Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

paulo89988

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by paulo89988 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:36 pm

paulo89988 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:How much do you guys think Yamamuro will KA himself next week? He's been really busy the last few months so I think he may be like Manabe was on #130 and concentrate on primarily correcting.

Still hoping for Onishi to pop up too.
Yeah. I think Onishi will show up nice more too. The way i see it for Yammy is that, if he is correcting Takahashi, then every other scene in the episode better look on model because he shouldn’t be wasting his time correcting the person he should least be worried about.

Yammy will probably animate the summoning of Super Shenron and the wish. I’d love for Takahashi to do it but i want him to focus on the fight. I believe I also saw Shimanuki in the preview so I think we’ll have KA from:

Yammy
Takahashi
Onishi (wishful thinking)
Shimanuki
and some other folks.
Also maybe:
Jin Inaba
Kenta Yokoya (wishful thinking²)
Hiroyuki Itai
Koji Nashizawa (he didn't do any key animation in ep 129)
Yukihiro Kitano (not necessarily exciting but makes sense for him to be here)
Wow, I almost got that, should've guessed Toei Phils instead of Kitano.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Seconding how cool Goku flashing in and out of ssj1 near the end was and adding how he was shaking a bit after teleporting to where Freeza and 17 were showing just how exhausted he was. This was a really beautiful episode from start to finish and a wonderful place to mark the hiatus on. :clap:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Ishitani did well. I wish we could have seen more cuts of Gokuu and Vegeta fighting at the end, though. A fight between those two is special.
I disagree, Super made it look less special and boring since Goku and Vegeta together were so damn overused in this series, but anyway props to Yamamuro for supervising this final episode, while he's not a good animator as he used to be before, he deserves respect.
paulo89988 wrote:It's over, what do I do with life now?
I don't know and we shouldn't be able to answer you that, since this is the animation thread, sorry lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

paulo89988

Post by paulo89988 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:38 pm

What did Kyota Washikita do in this episode?

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Ishitani's board was absolutely wonderful, lots of shots were spectacularly framed, and there were tons of interesting shapes as well (in particular Freeza reverting from his golden form).

Takahashi's art was spectacular as expected, but it was his effects that really sold the battle for me. 17's twisting beams and Freeza's charge towards Jiren are a great example of this.

There's been highs and lows, but I enjoyed this series nonetheless. Until we meet again, Dragon Ball.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:02 pm

This episode is comparable to the last one visually. It's less animated, but the art was way stronger.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Man, this anime was quite a journey, but at the end what stood for me is that I always missed some dragon ball in my life, now that is over (for now) Idk what I'm gonna be doing to fullfill that hole each saturday.

Animation wise was all ups and downs, since black arc the show improved dramatically, and kept an arc with action every single episode, despite the bank animation, that should be an achievement in the animation industry given the conditions DBS had in favor and not so in favor.
Props to toei, Yamamuro, Shida, Takahashi, Shimanuki, Higashide, Tate, Manabe, Tsuji, Karasawa, and other many names, I could not agree with some styles, it was obvious the beginning was rough, but everyone evolved to a point where this anime took flight and made it to shine multiple times, thanks everyone, and I hope you come back, hopefully under better conditions, if those are the best conditions a weekly show can have, please so be it.

I'll definitely gonna miss goku and his friends, a big part of my childhood came back with DBS and hopefully more is on the works for a long time

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:37 am

I will just say that megumi ishitani deserved all the hype,she was getting.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:47 am

So who delivered that final fight sequence between Goku and Vegeta? It seems to be heavily corrected by Tsuji.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:50 am

Pretty good way to go out no repeat of #67. Yamamuro did well I felt. Takahashi highlight of the fight obviously. Echoing the thoughts on the direction and SB disagree with the sentiments that the episode didn't deserve it.

Flashing in and out of SS was pretty cool and of course they ended the show with SSGSS :lol:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:51 am

The storyboard and direction of 131 are the best in Super, and I'm so glad they gave Super a proper closure with such a fantastic episode.
Thanks to Yamamuro's corrections the art was polished and consistent, and the animation was very good too especially from Yuya Takahashi, who never fails to disappoint.

Ending the show with a classic throwback to arguably the most famous fight of Dragon Ball was a nice touch, and I like how they decided to put Goku and Vegeta in their most iconic form of Super to end it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:53 am

Those last two shots of Goku and Vegeta look pretty...bad in my opinion. Like, bad by even Yamamuro standards. Strange that he wouldn't give it his all for the final shots of the two main characters in the show.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:58 am

Artorias wrote:Those last two shots of Goku and Vegeta look pretty...bad in my opinion. Like, bad by even Yamamuro standards. Strange that he wouldn't give it his all for the final shots of the two main characters in the show.
Pretty sure those are Yashima. Corrected by Yamamuro, but Yashima nonetheless.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:15 am

If this truly is Yamamuro's parting from the franchise then I think he deserves more credit then he's getting for this arc. The amount of his designs he's had to do and from scratch no less, as it seems Toriyama only designed a few characters. Then he's been all over the show this last couple of months helping it along.

Despite his controversial modern status, I think he's left the franchise on a high or as high as he could have left it.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Draconic wrote:
Artorias wrote:Those last two shots of Goku and Vegeta look pretty...bad in my opinion. Like, bad by even Yamamuro standards. Strange that he wouldn't give it his all for the final shots of the two main characters in the show.
Pretty sure those are Yashima. Corrected by Yamamuro, but Yashima nonetheless.
Well then that's even more bizarre that they'd let Yashima do the final shots initially.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Yall mind if I praise Ishitani's (and Nakamura's) boards?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:30 pm

My opinion has changed on Tadayoshi,I think he deserved credit for Designing so many character and making the final episode polished.
    The scenery on this episode looked gorgeous,my favorite shot was when Jiren arrived at U11,is something we never see in DBZ so i think it deserved some mention and the action was awesome and well directed.
    Mostly active on discord.

Rally 07
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Rally 07 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 pm

With the last episode of Dragon Ball Super, it's sorta changed my opinion a little concerning Tadayoshi Yamamuro. His work on this episode was quite good in my opinion. While I do quite like his art style (I know it's an unpopular opinion), there are problems with his art. The blandness, roundness, and the stiffness of his art style but nevertheless, I think he did good. And with this episode, maybe Yamamuro will decide to take steps forward this time. Also I'd like to say, Yamamuro's correction on Yuya Takahashi's art looked quite nice in my opinion. It's certainly better than his normal art. But I'd rather have top dogs like Takahashi, Shida, or Karasawa be left uncorrected so their style can be seen.

majinwarman
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 am

dnavenom wrote:
    majinwarman wrote:
    dnavenom wrote:Solid episode and very DBZ-ish :) I kinda felt like back in the day. Great work by the team. All my doubts were pointless.
    Though the pacing could have been better.
    Sure but in the end of the day, that`s Dragon ball :) There are tons of things that could be better. For once I liked the lack of stupid auras everywhere! But this is how an anime like this, should end. I had no issues with the animation and were in no way distracted from the story. It was a bit of a wrap true, but it was fine. I see people complaining about not seeing UUB. Honestly, never gave the boy so much importance and it didn`t bother me at all. I liked it! Cheesy, creamy with strawberries on top :)

Now I hope they`ll remaster all the other arcs :) I feel like Zamasu`s arc needs some love, it had a great idea and was execute pretty bad. I would love to watch a ToP quality Zamasu arc, with a bit more attention to the story :)
    I don't think a remastering is happening anytime soon. But, I think that more Dragon Ball will be coming soon.
    Majinwarman
    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Yall mind if I praise Ishitani's (and Nakamura's) boards?
    Please continue doing that! No one wants you to stop at all.
    Majinwarman
    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.