Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 81

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Nekis13 wrote:On a different topic, is Karasawa still missing?
Well he wasn't gonna be wasted on these upcoming down time/recruitment/development episodes so we will get a better picture regarding Karasawa when the staff list for when the tournament actaully starts are out.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Today was the last episode of Naruto is it a good sign for the battle royal tournament???

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:Today was the last episode of Naruto is it a good sign for the battle royal tournament???
Naruto has nothing to do with Toei Animation or Dragon Ball.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Dragon Ball Super episode 84 image leaked i guess this episode is supervised by yashima

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Hopefully Yashima has an animator or two with him and a handful of people to correct his work since he did so much work on the exhibition. The episode is also going to have a sparing match between Gohan and Krillin, I wonder if Yashima or someone else will animate that, my guess is Higashide.

Shreyas_Singh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shreyas_Singh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Ah so we're getting some cop krillin action again, that's an interesting camera angle, I like how consistently decent the quality has been recently. Also, anyone else feel that this arc has like, a really slow start? I'm kind of losing interest to be honest, I hope that girl broly is interesting.
Feel free to correct me if I say something wrong.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Shreyas_Singh wrote:Ah so we're getting some cop krillin action again, that's an interesting camera angle, I like how consistently decent the quality has been recently. Also, anyone else feel that this arc has like, a really slow start? I'm kind of losing interest to be honest, I hope that girl broly is interesting.
Doesn't feel slow to me, we just got 4 episodes of action. It's taking a bit to get to the main meat, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I don't mind a super slow and plain Yashima episode with a 1-2 min battle from Higashide and some art corrections. Make these episodes as plain and as dialogue heavy as you want Toei.
Leave every animator working on the tournament to take his/her time.

aaronWgamer
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aaronWgamer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:Leave every animator working on the tournament to take his/her time.
Like Karasawa. Please.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:21 pm

aaronWgamer wrote:
Mazingerdestro wrote:Leave every animator working on the tournament to take his/her time.
Like Karasawa. Please.
Karasawa be like "Seriously guys drawing that Gogeta fusion scene is hard. I need extra time"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:27 pm

The dream:
The Battle Royal lasts a little over 2 episodes (using the 48 minutes literally) and we see a ton of awesome talent on those episodes, Karasawa, Manabe, Tate, Shida, Otsuka, Higashide, Takahashi Yuya, Inaba, Onishi Ryo, Watanabe Koudai, and Miuma. Then the arc continues past the battle royal similar to the Buu arc.

Could you imagine if it ended up even remotely like the above? I'd build a shrine to Nagamine.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The dream:
The Battle Royal lasts a little over 2 episodes (using the 48 minutes literally) and we see a ton of awesome talent on those episodes, Karasawa, Manabe, Tate, Shida, Otsuka, Higashide, Takahashi Yuya, Inaba, Onishi Ryo, Watanabe Koudai, and Miuma. Then the arc continues past the battle royal similar to the Buu arc.

Could you imagine if it ended up even remotely like the above? I'd build a shrine to Nagamine.
i'd build a shrine to you if this happens

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Nasryyy wrote:i'd build a shrine to you if this happens
As long as you don't crucify me if/when it doesn't end up like that...

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:Man i'm tired of those guys who are still complaining about art and animation sometimes the fanbase is really a cancer
That was uncalled for, mate. Sure they can be a pain in the ass, sometimes I one of those (lol), but I'm sure you could have said that better.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Noah wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:Man i'm tired of those guys who are still complaining about art and animation sometimes the fanbase is really a cancer
That was uncalled for, mate. Sure they can be a pain in the ass, sometimes I one of those (lol), but I'm sure you could have said that better.
The wording is a little extreme but he is not wrong. People complaining all the time can be exhausting for a person, who enjoys and invests time on the series.
Sometimes unjustified negativity can get on your nerves.
On the contrary, seen people enjoying the series is very pleasant. I see people on youtube commenting on how much they liked the latest episode and on how they understand that the prodution is struggling and the people behind the scenes are trying hard. This is what a fanbase should be and do. Not just go to videos, zoom, and start taking screenshots. Worse part is that sites and forums like Kanzenshuu use to be for people who went beyond "that fight was awesome and that sucked ass" and liked to overanalyse plots, story elements, and seeking for trivias. Nowadays kanzenshuu is such a famous place that you can see, in many occasions, people login in just to complain.....then leave...and return to complain or start pointless arguments

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:23 pm

I once saw a bunch of comments on Youtube saying Shida's cut in #57 was bad...
I know what's good or bad is subjective, but really?

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Seriously are you guys comparing Kitano and Yamamuro? I mean, we all prefer Kitano obviously...
KameNinja45 wrote:I once saw a bunch of comments on Youtube saying Shida's cut in #57 was bad...
It was good, the cut in 66 was longer but isn't better than 57's, the first 20 seconds at least.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:06 am

KameNinja45 wrote:I once saw a bunch of comments on Youtube saying Shida's cut in #57 was bad...
Bad in comparison to what? I can understand if they found it slightly underwhelming in comparison to shows like one-punch man or Mob Psycho 100, but if they said it looked bad in comparison to something from Dragonball, then what have they been watching?

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 am

I vaguely recall someone saying something like: "the drawings are shit, but the speed is good." :eh:

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:13 am

iAnimationLover_ wrote:
I vaguely recall someone saying something like: "the drawings are shit, but the speed is good." :eh:
People who don't know what they're talking about, more than likely. The same one's who like to post in-betweens and call it bad animation.
Retired.