Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:37 am

As a fan of Ishikawa his last two episodes have been disappointing, dunno what has gone wrong. SSGSS Goku was a mess this episode (I can't even bring myself to cap anything), his bang was all over the place and then as Ajay put it the jarring manly Ide corrections, the corrections as Vegeta and Goku charge Jiren looked bad... hoping this ep gets a lot of corrections on the BD.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 am

majinwarman wrote:
Noah wrote:
DHM211 wrote:Just noticed this but whats up with everyones height in the latest ending...
Wow, this looks pretty bad. 17 and 18 are supposed to have the same height, Freeza if not the same size as the androids just a bit taller, Vegeta is a freaking giant compared to them, Roshi and Krillin are also freaking dwarfs on this.
More proof that this ending looks worse as the more you look at it from a detail standpoint.
At a glance it just looks like Vegeta and Goku are closer to the camera, but then you notice Vegeta is behind Roshi. :crazy:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Noah wrote:
Wow, this looks pretty bad. 17 and 18 are supposed to have the same height, Freeza if not the same size as the androids just a bit taller, Vegeta is a freaking giant compared to them, Roshi and Krillin are also freaking dwarfs on this.
More proof that this ending looks worse as the more you look at it from a detail standpoint.
At a glance it just looks like Vegeta and Goku are closer to the camera, but then you notice Vegeta is behind Roshi. :crazy:
And Krillin next to Roshi.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Ide's corrections are bad. What would you vonsider his best Super Episode where his corrections were actually good?

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 pm

I remember some of you guys have albums of screenshots from various episodes, is that right? You guys mind sharing the albums from episode which contains Takahashi Goku SSJGod?

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:09 pm

Has anyone addressed why Z looks so much more detailed than Super? Not talking about animation here per se, but so far everything in Super feels clean and flat. Is this a production schedule issue?

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Jaetinh wrote:I remember some of you guys have albums of screenshots from various episodes, is that right? You guys mind sharing the albums from episode which contains Takahashi Goku SSJGod?
I was able to find these two albums which may be what you're looking for.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IFQLb

https://imgur.com/gallery/kzVmi
supersaiyanZero wrote:Has anyone addressed why Z looks so much more detailed than Super? Not talking about animation here per se, but so far everything in Super feels clean and flat. Is this a production schedule issue?
The character designs have gotten simpler and simpler over the years, this can be attributed to Super's main character designer, Yamamuro. I don't think it's a production scheduling issue as much as it is just the character designers being much simpler. Z ran on a weekly basis just like Super. Here's a great picture that helps show some of the difference in old vs new.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Noah wrote:
Everytime I look at it, I can see more problems with it. I don't understand how so many flaws are allowed on these ending visuals. I understand about the time it takes to make it and the new movie that is coming out this year , but it is still unacceptable for it to have this many flaws
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 am

majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:It got buried in the other thread I posted it in; maybe I'll have better luck here since it's the middle of the page and not the final post on a page.

There's a 5 day countdown until an official announcement regarding Kitaro. We may know more about if there will or will not be a dbs hiatus by the end of the week.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/kitaroanime5 ... 4810829825
If Kitaro is a getting a new series, then the hiatus rumor may be true after all.
Not really a rumor since it's just Ajay making a speculation.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 am

Jaetinh wrote:I remember some of you guys have albums of screenshots from various episodes, is that right? You guys mind sharing the albums from episode which contains Takahashi Goku SSJGod?
Here's the SSG Album imgur sucks and uploads not in order so Takahashi's stuff isn't in order spread throughout the album. I've tried rearranging but imgur doesn't save it for some reason. Regret using imgur to store all these albums.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm

HeroR wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:It got buried in the other thread I posted it in; maybe I'll have better luck here since it's the middle of the page and not the final post on a page.

There's a 5 day countdown until an official announcement regarding Kitaro. We may know more about if there will or will not be a dbs hiatus by the end of the week.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/kitaroanime5 ... 4810829825
If Kitaro is a getting a new series, then the hiatus rumor may be true after all.
Not really a rumor since it's just Ajay making a speculation.
It's become a rumor now due to so many people talking about it.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 am

Almost all 4 promo artists now have done UI Goku:

Decent-Good Promo Artist:
[spoiler]Image
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

In the middle Yamamuro:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Shit Promo Artist: :sick:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 am

The first two artists you listed there are the same person. We're just waiting on the one with Shida-esque shading now - he did the first US Blu-ray cover.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 am

Ajay wrote:The first two artists you listed there are the same person. We're just waiting on the one with Shida-esque shading now - he did the first US Blu-ray cover.
Did the artist with the Shida-esque shading also illustrate these? If so, I love his work and these drawings are way better than Yamamuro's promo art for the Future Trunks arc.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Ajay wrote:The first two artists you listed there are the same person. We're just waiting on the one with Shida-esque shading now - he did the first US Blu-ray cover.
Did the artist with the Shida-esque shading also illustrate these? If so, I love his work and these drawings are way better than Yamamuro's promo art for the Future Trunks arc.
He did, yeah! They're so great.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 am

Ahh I've updated the post. It is strange how they never did Part 2 or 3, would have loved to have seen a proper SSGSS Vegeta and Golden Freeza art.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Almost all 4 promo artists now have done UI Goku:

Decent-Good Promo Artist:
[spoiler]Image
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

In the middle Yamamuro:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Shit Promo Artist: :sick:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
where's the 4th i only count 3 ?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Withe Super confirmed to be ending I get that nasty feeling that Yamamuro is overseeing the last episode. Eek.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Super's ending means we will probably get an outstanding finale for the ToP, in terms of animation, right?
They will be able to concentrate all the best staff in the final episodes to make them as good as possible. Forget Episodes 66 and 110, we are in for a treat.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

FartiliciousManChild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FartiliciousManChild » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Wowowowow, what did i miss here??
Super is ending?? Nani? Source? When was it confirmed that Super is going to be ending?

Or is this just the hiatus we're talking about here? Aka a temporary break.

Edit: i found Todd's tweet with the newspaper... Let's hope this will be a good thing for Super's schedule.
How i got into this shit: