic but I expect another top quality episode for the second Goku vs Jiren fight.
I think it's a given that they will go all out on the climax episode.
If the climax of this arc will be better than 110 then it's going to absolutely mind blowing. I also expect them to re-use animation from opening, they still have the Shida cut and the last bit where Goku and Jiren are trading punches. They would just need to change the art which they have already done, and it's surely easier to change the art than making new animation from scratch.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 pm

I'm not gonna lie. Even though I really liked the cuts by Tate, Shida and Takahashi, I didn't enjoy it during the episode because they used too much shots of the sidelines inbetween and it kind of ruined the mood. Yuya's cut is the only one that didn't suffer from that. Tate's monstrous cut was ruined by all the bla bla bla from the sidelines and it killed the mood completely. I only enjoyed his cut watching it in Sakugabooru.

The cut that really had me at the edge of my seat was Nikaido's in ep 109. Continuous and ambicious, and wasn't killed by the montage.

I loved the art of both episodes, but the montage really ruined the fluidity of some action scenes and that was kind of a bummer alongside all the nonstop babbling.

Also, why in Sakuga booru Ajay didn't post the entire Shida cut? The entire scene is awesome, with Jiren's ki and those BEAUTIFUL impact frames when he rejects Goku with a blast. I didn't get that decision with the post. Shida was really conservative but it was beautiful indeed.

Tate, thank you for existing and sorry for all the people who dislike or don't appreciate your art and style, they don't know what they're doing.

NEP looks interesting in terms of movement, but not for art style (pretty meh in that regard, looks like Yashima's drawings at times).
Last edited by PMD on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
emperior wrote:I may sound way too optimistic but I expect another top quality episode for the second Goku vs Jiren fight.
I take it you feel a Goku VS Jiren II is inevitable then?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Goku still has his shirt.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:16 pm

PMD wrote:Also, why in Sakuga booru Ajay didn't post the entire Shida cut? The entire scene is awesome, with Jiren's ki and those BEAUTIFUL impact frames when he rejects Goku with a blast. I didn't get that decision with the post. Shida was really conservative but it was beautiful indeed.
The impact frames are nice, but really just a way of masking that everything around it is made up of stills. Gorgeous stills, but stills nonetheless. Not really booru-worthy, in my opinion. Maybe I'll include the little ki flare bit and the impact frames when I do the BD cut, but I'm okay with my decision at the moment. We'll see~
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:21 pm

On a side note, I still want Yamamuro to supervise one ToP episode. I know he's doing more than we thought behind the scenes, but I would still like him to have his own episode.
Once again he soloed the Ending and once again I love his art.
PMD wrote: The cut that really had me at the edge of my seat was Nikaido's in ep 109. Continuous and ambicious, and wasn't killed by the montage.
Even though visually speaking I give the 1st place to Shida and 2nd place to Takahashi, as far as intensity goes his SSB Goku vs Jiren cut easily wins the whole thing.
He's someone I don't usually mention because I don't know much about him, but according to animator's corner he's been with us since the beginning even though looking to booru only now he's standing out.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Ajay wrote:The impact frames are nice, but really just a way of masking that everything around it is made up of stills. Gorgeous stills, but stills nonetheless. Not really booru-worthy, in my opinion. Maybe I'll include the little ki flare bit and the impact frames when I do the BD cut, but I'm okay with my decision at the moment. We'll see~
In this one, you could have included the yellow-ish clash of punches and the blue lightning that tore up the stage right before it cuts to Tate's work again.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:40 pm

HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: I think it's a given that they will go all out on the climax episode.
Goku still has his shirt.
Oh I know. I myself personally believe we'll get a rematch when Goku recovers enough. They'll probably fight again near the end of the tournament.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Nasryyy wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:I'm disappointed that so much Spirit Bomb filler and reused animation kept us from more great animation. I prefer Episode 66 to be honest
just some one piece fan jealous of what happened on super and just trying to make this special feel like it was bad while it was great reused animation was like 10 seconds of 50 minutes show
and all in all it was amazing you can't deny it it went way over 66
Theres nothing to be jealous about considering DBsuper for the most part has ranged from mediocre to terrible with only a few great looking episodes while op has plenty that look just as good as these. He had valid criticism and he didn't say it was bad.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Cursemark505 wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:I'm disappointed that so much Spirit Bomb filler and reused animation kept us from more great animation. I prefer Episode 66 to be honest
just some one piece fan jealous of what happened on super and just trying to make this special feel like it was bad while it was great reused animation was like 10 seconds of 50 minutes show
and all in all it was amazing you can't deny it it went way over 66
Theres nothing to be jealous about considering DBsuper for the most part has ranged from mediocre to terrible with only a few great looking episodes while op has plenty that look just as good as these. He had valid criticism and he didn't say it was bad.
Thank you for backing me up, I hope people understand that my criticisms aren't malicious, the episode was good but I wish there was more
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:12 pm

iAnimationLover_ wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: This is why we need Yuya Takahashi in Dragon Ball! he makes everything 100x better! Died for a few seconds after this scene.. I was in awe!
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Damn you beat me to it, I was pretty late though :lol:
So many beautiful shots of Goku's new form, the discord went crazy :lol:
I thought that was shida ! This guy is really good. Is he the one I've seen referenced as mini shida before ?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Ajay wrote:
PMD wrote:Also, why in Sakuga booru Ajay didn't post the entire Shida cut? The entire scene is awesome, with Jiren's ki and those BEAUTIFUL impact frames when he rejects Goku with a blast. I didn't get that decision with the post. Shida was really conservative but it was beautiful indeed.
The impact frames are nice, but really just a way of masking that everything around it is made up of stills. Gorgeous stills, but stills nonetheless. Not really booru-worthy, in my opinion. Maybe I'll include the little ki flare bit and the impact frames when I do the BD cut, but I'm okay with my decision at the moment. We'll see~
Yes please do it! It's so good looking!

Also, question: Shida draw the final scene, right? Goku lying on the ground and Freeza saying "This reminds me of Namek".

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:22 pm

The NEP for #110 was awful, ruined everything, Tate's, Takahashi's and Shida's stuff. Glad I quickly turned the simulcast episode off before it came up honestly if we never got a double episode special I think I would been really disappointed in #110 when it would have aired especially with digesting the NEP for a week. It is different knowing said animators working and not knowing what it is vs seeing some of what their work will be like,if you get what I mean.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:35 pm

After watching the NEP, I can say the only thing that was slightly lacing in the special is more h2h combat martial arts.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:00 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:On a side note, I still want Yamamuro to supervise one ToP episode. I know he's doing more than we thought behind the scenes, but I would still like him to have his own episode.
Once again he soloed the Ending and once again I love his art.
PMD wrote: The cut that really had me at the edge of my seat was Nikaido's in ep 109. Continuous and ambicious, and wasn't killed by the montage.
Even though visually speaking I give the 1st place to Shida and 2nd place to Takahashi, as far as intensity goes his SSB Goku vs Jiren cut easily wins the whole thing.
He's someone I don't usually mention because I don't know much about him, but according to animator's corner he's been with us since the beginning even though looking to booru only now he's standing out.
Yamamuro was in this special a ton.

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:18 pm

The storyboarding and choreography in the special was as amazing as the animation...
The POV shot into Goku's first kick and Takahashi's rotation particularly stand out. The sense of speed in both of those cuts is just mind-boggling.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Another one that was missing in the special was higashide, I really thought the scene of ryo onishi (where goku was dodging ribrianne blasts) was higashide

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Let me say, I wasn't too impressed with Onishi's cut. It wasn't near half as good as his SSJ Goku vs Beerus cut.

aaronWgamer
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aaronWgamer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:47 am

PMD wrote:Let me say, I wasn't too impressed with Onishi's cut. It wasn't near half as good as his SSJ Goku vs Beerus cut.
Disagreed. It wasn't on that level but the section with Goku flying forward looked pretty great. I'm more disappointed he didn't work on Goku VS Jiren.

BakaManiaHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by BakaManiaHD » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 am

PMD wrote:Let me say, I wasn't too impressed with Onishi's cut. It wasn't near half as good as his SSJ Goku vs Beerus cut.
i think that his Goku vs Ribrianne cut was a lot better, much more interesting with some cool background animation and character acting for ribrianne and nice beam effects too.
kill me