Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:Sure but it's a bit petty to attack the Spanish dub based on a channel edits alone. I always go for the uncut version of the dub so I don't get annoyed by Boing's weird practices.

P.S. I don't even think it's Boing's fault but the version the Spanish bought was already in that shape as I've read the French have these odd cuts too.
So far we only had cuts on episodes 3 and 4, both being Kamesennin's antics. What has been cut on your dub?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51 pm

The "Boing version" has too many cuts to even remember them all, one of the cuts consisted of removing the episode's preview entirely. Boing generally doesn't censor shows that they broadcast so this is down to the licensed edition they [Boing] bought to be televised. Whereas, the home release is uncut and is being released by Selecta Visión.

Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm

10/02 Ratings:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Looks like it's following the same trend than before. I can't understand SIC logic on keep airing Lua Vermelha reruns after DBS and not the other way around.
The later something airs in the morning, the better.

I can't find the chart for the first weekend.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Guys! Great news for the ones who like sticker albums. Panini recently released the Dragon Ball Super Sticker Album in Portugal.
Here are some pictures from the website:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I never completed one of these before, not even the football ones, so I guess I'm gonna finally do it with this one.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Interesting. How much do the boosters go for?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Whoa that's awesome!! Loy just received the spanish one some days ago from fans.
I'm really happy we are getting something. :D
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:Interesting. How much do the boosters go for?
I'm not sure but from what I've read each one goes for 0,45€.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Well, it's been decades since I've collected Panini stickers. I might go for it, but unfortunately it seems it only covers the first two arcs.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Nothing new. DBS stickers have been available in Spain for ages.

The Portuguese fans always get leftovers.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Interesting, they have names. Wondering if the Portuguese stickers will have Piccolo or Satã...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm

omegalucas wrote:Interesting, they have names. Wondering if the Portuguese stickers will have Piccolo or Satã...
That's the weird thing about this. I got it today and it's quality is really great but the translations. The original characters' names were kept but there were things that they translated, instead of "Saiyans" we have "Space Warriors", "Super Saiyans" are "Super Space Warriors" instead of just "Super Warriors" and "Dragon Balls" are "Crystal Balls".

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:53 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Besides Biggs always censored animes that had violence, from the very beginning with InuYasha
Inuyasha aired uncut on Biggs. I'm absolutely 100% certain of this.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:51 pm

So today was the Hakai episode.
They went with "Destruction" instead of "Hakai" and I'm fine with that, even though "Hakai" is more badass. Loy's Zamasu has been good but the problem of him being Loy is that he has such a distinguishable voice that it's impossible to not hear him. The rest of the cast was also very good and OMG I love how aggressive Vegeta is when he fight's Black, it's just so GOOD! Next week is the one where Trunks gets Super Saiyan Rage right? If so, I hope Feist delivers big time.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:So today was the Hakai episode.
They went with "Destruction" instead of "Hakai" and I'm fine with that, even though "Hakai" is more badass. Loy's Zamasu has been good but the problem of him being Loy is that he has such a distinguishable voice that it's impossible to not hear him. The rest of the cast was also very good and OMG I love how aggressive Vegeta is when he fight's Black, it's just so GOOD! Next week is the one where Trunks gets Super Saiyan Rage right? If so, I hope Feist delivers big time.
Yep it is! I really hope Feist delivers those lines well because that is an amazing moment!
I'm also really hyped to see him do Goku raging out against Black when he hears about Chi-Chi and Goten's Death

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:11 pm

They went with "Destruction" instead of "Hakai" and I'm fine with that, even though "Hakai" is more badass.
Not that I watch the dub, but considering that they've called Kamehameha to a Masenko some episodes ago, let's just be glad for the rare instances where they are at least faithful.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
They went with "Destruction" instead of "Hakai" and I'm fine with that, even though "Hakai" is more badass.
Not that I watch the dub, but considering that they've called Kamehameha to a Masenko some episodes ago, let's just be glad for the rare instances where they are at least faithful.
Well at least that was corrected in the following episode, I don't mind them translating Hakai, it's not wrong and well it could have been worse, altough Hakai is more badass indeed

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:03 pm

They translated the Hakai itself right, but afterwards they keep referering to the moment as a desintegration...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:10 pm

omegalucas wrote:They translated the Hakai itself right, but afterwards they keep referering to the moment as a desintegration...
I think that's another case of it being the english script from Toei and to be fair the attack name may have been Destruction but he desintegrated so...

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 pm

diogoarez wrote:Well at least that was corrected in the following episode
Was there a Masenko in the following episode?

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
diogoarez wrote:Well at least that was corrected in the following episode
Was there a Masenko in the following episode?
In the review.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr