Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:36 am

Universe Survival arc will be a nightmare to our small cast.
I don't see many more voice actors coming, so either a lot of characters will have voices alike or they will go with filters.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:43 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Universe Survival arc will be a nightmare to our small cast.
I don't see many more voice actors coming, so either a lot of characters will have voices alike or they will go with filters.
The post said that the cast stayed the same but that was said by the admin that as nothing to do with the dub, and if that information came from Gabriel it's probably fake, just like the one about Super returning this month or about the 95 episodes. The cast will probably grow but we'll only know when the episodes air just like we only knew Quimbé joined the cast when he first appeared. Audio In won't tell Gabriel squat because the moment they do he'll post it on the FB page. Also, filters are a no no in every studio nowadays unless the original character as one, Magetta for example.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Yeah our cast is kinda screwed when the TOP comes around since filters are not used nowadays bar a few exceptions and even with them the voices would sound really similar to each other, we may face a situation like the first Season of Haikyuu where Sofia Brito voiced all of the female characters and she ran out of tones of voice, sure they got a replacement in the second one but it was still weird at times.

I really hope we get new actors eventually not only to compensate for Gabriel's awful voice acting but also to help our cast pull off that huge number of characters, especially actresses since we only have 2 at the moment, some great actresses that could really help would be Ana Vieira, I'm a super fanboy of her but regardless of that I think she could pull many different characters since she has a great dominance over her voice( I also think she would be an amazing Kale), another amazing actress could be Bárbara Lourenço since she has an amazing track record of dubbing animes, Sofia Brito could also be a good choice since she managed that Haikyuu problem the best she could, there are many other actresses but I would be here all day listing names and probably they won't hire anyone else for the series. An actor joining wouldn't also be bad(like Peter Michael or Mário Bomba) but for the time being an actress is what we'll need the most for the TOP.

What I'll say might sound weird but as much as I want the new episodes I would prefer if they took their time and did an amazing dub like Haikyuu's, it may be a bit upsetting but as long it's for the best I won't mind it and we could have amazing results, except for Gabriel, he just plain sucks... :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:02 pm

diogoarez wrote:
They'll get new people the moment they see the cast of characters grow in such little time. In my opinion Bárbara Lourenço is a must for Kale and Mário Bomba would be great. Peter Michael doesn't dub in Audio In since Naruto Shippuden S9 and that was a long time ago.
And welcome to Kanzenshuu :wave:
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote:
They'll get new people the moment they see the cast of characters grow in such little time. In my opinion Bárbara Lourenço is a must for Kale and Mário Bomba would be great. Peter Michael doesn't dub in Audio In since Naruto Shippuden S9 and that was a long time ago.
And welcome to Kanzenshuu :wave:
Thanks! :D
I think Bárbara would be an amazing Caulifla and Ana Vieira an amazing Kale but either of them would be awesome and an amazing addition to the cast! Peter Michael is one of my favorite voice actors that's why I mentioned him but yeah Mário Bomba would be great for the TOP.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:11 pm

So, just for the heck of it, I've decided to make a line graph of the ratings of the series:

There's no ratings data for episode 39, hence it being at 0. There's an average of aprox. 170000 people watching the series. Episode 27 had the lowest rating due to being the first episode of 2017, which aired after a somewhat long break due to Christmas and New Year.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Danno from the TPA Portugal blog asked SIC about Super and the response he got was that the series would return before the end of the year. That's all we have.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: There's no ratings data for episode 39, hence it being at 0. There's an average of aprox. 170000 people watching the series.
Considering no other anime/cartoon here gets those ratings, that's impressive. My personal milestone for Super is to reach 300k at least once.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:So, just for the heck of it, I've decided to make a line graph of the ratings of the series:

There's no ratings data for episode 39, hence it being at 0. There's an average of aprox. 170000 people watching the series. Episode 27 had the lowest rating due to being the first episode of 2017, which aired after a somewhat long break due to Christmas and New Year.
Impressive ratings for an anime in our country! I really hope it returns this year

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:32 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:So, just for the heck of it, I've decided to make a line graph of the ratings of the series:

Looking at this I noticed something. Episode 8 (the infamous Loy episode) has the bigger ratings but from episode 8 to 9 we can see the biggest decline in ratings. Just comes to show the dent that Loy left due to his stupid bubble. Hopefully he didn't went back to it after the big break.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:26 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Looking at this I noticed something. Episode 8 (the infamous Loy episode) has the bigger ratings but from episode 8 to 9 we can see the biggest decline in ratings. Just comes to show the dent that Loy left due to his stupid bubble. Hopefully he didn't went back to it after the big break.
Two things to take into account: We see two episodes per weekend. The high ratings for episode 8 are easily explained by episode 7's exciting cliffhanger, which aired the day before:

The momentum (or lack of interest) is higher for an episode that airs the following day than for one that airs in the next week. Not to say that the reaction towards episode 8 didn't affect the viewership for episode 9, but there are other factors at play too.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:

Looking at this I noticed something. Episode 8 (the infamous Loy episode) has the bigger ratings but from episode 8 to 9 we can see the biggest decline in ratings. Just comes to show the dent that Loy left due to his stupid bubble. Hopefully he didn't went back to it after the big break.
I hope he hasn't regressed again into that deplorable Vegeta, his Vegeta from the last few episodes is essential to the Black arc as a whole, and I really hope he doesn't ruin the arc

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 pm

diogoarez wrote: I hope he hasn't regressed again into that deplorable Vegeta, his Vegeta from the last few episodes is essential to the Black arc as a whole, and I really hope he doesn't ruin the arc
I'm sure we'll know soon enough. i'm betting mid-October.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:38 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote: I hope he hasn't regressed again into that deplorable Vegeta, his Vegeta from the last few episodes is essential to the Black arc as a whole, and I really hope he doesn't ruin the arc
I'm sure we'll know soon enough. i'm betting mid-October.
I hope so, while I don't mind them taking longer to ensure quality I really hope they return soon, I need Henrique's Black in my life :clap: Subarashii

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Looks like we'll be getting more Dragon Ball Super stuff here. Although this time it's candy.
Dolci Preziosi will bring to retail and specialized stores a brand new range of Dragon Ball Z
and Dragon Ball Super confectioneries in Spain and Portugal.
Candies, advent calendars, ice creams, among many other sweetmeats will be available from Q4 2017.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Thank god.
I've been tired of seeing so much stuff of Pokemon and Yokai Watch, I didn't even know Yokai Watch was popular here, but I already saw schoolbags and more.
As for Pokemon besides the usual stuff, in the last days I've been seeing the promotional art advertising about the new series in the streets.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:10 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Thank god.
I've been tired of seeing so much stuff of Pokemon and Yokai Watch, I didn't even know Yokai Watch was popular here, but I already saw bags and more stuff.
Nintendo knows how to do marketing in Portugal and even with the awful censorhip CN does with the show it still has a lot of popularity.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:13 pm

While we are ont it, thanks to Disney Star Wars stuff in Portugal also skyrocketed.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:04 am

Nice to see more Dragon Ball marketing reach Portugal.
Let's hope the show returns soon :)

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Alright guys more casting news.
Rui de Sá created a new FB page called "Dragon Ball Super - As Estrelas". It's basically a page where he puts the entire cast and their characters.
With that out of the way, Rui de Sá is Roh. Which confirms that they're at least 78 episodes in.
Hopefully sooner or later we'll get to know who's Zamas(u).

Still no news about a date though.