Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:49 pm

-Episode 65 and 66-

"...Eu sou o que o sou. Nós vivemos com a ajuda dos outros. Nós vivemos com a ajuda dos outros. Porque os mortais são assim!!" - FT Trunks
Jesus christ, that delivery was fantastic! I already replayed that part a couple of times. :clap:

Romeu Vala is a great Zamasu. I was expecting a little more in episode 66, but he still did a much better job than Loy could ever do.

Episode 66 is still as awesome as I remember.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 am

I'm quite glad the Portugal dub is great!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:18 am

Gafonso6 wrote: And now the countdown begins until TOP starts airing: 5 weeks until May 5th!
Can't wait to see how Audio In deals with the other universes.

Seriously, they are either cheap or lazy to hire more voice actors.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:14 pm

I got one of those DBS Easter Eggs. It comes with a spinner:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:41 am

The episodes this week:
- Loy returned as Universal Zamasu.
- Nothing was cut from the wish episode, despite they FREAKING calling for girls.
- Cavalinhos voices Arale in the preview (they wrote Aroe LOL the guy who writes the episode titles clearly does it by ear)
- A couple mistakes as usual, like sometimes referring to the regular DBs as Super DBs.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:53 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I'm quite glad the Portuguese dub is great!
That made me chuckle. :lol:

* Changed 'Portugal' to 'Portuguese' because of obvious reasons.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks for the correction. I will try to do it right next time.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Kinda obvious Loy would be Universal Zamasu.
I was expecting they wouldn't cut anything in episode 68 since a few episodes ago Roshi asked Goku to take him to a Girls' House in return of teaching him the Mafuba.

Aroe though?! Seriously?! They clearly say Arale! The guy in charge of doing the post-production in this dub needs to go and quickly!

I'm curious if they're going to dub the Arale opening bit. The Arale anime never aired in Portugal so they would need to translate it from scratch.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:04 pm

The Latin American dubbed the Arale opening. Wonder how our dub is gonna do it.
Also, surprised Cavalinhos is playing her, they seem to be avoiding giving her roles and last time Chaozu spoke it was Feist despite Cavalinhos voicing him in the first arc, so...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:24 pm

omegalucas wrote:The Latin American dubbed the Arale opening. Wonder how our dub is gonna do it.
I think you're confusing the LA dub with another dub since we're already ahead of the Latin American dub.
omegalucas wrote:Also, surprised Cavalinhos is playing her, they seem to be avoiding giving her roles and last time Chaozu spoke it was Feist despite Cavalinhos voicing him in the first arc, so...
She played her when she first appeared in Super. It could just be a case of not being able to be in the studio when she was needed for Chaozu, it happens to a lot of voice actors. Anyway she sounds good as Arale can't wait for this episode and the baseball on next week.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:42 pm

omegalucas wrote:The Latin American dubbed the Arale opening. Wonder how our dub is gonna do it.
Uh, but the Latin Spanish dub hasn't aired new episodes since November (it stopped with episode 67). Maybe you mistook it for another dub.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:18 pm

I KNEW it was too good to be true. Still, Latin America DOES love Dragon Ball best.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Tian wrote:Uh, but the Latin Spanish dub hasn't aired new episodes since November (it stopped with episode 67). Maybe you mistook it for another dub.
Maybe he mistook it somehow for the Castillan-Spanish dub which sounds entirely different from Mexican-Spanish.

Anyway, Cure Dragon, I found your comment a bit comedic because the Portuguese dub of Super is only like a little better than the old Z Portuguese dub. It's still laughably bad, with a small amount of voice-actors/actresses (and some nepotism), weird voices (and sometime with filters though that's a thing of the Z dub), a crappy dialog and its fans are stubborn as hell which is one of the reasons they still use the stupid ass 'Super Warriors', 'Little Satan Heart', 'Hercules', 'Songoku', etc. I think they still use Kika instead of ChiChi.

I don't remember if they swapped Mr. Popo for a different name because popo in Portuguese/Spanish means, you know. If we're about to change names because they have some sort of a negative connotation then might as well not bother with it.

Ha ha, this made me realize that the way they pronounce 'Songoku' they end up on saying ass (cu/rabo) and that's okay. :P

The Portuguese dub got stuck in time while the rest have all advanced and have been corrected. You know, it was so comforting to hear the French Kai dub use the term 'Saiyan' rather than 'Warriors' but the Portuguese dub of Super.. um, yeah.

If I had the chance to ask the Portuguese dub team a question it'd be: Why didn't you just call [Piccolo] as Lucifer rather than Little Satan Heart while at it?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:50 pm

It was an edit. The video was posted in 2016, no way any dub could have gotten that far. It even has a bit in Japanese in the beginning. My bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU58_JWEE_I

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 pm

omegalucas wrote:It was an edit. The video was posted in 2016, no way any dub could have gotten that far. It even has a bit in Japanese in the beginning. My bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU58_JWEE_I
Some dubs have actually made it this far. The Italian dub stopped airing not so long ago after they aired episode 76, and the Hebrew dub is already on the TOP.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:01 pm

I meant no dub could have gotten that far when the video was first posted in YouTube.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:03 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:The Portuguese dub got stuck in time while the rest have all advanced and have been corrected. You know, it was so comforting to hear the French Kai dub use the term 'Saiyan' rather than 'Warriors' but the Portuguese dub of Super.. um, yeah.
The Catalan dub of Kai and onwards still uses Space Warriors, and even though the Galacian dub changes to Saiyans, it (like the Catalan) dub still uses "Onda Vital"

TBF to Catalan Kai, it has Vegeta call Goku Kakarot, which Catalan Z doesn't. The approach seems to be to only fill in the names the Z script didn't provide.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Danfun64 wrote:The Catalan dub of Kai and onwards still uses Space Warriors, and even though the Galacian dub changes to Saiyans, it (like the Catalan) dub still uses "Onda Vital"

TBF to Catalan Kai, it has Vegeta call Goku Kakarot, which Catalan Z doesn't. The approach seems to be to only fill in the names the Z script didn't provide.
Huh, really? It's been years since I've seen the Catalan dub of Kai but I now vaguely remember it somewhat around the lines of 'Guerrers de Espasxe" (yeah, I can't write Catalan :P ). I do have to say, that I really liked it a lot and just watched it there and then because Spain never made a Castillan dub.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:09 am

SuperCyan2 wrote: Spain never made a Castillan dub.
I always found it ironic the fact that Kai was dubbed into Basque, Catalan and Galician but not in Iberian Spanish.

By the way, today I found out you guys from Spain were going to have a dub for Resurrection of F in Asturian Language.
https://m.20minutos.es/noticia/2077043/0/

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:31 am

Guys, don't just went and checked that this weekend there won't be any episodes since it's Easter Weekend.