Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Tian » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:49 am

João Loy's Zamasu + Henrique Feist's Black = Romeu Vala's Fusion Zamasu :eh:

It's weird but I'm glad Romeu finally voices Zamasu...well, at least his fusion.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:44 pm

If Vegito doesn't have the double voice I'll riot!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:13 pm

diogoarez wrote:If Vegito doesn't have the double voice I'll riot!
Gotenks has a double voice so there's no need worry about Vegito. Even Zamasu has the eco in his voice so there's no need to worry about that.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Gotenks has a double voice so there's no need worry about Vegito. Even Zamasu has the eco in his voice so there's no need to worry about that.
I know I was kidding, but this Zamasu situation is weird, could Romeu have been the intended actor for him but for some reason Loy got the role later? Seems weird to change his voice so late in the game

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:25 pm

diogoarez wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
I know I was kidding, but this Zamasu situation is weird, could Romeu have been the intended actor for him but for some reason Loy got the role later? Seems weird to change his voice so late in the game
In my mind the director that was late because he was in vacation kicked the door open and said "WTF IS THIS SHIT?!", he then followed to pull Loy out of the recording booth and shoved Romeu in there because he's the one that should've been there from the start! I mean just listen to this perfection!
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
In my mind the director that was late because he was in vacation kicked the door open and said "WTF IS THIS SHIT?!", he then followed to pull Loy out of the recording booth and shoved Romeu in there because he's the one that should've been there from the start! I mean just listen to this perfection!
At this point I wouldn't be surprised, we know how much incompetent Audio In can be at times.
Damn now I want to see a "Special Edition" with Romeu as Zamasu all the time since the start like some movies have :D

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:35 pm

-Episode 63 and 64-

How many times Loy's Vegeta already said the joke "Deixa-me rir agora, que amanha posso ter cieiro." in Super?! Four times?! :roll:
His speech about Saiyan cells when he was beating down Black was bad.

On other hand, Feist Black was fire until the end!!! That evil laugh and speech about anger was <3
Major props to him. I'm proud! :clap:

Only in these dub to have a third voice actor to voice the fused character. :?
No idea what happened, but yeah Romeu was always one of th best choices for the role. Loy barely said stupid jokes as Zamasu, but he was one of the worst choices since the start.
It will be interesting to see how Romeu handles Merged Zamasu mental breakdown in episode 66. Absolutely no way Loy could deliver in that episode.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:51 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 63 and 64-

How many times Loy's Vegeta already said the joke "Deixa-me rir agora, que amanha posso ter cieiro." in Super?! Four times?! :roll:
His speech about Saiyan cells when he was beating down Black was bad.

On other hand, Feist Black was fire until the end!!! That evil laugh and speech about anger was <3
Major props to him. I'm proud! :clap:

Only in these dub to have a third voice actor to voice the fused character. :?
No idea what happened, but yeah Romeu was always one of th best choices for the role. Loy barely said stupid jokes as Zamasu, but he was one of the worst choices since the start.
It will be interesting to see how Romeu handles Merged Zamasu mental breakdown in episode 66. Absolutely no way Loy could deliver in that episode.
Reading comments about the Portuguese dub of Super is like a fandub which was accepted as the official dub for said country. To be fair, there are now a lot of professional fandubs out there so this Portuguese dub at best comes only somewhat decent.

They have had well over more than 20 years to improve and they're still just as incapable of doing a professional dub as they were back then. lol
FortuneSSJ wrote:Seems like there are DBS easter eggs at Continente and Pingo Doce:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Aw, that's so cute... €8? Never mind. :P
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:32 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Only in these dub to have a third voice actor to voice the fused character. :?
The German dubs of Z and TFC did this before.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Tv ratings:

17/02
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

24/02
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

3/03
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

10/03
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Things have changed. The second episode should get better ratings than the first episode and not the other way around.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:10 am

We got Vegito. Pronounced with an I. Not bad but I would have preferred if they pronounced it like Vegétto but its miles better than Vegeku.

Also, Kamehameha Final. No idea how they're going to do with the separate Final Kamehameha from the ToP though, considering Vegeta appears first yelling Final and then Goku yelling Kamehameha.

Feist wasn't on his best as Trunks in the earlier parts of the episode but he clearly gave his A-game on the Genki Dama sword. Also, Romeu Vala is the best that could have happened to Zamasu.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:33 am

After these episodes I can safely say Romeu Vala is a TOP 3 in my favorite villain voices in a Portuguese Dub, simply perfect.
That last scene with Trunks was amazing, Feist gave his all on that scene and redeemed himself

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:43 pm

omegalucas wrote:We got Vegito. Pronounced with an I. Not bad but I would have preferred if they pronounced it like Vegétto but its miles better than Vegeku.
Wow. The Portuguese dub finally changed something on its dub to make it more accurate, let's see how many years it'll take for them to substitute 'Warrior' to Saiyan. :P
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 pm

What happened to Vegetto? He sounded kinda bad. Kinda because Henrique Feist's side sounded like he was bored while João Loy's side was the opposite because he had more emotion.

Merged Zamasu is awesome! Romeu Vala should have been Zamasu since the beginning but I see the dialogue director didn't think the same till the fusion episode.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:44 am

Tian wrote:What happened to Vegetto? He sounded kinda bad. Kinda because Henrique Feist's side sounded like he was bored while João Loy's side was the opposite because he had more emotion.
I think in Vegetto first scenes Feist was clearly unconfortable following Loy's performance, he got more used to it as the episode went on but since their style of acting is so different Feist was not confortable.

OMG why wasn't Romeu Vala Zamasu from the beggining? He was just perfect in every scene. Thank God they changed Zamasu's voice because there's no way Loy could have pulled this off.
Oh another thing, I love that they are not giving Gabriel any characters (in all of this episodes he only did one line as Dende) but they could give him some background roles, if he's already on the cast at least make some use out of him.

And now the countdown begins until TOP starts airing: 5 weeks until May 5th!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:47 am

The Brazilian dub is getting a few notes from us and now have their own Pérolas.

https://youtu.be/ZFq92RVf5-U
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 am

I saw the last episodes in PT-PT and it was a mixed bag. I liked Gattai Zamasu's voice, it was far better than Loy's performance, and the fact they called "Vegito" and not "Vegeku" or "Vegelote". Joana Castro is also excellent as Mai. But in other side, Feist's performances as Trunks and as Vegito were pretty weird overall. He sounded bored as hell doing Vegito, and just emotionless doing Trunks. Also, therms like "Galick Ho" and "Final Flash" were badly translated into portuguese. Not commenting about Loy as Vegeta, that is not so bad as it was until the episode 8, but really needs a better direction.

But, overall, I liked the final result. Keeping "Kamehameha Final" was good too. Vegito's double voice was at least well synced, even with the echoed effect.
omegalucas wrote:The Brazilian dub is getting a few notes from us and now have their own Pérolas.

https://youtu.be/ZFq92RVf5-U
Actually, I think they did it sometimes in Super because of the brazilian dub of One Punch Man, that was released a few months before and had a lot of "pearls" and local adaptations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kys9jSLx4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmnI54d4AZo

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:25 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:Wow. The Portuguese dub finally changed something on its dub to make it more accurate, let's see how many years it'll take for them to substitute 'Warrior' to Saiyan. :P
Well, it's still wrong. They didn't pronounce it right and he has no business being called that in this dub.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 am

alakazam^ wrote:
SuperCyan2 wrote:Wow. The Portuguese dub finally changed something on its dub to make it more accurate, let's see how many years it'll take for them to substitute 'Warrior' to Saiyan. :P
Well, it's still wrong. They didn't pronounce it right and he has no business being called that in this dub.
Audio In pulled a English dub there. Cuz he has no business being called that there as well. Though there the pronouciation is closer to correct, considering they say Vegita.

Anyway, we should have gotten Vegelote and that's all.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm

omegalucas wrote: Anyway, we should have gotten Vegelote and that's all.
Not a fan of that name but it should have been like that since Vegetto introduced himself as "the fusion between Vegeta and Cachalote".