Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 81

Post by Lujin_16 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:16 pm

C-17 will appear in Episode 86 so that means 4 filler episodes maybe even more hmm is it a good sign for the animation in the battle royal
tournament???

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Nasryyy wrote:i always see people writing if shimanuki go back to his older days he would be great and stuff and since i really have no clue whatsoever on his old style can you pls give me a comparison of his style then and now ?
https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/24893
Here's some of his good stuff from the old days.
Alee9977 wrote: Only early episodes the art wasn't good, right now he is practically 1:1 with his old style.
A lot of times it's pretty close, a lot of times it's not, he's still a ways away. In his more polished art he still seems to have issues with front on shots a lot of the time (especially with the noses) and he still makes faces too wide fairly often. If it weren't for Super's rough schedule I imagine his art would be pretty much the same as it used to be.
Sodhi wrote:So it looking possible that tournament may not start until May. Considering #17 will be debuting in #86. This should give staff a lot of time to prepare. Curious to see how they use the staff.
I expected as much, I'm betting we get another episode or two after 86 before we get to the tournament.
Lujin_16 wrote:C-17 will appear in Episode 86 so that means 4 filler episodes maybe even more hmm is it a good sign for the animation in the battle royal
tournament???
Maybe, maybe not. Without seeing the staff and having no knowledge of the animators on the episode it's hard to say. If Karasawa is still on the show and he's there for the tournament then it's a somewhat safe assumption that things could be pretty good.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Nasryyy wrote:i always see people writing if shimanuki go back to his older days he would be great and stuff and since i really have no clue whatsoever on his old style can you pls give me a comparison of his style then and now ?
[spoiler]Old:

Modern:

[/spoiler]

Shimanuki certainly has become much more angular and detailed (which brings him closer to his DBZ days) than his earlier Super days, in which he used cuter and One Piece-y style. The only things that have not changed are his visual effect designs and debris.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:51 am

Lujin_16 wrote:C-17 will appear in Episode 86 so that means 4 filler episodes maybe even more hmm is it a good sign for the animation in the battle royal
tournament???
Can we please stop throwing the word "filler" around. These upcoming episodes don't have fighting yes but that doesn't mean they aren't important.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm

We just learned 17 doesn't appear until episode 86.
That may mean that he will be fighting then and his official appearance would be earlier. So 86 might be his first official fight.
However, if he indeed appears for the first time on 86 then it means that all the episodes till then will be filler/Goku talking without much fighting and as usual Higashide delivering 1 min of good action per episode. If they could use Yashima again for one of these and the other "stronger staff" stays out working on future episodes then that would basically confirm that this is their move on fixing the schedule once and for all

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm loving the post-production work on this arc so much:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Edition like this barely happened in the beginning of Super. Everything was so simple. The schedule was so fucked up and the most important thing was just to have the episode ready to air. Not sure if this is also because of the new directors, but I want them to keep it up!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:52 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I'm loving the post-production work on this arc so much:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Edition like this barely happened in the beginning of Super. Everything was so simple. The schedule was so fucked up and the most important thing was just to have the episode ready to air. Not sure if this is also because of the new directors, but I want them to keep it up!
I agree, it's so satisfying to finally see Super do something that gives it its own identity.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:35 pm

I know the filter has been pretty controversial, but I just love the way Super Saiyan Blue and Kaio-Ken Blue look under it.
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
I don't know how to describe it, but it feels so natural and divine. Much better than what it looked like before, in my opinion, and even then it looked pretty good.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:36 pm

KameNinja45 wrote:I know the filter has been pretty controversial, but I just love the way Super Saiyan Blue and Kaio-Ken Blue look under it.
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
I don't know how to describe it, but it feels so natural and divine. Much better than what it looked like before, in my opinion, and even then it looked pretty good.
I think it looks great without the aura now, when before it looked terrible.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Did they ever touch up anymore episodes? Or was Episode 5 and that one episode with Goku vs Frieza it?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Bullza wrote:Did they ever touch up anymore episodes? Or was Episode 5 and that one episode with Goku vs Frieza it?
A lot of episodes have received minor touch ups actually.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:28 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Bullza wrote:Did they ever touch up anymore episodes? Or was Episode 5 and that one episode with Goku vs Frieza it?
A lot of episodes have received minor touch ups actually.
Any pictures as examples? I haven't paid much attention to the animation lately.

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Yes, a lot of episode have received touch ups;however, ep 5 and I believe 1 or 2 episode of the ROF arc have some very notable touch ups as you point out. The rest of the touch ups in the other episodes aren't very noticeable if one does not pay attention and are not really worthy.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:31 am

Episodes 5, 7, 25, 26, 37, 38, 42, 44, 50, 51 and 54 got corrections. They can be reallly minor, like a color correction or an editing corrections (26 and 54), just simple touch-ups here-and-there (7, 37, 38, 44, 50 and 51), they even redid some cuts (42) or redoing pretty much an entire episode (5 and 25)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:54 am

The whole 4 fights were amazing, I hope they can continue with this kind of quality, Goku and Toppo's fight was end game final battle type level.
Only thing that really scares me now is that if they use CGI on some fights like the whole Goku Blue V Gold Freeza movie or if it drops in quality.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

I hope Ajay has figured out who did what on the episode i'm really curious to know who did SSB goku vs toppo

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
tournament???
Can we please stop throwing the word "filler" around. These upcoming episodes don't have fighting yes but that doesn't mean they aren't important.
I would like that too, is kinda annoying when people thinks only fights episodes matter and the rest building the story are "filler" = bad.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Anyone else notice how much they've been using that purple action background thing?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
They only use it for a really short period of time in most cases, but why is it happening so much now?Why does it happen in any anime at all? Is it really that hard to use only the actual background?

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:25 pm

KameNinja45 wrote:Anyone else notice how much they've been using that purple action background thing?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
They only use it for a really short period of time in most cases, but why is it happening so much now?Why does it happen in any anime at all? Is it really that hard to use only the actual background?
Speed sensation I guess, I saw that in many other animes so it isn't anything weird I think.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:31 pm

KameNinja45 wrote:Anyone else notice how much they've been using that purple action background thing?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It makes the whole thing feel more dynamic without having to actually animate much. Just a neat little shortcut.
Retired.