Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:58 am

Didn't really feel the whiplash here tbh thought it looked good!
IGhostUlt wrote:I honestly like the green sky. Looks cool.
I think an aesthetic change is needed, I welcome it.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 am

Not a fan of the green sky myself.. its too damn bright... like puke or something.
I thought we would get a huge drop in animation because of what we got from 109 and especially 110, glad to be wrong as everything was still great, DBS is so darn fun to watch now more than it was before, its fights has finally become its main selling point again.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:01 am

I don't have problems with the green sky but it could have been another color like purple or dark red, because green reminds me of FT Trunks arc and Namek.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:08 am

I don't have a problem with the sky turning green, what I do have a problem with is that the sky put a green tint on the arena but not on the fighters, making them weirdly stick out.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I don't have a problem with the sky turning green, what I do have a problem with is that the sky put a green tint on the arena but not on the fighters, making them weirdly stick out.
I think maybe that's the point?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:37 am

I would have preferred to see a blue sky, or a color similar to the one in the previous ending song. This green is too bright, I'm not liking it. Though in Toriyama's arena design the background was green, it may not even be Toei's idea.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 am

#37:
Karasawa!!! Really good looking first half, second not as strong but at this point the best looking episode so far in the arc, last week #36 had some really iffy Shimanuki art in parts but you can see the gradual improvement. Next week #38 should be good, from what I remember the best looking episode of the tournament.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:#37:
Karasawa!!! Really good looking first half, second not as strong but at this point the best looking episode so far in the arc, last week #36 had some really iffy Shimanuki art in parts but you can see the gradual improvement. Next week #38 should be good, from what I remember the best looking episode of the tournament.
Don't you mean, the second half looked good, even though the first looked bad? Because the first half of #37 is really underwhelming.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:20 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Don't you mean, the second half looked good, even though the first looked bad? Because the first half of #37 is really underwhelming.
I think the problem I had with second half was everyone other than Vegeta and Cabba looked kind of off.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
I think the problem I had with second half was everyone other than Vegeta and Cabba looked kind of off.
Not really that much off I would say, it was also way better animated than the first, which was pretty much a slide-show.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 pm

It's too much to expect Goku vs. Jiren rematch to be like this?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:17 am

Noah wrote:It's too much to expect Goku vs. Jiren rematch to be like this?
tate pls :lol: :lol: :lol:

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:19 am

cuartas wrote:
Does Tate still get the blame for those stills by the way?

ChaosX79

Post by ChaosX79 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:53 am

hopefully not, after the BR release people should forget about the TV release, with BR it should be considered as standard or significantly below average for tate's animation.

But after the long run Super's been in, looking at tate's weakest back in 72, it's a huge contrast compared to the series' rough beginnings. It's just so impressive seeying how back then everyone complained on almost every episode's animation and art quality, and now, after 100+ episodes, there's almost no complaining or hard criticism for the most part.
Dragon Ball Super's production has come a long way in improvement, and we still have half of the series to go through till the end. What a time to be alive and be a Dragon Ball fan.
Before creation comes destruction...
- Beerus-sama

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Seeing that actually makes me feel better about how the series looks now, I mean just try rewatching it... its like ground and heaven.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
cuartas wrote:
I can't even remotely consider another episode 5 will come again, even more, I think the next arc can follow the tendency and be an improvement vs the previous arc

FartiliciousManChild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FartiliciousManChild » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 pm

cuartas wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
cuartas wrote: tate pls :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't even remotely consider another episode 5 will come again, even more, I think the next arc can follow the tendency and be an improvement vs the previous arc
Heck, if this trend of animation/art improvement persists we might even come to see a time where 3 levels of shading (might be called 2 layers of shading, idk exactly) becomes the norm!
How i got into this shit:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:39 pm

FartiliciousManChild wrote:
cuartas wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Does Tate still get the blame for those stills by the way?
Heck, if this trend of animation/art improvement persists we might even come to see a time where 3 levels of shading (might be called 2 layers of shading, idk exactly) becomes the norm!
What's that?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:04 pm

So I'm going through the UI album to pick a shot for my wallpaper and I noticed I managed to snap this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The random bluey blob between Goku and Jiren reads A44. What the heck is that about? A production note accidentally left there or something? Very odd.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So I'm going through the UI album to pick a shot for my wallpaper and I noticed I managed to snap this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The random bluey blob between Goku and Jiren reads A44. What the heck is that about? A production note accidentally left there or something? Very odd.
Yup, it'll probably be removed in the Bluray.