Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 82

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Ajay wrote:Episode 82

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

No Nii entry for obvious reasons. His style seems pretty clear, but again, like other new additions that have come before, I'd rather see multiple episodes to confirm.

I'm really sorry that these have been getting later and later each week. I've been struggling with some personal issues for a little while now. Trying to get back on track, though!

I appreciate the patience, even though by this point, I know that many of you don't actually need these entries.
Whatever your issues are right now I hope they get better, I'm going through some shit myself right now.

Anyways I did find it odd that there were shots that Tsuji only corrected like one character. Her touch was so small on the episode, I can only assume that's because she'll be correcting the vast majority of episode 84.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Beerus fucking looks like Scooby Doo. What the hell is up with that? :lolno:

Shreyas_Singh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shreyas_Singh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Beerus fucking looks like Scooby Doo. What the hell is up with that? :lolno:
Kitano needs a Scooby snack to draw on model.
Feel free to correct me if I say something wrong.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Wishes for the main tournament:

- Karasawa's return.

He's one of best DBS supervisors and Toei knows that. That's why he always got important episodes. If he was really helping with ēlDLIVE like some people said here, that anime will end this week so he still may come back. Unless something more happened behind the scenes.

- Shida's Greatness.

With 2 beautiful cuts in FT Trunks arc and he doing something for the 2º Opening, I believe he's here to stay and I can't wait for his next gem.
I would love he did a cut that involve each fighter of Universe 7 attacking similar how he did with the Straw Hats in the last One Piece Openings.

- Yuya Takahashi and Yamamuro pop up as key animators.

Yuya Takahashi: Despite working on the 2º Opening and being the top credited key animator of the new scenes in ROF Special, he barely worked in a DBS episode so far.
His cut in episode 13 and talent makes me wish for more.

Yamamuro: I'm a fan of his work and he always appeared at least once in every major arc, until FT arc ruin that streak. I can accept the excuse he was busy with the amount of characters for this arc, but that doesn't cut it anymore. If he's still serious about his role in this franchise, it's time for him to appear again.

- A storyboard done by our Directors.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Beerus fucking looks like Scooby Doo. What the hell is up with that? :lolno:
I now have the urge to cut clips of Kitano Beerus with the Scooby Doo theme.... :lol:

Yomi
Regular

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 81

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:46 am

aaronWgamer wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The dream:
The Battle Royal lasts a little over 2 episodes (using the 48 minutes literally) and we see a ton of awesome talent on those episodes, Karasawa, Manabe, Tate, Shida, Otsuka, Higashide, Takahashi Yuya, Inaba, Onishi Ryo, Watanabe Koudai, and Miuma. Then the arc continues past the battle royal similar to the Buu arc.
I had the idea that they may have each episode focus on a different person's perspective of the fight but I prefer this idea. Constant, quality animation for almost the entirety of two episodes sounds way better than the schedule being allowed to damage certain scenes in a full length tournament.
I feel like that would be lackluster, maybe if they can Filler and Outsource enough we could get 5-6 episodes straight of pure creamy goodness.
But that's wishful thinking. Maybe a few planned breaks too.
:clap:

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 am

Shreyas_Singh wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:Idk if i can make this post here but I just saw a parody video "saiyan rangers". I'm pretty sure that the animation there is traced from super but everyone else is like "woah much better than super you should work for Toei" so......... the fuck?
Lol have you been watching mastar media videos ? That guy traces animation.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I looked it up and saw this as a top comment. lol. Two tracers.
But usually cartoon hooligans don't trace, I wonder what made them start tracing.

edit: sorry bout the double post.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 am

There is a really good Itai shot in 82 that is on screen for a single frame.

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:08 am

Yomi wrote:
Shreyas_Singh wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:Idk if i can make this post here but I just saw a parody video "saiyan rangers". I'm pretty sure that the animation there is traced from super but everyone else is like "woah much better than super you should work for Toei" so......... the fuck?
Lol have you been watching mastar media videos ? That guy traces animation.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I looked it up and saw this as a top comment. lol. Two tracers.
But usually cartoon hooligans don't trace, I wonder what made them start tracing.

edit: sorry bout the double post.
Can we report their channel? I feel like it's really wrong that people blame DBS animators, and these Tracers didn't even include the credits. (Report them for Copyright?)

The Behind The Scenes are working so fuckin' hard just to get blamed. Even I still appreciate Kitano still surviving the series.
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:21 am

Gashif Aldi wrote:
Can we report their channel? I feel like it's really wrong that people blame DBS animators, and these Tracers didn't even include the credits. (Report them for Copyright?)

The Behind The Scenes are working so fuckin' hard just to get blamed. Even I still appreciate Kitano still surviving the series.
Can't do much about it, it's more of a moral issue anyway. Nothing to do but criticize and try to sway public opinion about it.

aaronWgamer
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aaronWgamer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:02 am

Gashif Aldi wrote:Can we report their channel? I feel like it's really wrong that people blame DBS animators, and these Tracers didn't even include the credits. (Report them for Copyright?)

We can't. Their work is transformative enough to count as Video Sampling so it's protected by Fair Use. Yay, loopholes.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:48 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Wishes for the main tournament:

- Karasawa's return.

He's one of best DBS supervisors and Toei knows that. That's why he always got important episodes. If he was really helping with ēlDLIVE like some people said here, that anime will end this week so he still may come back. Unless something more happened behind the scenes.

- Shida's Greatness.

With 2 beautiful cuts in FT Trunks arc and he doing something for the 2º Opening, I believe he's here to stay and I can't wait for his next gem.
I would love he did a cut that involve each fighter of Universe 7 attacking similar how he did with the Straw Hats in the last One Piece Openings.

- Yuya Takahashi and Yamamuro pop up as key animators.

Yuya Takahashi: Despite working on the 2º Opening and being the top credited key animator of the new scenes in ROF Special, he barely worked in a DBS episode so far.
His cut in episode 13 and talent makes me wish for more.

Yamamuro: I'm a fan of his work and he always appeared at least once in every major arc, until FT arc ruin that streak. I can accept the excuse he was busy with the amount of characters for this arc, but that doesn't cut it anymore. If he's still serious about his role in this franchise, it's time for him to appear again.

- A storyboard done by our Directors.
Let's not forget Ken Otsuka! :thumbup:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:48 am

Curious has anyone attempted to "unfilter" some shots from this arc?

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:02 am

Don't you love it when people say that Mastar's animations are better animated than Dragon Ball Super?
Ah, the irony.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Doctor. wrote:But it's likely Toei will just drag it out as long as they can and treat it as another Namek 5 minutes situation.
Times have changed, mate. Toei is not the same it used to be before, the last battle on Super that felt like Z was Goku vs. Beerus and only.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Pretty solid looking episode, but there sure was a lot of Yashima and and a surprising amount of Shimanuki... episode staffs continues to be confusing. Adding to the weirdness both looked totally fine.

NEP looked like pretty typical Yashima, strange, I would have expect much worse looking with how much he's been doing.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:31 pm

http://test.animatorscorner.com/animati ... isode-9823
WHAT A STAFF LIST, THAT'S FANTASTIC!!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Episode 83

Animation supervisor
Paul Ano-nuevo Eugene Ayson Nashizawa Koji

Key animator
Nashizawa Koji Higashide Futoshi TAP

2nd key animator
Shimanuki Masahiro Tsukino Mua A-Line

That was a bizarre episode. Nashizawa supervised the second half only. Very glad to have his style confirmed now. I'll create his entry soon. I really like his work - hope to see him on bigger episodes in the future.

The first half's supervision and much of the key animation was outsourced to Toei Animation Philippines. So that's, what, the fifth outsourced episode now? Super is so weird.

Shimanuki appeared for a little bit in the first half and produced his high quality close-ups, as per usual. Takeo Ide seemed to correct quite a lot here, too. Pretty nice corrections, actually. Nice to see!

On the action side of things, Higashide's cut was pretty tame and that's probably a good thing. Don't wanna waste his time when there's a tournament coming up.

Next week is obviously Yashima. I'm sure it'll be fine, though some of those long shots looked a little rough. Presumably going to be quite dialogue heavy, so I doubt it'll matter much.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Pretty standard looking episode for a dialogue heavy entry. NEP looks a bit rough.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Bank animation? Lol
So, they using animation from the opening makes me think they will use the fight scenes as well.
Solid episode, good art, surprised to see Shimanuki.
Next week Yashima, and doesn't look bad.