Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Apparently SIC K's broadcast of Dragon Ball Super only starts next Monday the 23rd.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Seriously. Why did they choose the first image they found in Google!
Don't know how they do it, but they use fake images most of the time. Others they already used:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:26 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Don't know how they do it, but they use fake images most of the time. Others they already used:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The first I can kinda understand why they used it, it kinda looks official. But the second one and the one I posted?! Come on SIC!!!
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Wow :problem: Can't believe they used this image in the SicK website.

Seriously. Why did they choose the first image they found in Google!
Send them an e-mail explaining it's fan art.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:02 am

Episode 31:
- Vegeta could be better, he can do better and he has done better so I'll wait to see if he's falling to the Dark Side again;
- The translation in the part where Vegeta explains why him an Goku like their wives was really weird, but in the part where Zuno explains the Super Dragon Ball was actually well done, the translation crew is quite unbalanced;
- Jaco is a lot better, not perfect but a lot better and pdidn't ruin the episode like he would if it was like in the RoF arc.
- And is it just me or did they add someone new to the dub crew, I mean there wasn't nobody new in the credits but the voice in the radio didn't seem like no one that's in the dub right now.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:34 am

Since I can't edit my previous comment I'll write this here.
According to Wikipedia Cabba will be voiced by Romeu Vala (Thank God it's not Gabriel Gonçalves :thumbup: ), Botamo will be played by João Loy and Hit by Quimbé (Would have preferred Rui de Sá but I guess Quimbé could do a good job).
I guess they're not bad choices but I would've preferred some new people, maybe for the Universe 6 Kaioshins?
Link: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super

ZPolk01

Post by ZPolk01 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Here's something I never got, how come Henrique Feist voices Goku and Gohan, but not Goten, instead of Trunks? It's just odd, so keep him as Trunks but not cast him as Goten, it's just odd to me.

ZPolk01

Post by ZPolk01 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Episode 31:
- The translation in the part where Vegeta explains why him an Goku like their wives was really weird.
How was it weird? What did they say?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:25 pm

ZPolk01 wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Episode 31:
- The translation in the part where Vegeta explains why him an Goku like their wives was really weird.
How was it weird? What did they say?
The exact translation from that scene in the dub:
"( Jaco leaves with Bulma)
Goku: Looks like our wives are determined.
Vegeta: What? Yes it appears so... Yes! Okay but I like her!
Goku: Come on Vegeta, I also like Chi Chi very much.
Vegeta: It's in our blood, Saiyan wives are determined."

The weird part is that because of the mouth movements they said "Saiyan wives are determined" instead of "It's because Saiyan women were determined" It just felt weird the way they translated it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:41 pm

ZPolk01 wrote:Here's something I never got, how come Henrique Feist voices Goku and Gohan, but not Goten, instead of Trunks? It's just odd, so keep him as Trunks but not cast him as Goten, it's just odd to me.
Feist always dubs every version of his characters - kid, teen and adult. When FT Trunks appeared he got the role and then like Goku and Gohan, when present Trunks was born he kept the tradition and dubbed him too. Goten appeared later when he already had his plate full, so they wisely gave Goten's role to another voice actor.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:58 am

Well episode 32 arrived and the U6 fighters came with him (and a new Champa voice):
- João Loy's back in shape and was clearly having a bad day when e recorded the previous 4 episodes (love is fight screams);
- Feist keeps nailing the man-child Goku thing, he's clearly better at this than serious Goku but I think he'll pull off a great Black, he has done some villains in other dubs so I think he can pull it off;
- Monaka is Rui de Sá and Cabba is Romeu Vala so i guess Wikipedia is legit, both gave good voices to the characters, I was afraid they would censor the nipples line but guess not (that's great, Loy also sounds like h'll do a good job as Botamo;
- Champa finally has a great voice again;
- BUT the editor messed up by cutting lines at the end making the dub sound out of place in some places;
- oh and Loy is doing the Galactic King, guess he's doing a bunch of side-characters;
- And we had a really funny joke when the penguin sang the Universe hanthem "I wanna be like Ana Malhoa" :lol: , Ana Malhoa is another awful singer in Portugal.

Now the real question is will Quimbé pull of a great Hit?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:48 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Ana Malhoa is another awful singer in Portugal.
She's not awful at all.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:13 pm

sangofe wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:Huh, seems like the RoF arc is ending, well folks, time to return, where could i watch it online?
PM'ed you.
It's not like it's illegal to watch the streams online. Why can't the OP just put link in the first post to it :/ I asked already...
Oh, I only saw your comment now, sorry! We can't edit comments anymore but here's the official site: http://sic.sapo.pt/Programas/dragon-bal ... /episodios
It's the only way to watch it legally.

SIC will weekly update it with the newest two episodes while they delete the old ones.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Actually I can edit the original post. I'll do it now.

EDIT: Done.
Last edited by omegalucas on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Well Super's airing on SIC K, they didn't even changed the intro to the 2nd version so they'll clearly not redub Vegeta, we'll have to deal with that thing forever in the BoG arc. Still holding out hope it won't be censored.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Ratings

Episode 25
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 26
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 27
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 28
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 29
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 30
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 31
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 32
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Fu**! Instead of delaying Super to reach more people, SIC gave it the worst time slot so far - 9: 15 AM. It already had 9:30 AM, 9:45 AM and 10:15 AM.
Forget breaking the 300k, it will already be a miracle if we break the 200k barrier like this.

Thank God nowadays we have SIC K and SIC Radical to back it up!

Still, I'm impressed how good Super is doing despite the circumstances. It's still the lead-in for Lua Vermelha and we're managing to tie or even beat it a couple of times.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Well Super's airing on SIC K, they didn't even changed the intro to the 2nd version so they'll clearly not redub Vegeta, we'll have to deal with that thing forever in the BoG arc. Still holding out hope it won't be censored.
So, episode 3 aired today right? Was it censored?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Well Super's airing on SIC K, they didn't even changed the intro to the 2nd version so they'll clearly not redub Vegeta, we'll have to deal with that thing forever in the BoG arc. Still holding out hope it won't be censored.
So, episode 3 aired today right? Was it censored?
Just checked right now. Still censored :thumbdown: ...
Our only hope to see it uncensored is Sic Radical, a channel created to be edgy.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:50 pm

I have some bad news for the dub.
APPARENTLY they won't be adding nobody new to the dubbing crew :thumbdown:. I say apparently because it's been told to me by one of the admins of the facebook page that don't have nothing to do with the dub and are just admins of the page, nothing more nothing less. If it's true (hope it's not) than this means we're really in danger of getting Gabriel Gonçalves as Zamasu like some people were asking, it could be Romeu Vala and that would be a lot better since is a veteran at dubbing but his voice could end up being similar to Cabba's.
They are also already at episode 50, and that means Feist already did is Black performance.

Episode 33 review
[spoiler]Episode 33:
- This wasn't the best dubbed episode it was pretty mediocre;
- Botamo's voice wasn't that good, João Loy was a bad choice to get that role;
- Frost has the exact same voice has the Freeza just like the original;
- They forgot to reord the line that says that Goku and Frost are the next fighters;
- Romeu Vala added a small joke as Krillin, it was harmless but it wasn't the funniest joke ever;
- Quimbé finally chose a voice for Champa and it's closer to the japanese voice unlike the deeper voice he previously used, probably changed it because of Hit's voice;
- And it looks like they're staying with "Raio Mortífero" (Deadly Ray) for the Makankosappo.[/spoiler]

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:59 pm

No way they're over episode 50. Loy posted a video from Audio In's studio last Monday that had a still of Hit with a red overlay on the background monitor. That's from the SSB Kaioken scenes, ergo episode 39 or 40.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0223126948