Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:45 am

This dub is comically so inconsistently bad but on the bright side, the PT dub is almost nearing the end of the series so there's that, at the very least. Portuguese TV networks should just import the BR dubs from Brazil and air them on their channels because it's clear no one in Portugal is remotely interested to make any quality dubs.

Even moreso, actors and actresses change countries to US, CA, ES, UK and so on because they have a hard time as it is to find a job that isn't a damn soap opera or that they're not given the value they're worth. Pêpê Rapazote is a great example, he's already starred in a couple of American shows and I'd love to watch him on more.

Henrique Feist has done fucked it up for the rest of his career as the 'Portuguese Goku' and it'll stick with him.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:29 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:snip
Nah, we're good. Not with DragonBall but that is the worst example in a mile of how modern dubbing is done in Portugal so taking that and saying "Urr durr dub so badddd import it Urr durr" is just idiotic to say the least, you can't take one example of a dub that didn't evolve and just kill an entire industry that's starting to boom that's absurd.

Also Pepê Rapazote went to do something bigger he didn't ran away, he also stated that he'd be happy to come back if he was invited. TV series in Portugal (not soap operas) are focusing on a younger generation of actors and that's fine.

As for Feist saying this will haunt him for the rest of his days is funny, your crusade to end him after what he said won't go far. I don't agree with what he said and the way he said it but wanting him to get fired and banned from dubbing DB ever again is worthless.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:38 am

It's not really just one example but dubbing in Portugal pales in comparison to the works done for example, in Brazil, Spain, France and etc. Disney movies might get quality dubs but then again it's a Disney product so obviously they wouldn't want a botched up dub to represent their product.

Now, you said in Portugal they're hiring young actors to play on show? Which shows exactly? SIC and TVI pretty much just air soap operas and then mask them as series by calling "seasons" when it reaches the end of the first part. RTP on the other hand makes an effort to do something better, thank fuck.

By the way, run away? Why exactly run away? No one here is being attacked. Moving from one country to another doesn't constitute "run away".

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:49 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:It's not really just one example but dubbing in Portugal pales in comparison to the works done for example, in Brazil, Spain, France and etc. Disney movies might get quality dubs but then again it's a Disney product so obviously they wouldn't want a botched up dub to represent their product.
Can you give me other examples please.
JohnnyCashKami wrote: Now, you said in Portugal they're hiring young actors to play on show? Which shows exactly? SIC and TVI pretty much just air soap operas and then mask them as series by calling "seasons" when it reaches the end of the first part. RTP on the other hand makes an effort to do something better, thank fuck.
I was talking about RTP obviously, SIC and TVI can fuck off, I'm hoping the new SIC director actually gives us more things than soap operas since he's been all about rejuvenating the channel.
JohnnyCashKami wrote: By the way, run away? Why exactly run away? No one here is being attacked. Moving from one country to another doesn't constitute "run away".
Not run away in a literal sense more of a "I can't get work here that satisfies me so I'm going to work somewhere else".
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:36 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Henrique Feist has done fucked it up for the rest of his career as the 'Portuguese Goku' and it'll stick with him.
Are you from Portugal or Brazil?
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Any clue of when SIC will air the last episodes?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:49 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Any clue of when SIC will air the last episodes?
It's hard to tell since SIC doesn't have more episode and we don't know if Toei Europe is already selling the last batch of episodes.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 am

I wonder if Ultimate Battle will be dubbed or left in Japanese :think:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:48 am

Tian wrote:I wonder if Ultimate Battle will be dubbed or left in Japanese :think:
I'mm 99% sure it won't be dubbed

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:45 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
Tian wrote:I wonder if Ultimate Battle will be dubbed or left in Japanese :think:
I'mm 99% sure it won't be dubbed
LMAO, knowing Audio-In incompetence if they dubbed the song they would remove the sound effects everytime it played, like they did in Champa's tournament,

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Looks like SIC is having a meeting with Toei (confirmed by the SIC K actually official facebook page) next week so the break between episodes probably won't be as long as last time.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Best case scenario we'll have the remaining episodes and they'll negotiate the movie's rights.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Don't know if any of you guys saw this but Big Picture Films is in talks with 20th Century Fox about the movie here and they're just waiting on the confirmation that they can show the movie here, so right now the chances of us getting the movie right now are 99% and I highly doubt this won't go forward. Let's just hope we get dubbed and subbed screenings so everybody can be happy. JESUS I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS IN THE THEATRE!!!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:44 am

I'm still taking it with a grain of salt until there's an official announcement, since it wouldn't be the first time those guys are mistaken, and it's a second-hand information. Although this admin is usually more credible than Gabriel.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:01 pm

If the movie really comes to Portugal, we should try to have a Kanzenshuu meet and go watch it together.

By the way, there's also this:
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/DBSymphonicAdventure/

We already had this for Zelda and Harry Potter, Dragon Ball shouldn't be impossible.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:33 pm

So I asked my nephew to play an episode of Dragon Ball Super and it didn't last long before I had to stop that pile of shit.

They spelled Freeza as "Frezzer" on the episode title and the dub in itself was so cringey it made me wish there were Z episodes or anything to watch. I can't believe what a cesspool this dub is, I'm truly disappointed. Already knew how bad it was but didn't expect it could be even worse.

What the hell happened to QC.. Well, Portuguese dubs were never praised for being actually good. To be fair, there are a few decent ones; Disney, DreamWorks, Luk Internacional and older dubs of anime series such as Dogtanian, D'Artagnan, Tom Sawyer or that anime show with adorable squirrels and whatnot.

I have the old Disney VHS releases from Portugal and a good chunk of them had Brazilian dubs instead which I'm A-OK with. I do remember watching Cinderella with the Brazilian dub as a kid so can't complain. It's as good as it ever were.

Guess they better stick with novelas since that's what they're good at. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 pm

I'm sorry if this seems rude but where are you from? I thought you were from Canada since you are waiting for the Ocean dub but now I really dont know! You dont have to tell if you dont want to though.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

severo90

Post by severo90 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Dont know if this is will work, but maybe it's worth a try sharing it in here:

https://www.change.org/p/fox-we-want-dr ... n-portugal

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 am

severo90 wrote:Dont know if this is will work, but maybe it's worth a try sharing it in here:

https://www.change.org/p/fox-we-want-dr ... n-portugal
Good luck with that. Portugal doesn't even have an official anime distributor of its own like Spain, France, Germany, Britain, America, Australia and so on have, I still remember that SIC acquired Dragon Ball Kai only to have it air it more or less once and then never again. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Kai, The Movies and Specials on DVD/BD?

I'd love for Dragon Ball Movie 4 to be released physically in Portugal so I could legally own the Portuguese dub on DVD or Blu-ray since it's my favorite movie dubbed in PT and done so professionally.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 am

Hey guys,
Regarding the movie here. I think Big Picture Films is out of the picture (EDIT: pun not on purpose), they got the message and if they were going to do something we would've known by now. However there is another distributor that has a lot more experience with anime in Portugal that can actually save us. I'm talking about Outsider Films Portugal. They're bringing "Mirai" and "Mary and the Witch's Flower" to Portuguese movie theatres next year and they're also working on the physical releases of the recent "Ghost In the Shell" movies and "Akira". I think Outsider Films is our best bet and if you want to help (portuguese or not) you can send the following message to their FB page.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:24 am

Well, Outsider are a bunch of bastards too.
Boa tarde. Não vemos em que ponto a Outsider Films tem ligação com esta petição e com esta mensagem, pelo que pedimos que parem de nos contactar a este respeito. Obrigado.
Translation:
Good afternoon. We don't see what Outsider Films has to do with this petition and message, so we ask you to stop contacting us about this subject. Thank you.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball