Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Deleted the previous post because there's A LOT of new information.
Feist and Spínola are confirmed OUT and it was due to contractual reasons. Also the new episodes and the movie will be dubbed by Audio-In that this time stood it's ground and refused to put more costs into actors than into quality control and a director. Goku and Beerus voices will be missed but oh well... Trailer should come out next week so the new Goku voice will be heard then. Interesting how audio-in is putting more effort into the dub now since they did castings and everything that they should've done from the beggining. Quimbé is majorly involved with big picture and pushed for Broly to be distributed and is majorly involved with the dub so I would bet anything he is the new director.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Deleted the previous post because there's A LOT of new information.
Feist and Spínola are confirmed OUT and it was due to contractual reasons. Also the new episodes and the movie will be dubbed by Audio-In that this time stood it's ground and refused to put more costs into actors than into quality control and a director. Goku and Beerus voices will be missed but oh well... Trailer should come out next week so the new Goku voice will be heard then. Interesting how audio-in is putting more effort into the dub now since they did castings and everything that they should've done from the beggining. Quimbé is majorly involved with big picture and pushed for Broly to be distributed and is majorly involved with the dub so I would bet anything he is the new director.
Sorry guys for spreading that false hope then :(
Since my source never had failed me before I trusted him...I'm really sorry.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm

diogoarez wrote: Sorry guys for spreading that false hope then :(
It's okay, man. Stuff like this happens. Let's think of the good side, Feist, Spínola and Loy got payed what they wanted when Super was with SIC, now that it's with Biggs Audio-In stood it's ground and while Loy accepted the usual payment for dubs here Feist and Spínola decided to leave. With nobody taking more than what they should from the budget the cast will surely grow and a dub director is on his or her way since castings are always handled by the director. A jump in quality will probably be seen and Audio-In got a second chance, let's hope they don't fail this time.
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote: Sorry guys for spreading that false hope then :(
It's okay, man. Stuff like this happens. Let's think of the good side, Feist, Spínola and Loy got payed what they wanted when Super was with SIC, now that it's with Biggs Audio-In stood it's ground and while Loy accepted the usual payment for dubs here while Feist and Spínola decided to leave. With nobody taking more than what they should from the budget the cast will surely grow and a dub director is on his or her way since castings are always handled by the director. A jump in quality will probably be seen and Audio-In got a second chance, let's hope they don't fail this time.
True, knowing Audio In and their 50/50 success rate with dubs maybe we'll get a good one now.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:07 am

It's a shame Spínola is leaving. Despite I never liked his Freeza voice, his Beerus and 17 were great.

By the way, I forgot to comment that Miguel Raposo's Goku doesn't sound bad at all. I like it :D

Off-topic: I had no idea there was a shipping between Loy and Tânia Gaidarji (Bulma's Brazilian VA) and that Loy was aware of his reputation in Latin America as "Vegeta Gemidos Locos" (Crazy Moans Vegeta in English) :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:04 pm

I've been out of the loop about all of this, since there are other things taking my time now.

It's hilarious Loy is confirmed but not Feist and Spinola because from the tree, Loy was the one I wanted to go away the most. Other funny thing is Loy always getting crowned as the one and only Portuguese Vegeta, when Spinola was a much better Vegeta than he ever was.

Best case scenario for this movie would be Loy go away and Spinola take the mantle as Vegeta once again.

As for new voice actors, Romeu Vala, Joana Castro and Quimbé were fantastic additions to the cast. Give me voice actors who are at least as good as them and a faithful script becomes my only problem.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:01 pm

FFS... As much as I'm saddened by their exit, now the page is encouraging people to not see the movie if they are not in... Fuck off

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:15 pm

diogoarez wrote:FFS... As much as I'm saddened by their exit, now the page is encouraging people to not see the movie if they are not in... Fuck off
Wait, the page? As in the official facebook page? That's completely fucking stupid, are they trying to sabotage the series more than what it's already being? ._.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm glad Feist is no longer Goku, time for a new voice actor to play the role. The new VA from Biggs' sample sounds like he suits Son.

If only if Loy were to do the same. A new Vegeta would be great, too.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Lose Feist and Spínola and still get stuck with Audio-In is not a good thing.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:50 am

Jesus that post is just so childish. After everything they just say that, my god... I think its says a lot when the comments that are on top are saying that evento though it's sad that they are gone people will still support the movie. Childish nostalgic behaviour won't win here. Unless the page wants to disrespect Cavalinhos, Loy, Quimbé (the man that annoyed the fuck out of Big Picture so we could have the movie) and the rest of the cast. People will still go and see the movie and I'm sure it will make a lot of money (that page likes to forget that children know what DB is since it never stopped airing here).

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:46 am

They're still gonna call Kakarot as 'Caixalote'? : - /

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:58 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:They're still gonna call Kakarot as 'Caixalote'? : - /
I'd bet good money on that, yeah. They're also sure to keep the stupid "Space Warriors" crap, too. Because "muh nostalgia".

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:02 am

BlueChi wrote:
I'd bet good money on that, yeah. They're also sure to keep the stupid "Space Warriors" crap, too. Because "muh nostalgia".
Yeah... the only shot there was of changing it was if Toei made them but since the Catalan dub still uses "Space Warriors" I doubt we'll change it.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:06 am

That unfortunately will never happen. With this fandom they'd get even more crap than they're getting from the recasts.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:20 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Yeah... the only shot there was of changing it was if Toei made them but since the Catalan dub still uses "Space Warriors" I doubt we'll change it.
You're right about the Català dub but they did call Saiyans as Saiyans on the pilot episode of Dragon Ball Kai (Bola de Drac Z Kai). Other than that moment, they eventually went back to Guerrer de L’Espai.

To be fair, the Català dubs of Dragon Ball are really good so while these dubisms are annoying, they're not a deal-breaker.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:14 am

*Cachalote (a.k.a: sperm whale).

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:05 am

The movie started recordings today, looks like Quimbé will play Lemo and Shenron from the images we got.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:45 am

diogoarez wrote:The movie started recordings today, looks like Quimbé will play Lemo and Shenron from the images we got.
Solid choices for him, he can go deep for Shenron and Lemo is a good fit for his voice.

Biggs will start airing Super from the start with the dub we already know on March 4th. New episodes only in July.

EDIT. The FB page changed their post saying that they won't support the dub without Feist and Spínola to basically "Feist and Spínola are out. Nothing could be done. Let's support the dub for the movie and the rest of the episodes" what a fucking joke.
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 am

If the Portuguese dub of Super Broly turns out to be good and is proven lucrative, then maybe they could also dub Battle of Gods, Resurrection F and Kai/Kai TFC.