Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 90

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed May 24, 2017 10:40 am

At this point I would highly encourage the production committee to start planning now for a new series to be aired six months later. If they ever want the episodes to look good past the End of Z.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 24, 2017 10:49 am

emperior wrote:I swear I will be EXTREMELY pissed off if they mess up the tournament after those 10 weeks of filler after FT arc and all these sorta filler episodes we got in this arc so far.

Damn it, here goes all my optimism about the tournament being consistently good. It will probably be FT arc all over - bad/mediocre animation and art during "non-important" moments and awesome animation in a few important fights (especially the last one)

I'm crossing my fingers it won't be the case... or else doesn't matter how good this arc is story-wise because it will be ruined. I've been rewatching the U6 arc and I'm really pissed at the fact they ruined an enjoyable story with awful animation (I absolutely hate episode 33, shame they didn't fix it with the Blu-Ray release)
The Future Trunks Saga had almost no 'bad animation'. At its worst, it was mediocre with some bad shots.
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:At this point I would highly encourage the production committee to start planning now for a new series to be aired six months later. If they ever want the episodes to look good past the End of Z.
Not happening given how much money Dragon Ball is making.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 24, 2017 10:55 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:At this point I would highly encourage the production committee to start planning now for a new series to be aired six months later. If they ever want the episodes to look good past the End of Z.
I've been thinking that might be part of why this arc is so long, so they can do more proper planning on either the next arc or a sequel series. I think they'd keep the name Super regardless though.
Even if they just continue with the improvement model they've been doing for the past few arcs the episodes would still look good past the end of Z, especially if that is a few arcs away. Most of the episodes this arc look good.

I wouldn't be surprised if the plan now is one main arc a year (that could be made up of a few smaller arcs) to allow for more planning time for each arc and to allow Toriyama to get further ahead with more arc outlines.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 am

HeroR wrote:
emperior wrote:I swear I will be EXTREMELY pissed off if they mess up the tournament after those 10 weeks of filler after FT arc and all these sorta filler episodes we got in this arc so far.

Damn it, here goes all my optimism about the tournament being consistently good. It will probably be FT arc all over - bad/mediocre animation and art during "non-important" moments and awesome animation in a few important fights (especially the last one)

I'm crossing my fingers it won't be the case... or else doesn't matter how good this arc is story-wise because it will be ruined. I've been rewatching the U6 arc and I'm really pissed at the fact they ruined an enjoyable story with awful animation (I absolutely hate episode 33, shame they didn't fix it with the Blu-Ray release)
The Future Trunks Saga had almost no 'bad animation'. At its worst, it was mediocre with some bad shots.
I distinctly remember Episode 53 and 62 looking stiff and ugly.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 am

HeroR wrote:
There was plenty of ugliness in the Future Trunks arc.

HeroR wrote: Not happening given how much money Dragon Ball is making.
??? Which is why it makes sense to get the anime to the point where the production is a well oiled machine, so they can keep it running for as long as possible.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 24, 2017 11:02 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
HeroR wrote:
There was plenty of ugliness in the Future Trunks arc.

HeroR wrote: Not happening given how much money Dragon Ball is making.
??? Which is why it makes sense to get the anime to the point where the production is a well oiled machine, so they can keep it running for as long as possible.
Shots, but not really animation. Especially in comparison to the Champa Saga.

There are not going to take Dragon Ball off the air for six months to fix production. If they haven't done it be now, it aren't going to happen. Which is my point.
Lord Beerus wrote: I distinctly remember Episode 53 and 62 looking stiff and ugly.
Those episode have some some off stuff, but nothing I would call 'ugly'.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 24, 2017 11:04 am

HeroR wrote:There are not going to take Dragon Ball off the air for six months to fix production. If they haven't done it be now, it aren't going to happen. Which is my point.
They don't need to take Dragon Ball off the air. They can just quietly announce that Super is getting a sequel series directly after the Universal Survival arc or whatever arc will be last before they cross into EOZ territory. To be honest, I think that have a sequel series would be the best route too and I'm hoping that's what they've been planning since the Future Trunks arc ended. As long as Dragon Ball is on TV weekly, that's all that really matters. Because that fundamentally the reason what franchise has been making so much money in the last two years. Yes, the new material a big factor but retaining the Sunday TV morning slot is an even bigger one.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 24, 2017 11:04 am

HeroR wrote:
No, there was plenty of ugly animation too, episode 62 had some pretty bad stuff for example.
HeroR wrote: There are not going to take Dragon Ball off the air for six months to fix production. If they haven't done it be now, it aren't going to happen. Which is my point.
That's not what he said, he said start planning for something to air six months later, not take the show off of the air for six months.

Razyos

Post by Razyos » Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 am

perucho1990 wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Yamamuro is again forced to help the anime team like in Episode 39,and in the latest episode 90.
This is something that keeps me optimistic. I'm not worrying about anything yet and I would love for Yamamuro to pop up
Spread positive vibes~ ^.^

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 24, 2017 11:07 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
HeroR wrote:
No, there was plenty of ugly animation too, episode 62 had some pretty bad stuff for example.
HeroR wrote: There are not going to take Dragon Ball off the air for six months to fix production. If they haven't done it be now, it aren't going to happen. Which is my point.
That's not what he said, he said start planning for something to air six months later, not take the show off of the air for six months.
Aw, misread. Although don't agree with Episode 62. It was stiff in places, but not ugly.
Lord Beerus wrote:
HeroR wrote:There are not going to take Dragon Ball off the air for six months to fix production. If they haven't done it be now, it aren't going to happen. Which is my point.
They don't need to take Dragon Ball off the air. They can just quietly announce that Super is getting a sequel series directly after the Universal Survival arc or whatever arc will be last before they cross into EOZ territory. To be honest, I think that have a sequel series would be the best route too and I'm hoping that's what they've been planning since the Future Trunks arc ended. As long as Dragon Ball is on TV weekly, that's all that really matters. Because that fundamentally the reason what franchise has been making so much money in the last two years. Yes, the new material a big factor but retaining the Sunday TV morning slot is an even bigger one.
No, I don't see them doing a sequel series. And unless the tone drastically changes like Z or they bring in new cast like Baruto, there is no point making a new Dragon Ball series.
Last edited by HeroR on Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:08 am

Episode 51, 53, 55, 58, 61, 62, 64, and beginning of 67 looked ugly to me or had stiff animation. Even the good looking episodes had some ugly shots, the only episode that was consistently good looking from start to finish was episode 66.
Last edited by SaiyanGod117 on Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:Episode 51, 53, 55, 58, 61, 62, 64, and beginning of 67 looked ugly to me or had stiff animation. Even the good looking episodes had some ugly shots, the only episode that consistently good looking from start to finish was episode 66.
I remember 47 and 56 being pretty consistent.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 am

Razyos wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Yamamuro is again forced to help the anime team like in Episode 39,and in the latest episode 90.
This is something that keeps me optimistic. I'm not worrying about anything yet and I would love for Yamamuro to pop up
Okay, first, welcome to Kanzenshuu. It's nice to have another Brit in the forum. :P

And second, Yamamuro's role in Super still has me puzzled. I mean, he's barely involved in episodes themselves.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:14 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:Episode 51, 53, 55, 58, 61, 62, 64, and beginning of 67 looked ugly to me or had stiff animation. Even the good looking episodes had some ugly shots, the only episode that consistently good looking from start to finish was episode 66.
Episode 47 definitely had some off looking shots throughout the episodes, but that was glossed over because of well the episode was done in-presentation of in-terms atmosphere and theme. Episode 56 had a few off looking shots, but it was mostly consistent I will give you that one.

P.S. Episode 57 looked ugly to me too, but the animation was good.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 24, 2017 11:15 am

HeroR wrote:
No, I don't see them doing a sequel series. And unless the tone drastically changes like Z or they bring in new cast like Baruto, there is no point making a new Dragon Ball series.
Production purposes or wanting it to be known that they are going past end of Z. They don't have to abandon the Super name for a sequel either, they can just add an extra thing to the title, or they can just treat the production of the next arc as a separate show for production purposes, but keep the name as just Dragon Ball Super.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Episode 47 definitely had some off looking shots throughout the episodes, but that was glossed over because of well the episode was done in-presentation of in-terms atmosphere and theme. Episode 56 had a few off looking shots, but it was mostly consistent I will give you that one.

P.S. Episode 57 looked ugly to me too, but the animation was good.
Really? I'd say the only episode that looked more consistently good from start to finish apart from that episode was Episode 66. Also, no love for Episode 60 and 65?
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed May 24, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Razyos

Post by Razyos » Wed May 24, 2017 11:19 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Razyos wrote:
Okay, first, welcome to Kanzenshuu. It's nice to have another Brit in the forum. :P

And second, Yamamuro's role in Super still has me puzzled. I mean, he's barely involved in episodes themselves.
Thanks! I've been reading on Kanzenshuu nearly every day for like 2 years, so I thought I may as well make an account haha. Also, even if he doesn't pop up, at least we have that Shida cut to look toward to :D
Spread positive vibes~ ^.^

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 24, 2017 11:21 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Production purposes or wanting it to be known that they are going past end of Z. They don't have to abandon the Super name for a sequel either, they can just add an extra thing to the title, or they can just treat the production of the next arc as a separate show for production purposes, but keep the name as just Dragon Ball Super.
I don't see the point of making a new series because of EOZ unless they're a drastic change other than characters got older and Uub is here. There were more drastic changes in the Buu Saga. And if they wanted to "treat the production of the next arc as a separate show for production purposes", they probably would have done it after the retellings. At this point, it's wishful thinking that they're going to "reboot" the production. Especially since every new arc, fans make this claim of a soft "reboot".
Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 24, 2017 11:31 am

HeroR wrote:
I don't see the point of making a new series because of EOZ unless they're a drastic change other than characters got older and Uub is here. There were more drastic changes in the Buu Saga. And if they wanted to "treat the production of the next arc as a separate show for production purposes", they probably would have done it after the retellings. At this point, it's wishful thinking that they're going to "reboot" the production. Especially since every new arc, fans make this claim of a soft "reboot".
They are restricted to when Toriyama finishes his outlines, If Toriyama is not a good bit ahead they can't reboot the production. Toriyama started writing the Future Trunks arc in Fall of 2015, so in all likelihood when he finished the Champa arc outline there were only 4 or so months until the first episode of it had to air, that's not enough time. The Future Trunks arc was longer than previous arcs (and was stretched a little longer thanks to a large number of breaks), was followed up by 10 weeks between arcs and now we're getting what looks to be the longest arc yet, which gives Toriyama more time to get ahead which would allow more time for Toei to do planing and preproduction for future arcs.
And I still stand by the Future Trunks and Universe Survival arcs feeling like soft reboots in terms of the evolution of the visuals, the Universe Survival arc more so than the Future Trunks arc.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:36 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Really? I'd say the only episode that looked more consistently good from start to finish apart from that episode was Episode 66. Also, no love for As well as Episode 60 and 65?
Rewatch it again it's far from consistently good looking. As for Episode 60, it wasn't, the last few minutes of the episode was. Now for Episode 65, I still really don't know, the animation was good, but it still look liked a rush episode and they kept using two frames over and over again. So I would have to conclude, that the only consistently good looking episodes in the FT arc were episode 56 and 66.

P.S Actually forgot one Episode 54 was consistently good looking too in terms of art.