Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:07 pm

diogoarez wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Good lord, sometimes I forget how DBS looked like crap before Universe Survival arc. The show really came a long way in the end.

I'm curious about Loy's Zamasu even though I'm 99% sure he will screw up.
Am I the only one that loved the animation in the Black arc? Like I know the TOP arc is much better in that regard but I still love the artstyle used in the Black arc
No, I like it too. And honestly, the ToP is not that much of an improvement.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 am

Well just checked and looks like we'll be getting two episodes on Saturdays (from 9am to 10am) and no episodes on Sundays
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Well just checked and looks like we'll be getting two episodes on Saturdays (from 9am to 10am) and no episodes on Sundays
Damn, I really hoped we would speed this up a bit but ok...Looks like SIC prefers to air an old series like ''Lua Vermelha'' instead :?

Goku98
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goku98 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Well just checked and looks like we'll be getting two episodes on Saturdays (from 9am to 10am) and no episodes on Sundays
2 episodes only in Saturday, isn't that bad.. same here in italy

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:35 pm

diogoarez wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Good lord, sometimes I forget how DBS looked like crap before Universe Survival arc. The show really came a long way in the end.

I'm curious about Loy's Zamasu even though I'm 99% sure he will screw up.
Am I the only one that loved the animation in the Black arc? Like I know the TOP arc is much better in that regard but I still love the artstyle used in the Black arc
More than anything, I like the direction. They really succeeded in give that dark atmosphere I think DBS desperately needed.
As for the animation/art, the show cleary still had a lot of problems behind the scenes and in order to have something awesome like episode 66, they had to sacrifice some episodes.

Sacrifice episodes in order to focus in more important ones is still something than happens in Universe Survival arc, but they finally achieved consistency and can at least make all the episodes look good overall.

I still like FT Trunks arc more than Universe Survival arc though. Just like video games, good graphics aren't everything.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 am

Just saw the episodes so here are my thoughts.
- They decided to go with Gowasu and Zamasu which is great since it gives no space for mispronouncing;
- Rui de Sá's Gowasu is just perfect;
- Loy's Zamasu is good? Is voice is different but the acting is there and could work very well;
- Now Vegeta scared me for a bit, at the beggining of the training he was a little bit into his dark side but at the end when he was motivating Trunks he was back on the right track;
- Goku is a bit rough but he was great on the NEP so it's just a matter of time until it's all back on track;
- There were some mistranslations like Planet 7 instead of Universe 7 and Dark Knight instead of Dark Warrior;
- Also... Son Go Ku will haunt this dub forever.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:34 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Just saw the episodes so here are my thoughts.
- They decided to go with Gowasu and Zamasu which is great since it gives no space for mispronouncing;
- Rui de Sá's Gowasu is just perfect;
- Loy's Zamasu is good? Is voice is different but the acting is there and could work very well;
- Now Vegeta scared me for a bit, at the beggining of the training he was a little bit into his dark side but at the end when he was motivating Trunks he was back on the right track;
- Goku is a bit rough but he was great on the NEP so it's just a matter of time until it's all back on track;
- There were some mistranslations like Planet 7 instead of Universe 7 and Dark Knight instead of Dark Warrior;
Loy's Zamasu really took me by surprise, like the voice is so different from Miki's but he did the character justice and I liked his acting, if he doesn't kid around later he might be an awesome Zamasu

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 pm

I'm not the dub's audience at all so I deem it as trash because it does nothing for me, I mostly watch it (when I do) to "re-watch" Super. The voices are mostly ok, nothing special at all (comparing them to the Japanese cast is laughable), the script can't be consistent for some reason and they seemingly don't care to have the appropriate tone in dialogue (the Gods aren't all chumps with eachother and Whis isn't the stereotypical flamboyant gay man).

This being said:

Zamasu isn't half bad but he sounds like Piccolo and this is just continuing the issue of "same voice syndrome" that will happen until the end since the cast is a handful of people and won't increase.

#18's "I heard rumors you killed me" made me facepalm. Did no one of the staff think about providing context? Or, actually translating the full sentence? It's not the worst offender for nonsense talk but I'm sure many casuals don't remember what happened and wouldn't understand the context.

Feist with that "singing" voice. Ok, no. His voice is great to hear but I don't like this, it's weird.

Oh, now they are "Supreme Gods"? :roll: Whatever, at least they aren't that "Kai" nonsense. I feel sorry for the casuals that have no idea what the fuck a "Supreme God" or a "Mega Warrior" is.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:15 pm

-Episode 53 and 54-

Rui's Gowasu is awesome.
Loy's Zamasu is better than I expected, but as I feared his voice is too deep for the character and I still don't think he was the right choice.

I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but after seeing Loy dubbing Zamasu professionally, i was surprised to see him back to his old self with Vegeta. His acting is the biggest joke...
Gafonso6 wrote: - There were some mistranslations like Planet 7 instead of Universe 7 and Dark Knight instead of Dark Warrior;
There's not quality control in this dub. They said "Cavaleiro Negro" like 7 times. How is that possible?! And this happens after months of hiatus where they had more than enough time to reread the scripts. Dragon Ball deserves the best, but somehow one of the worst studios of this country got DBS.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 53 and 54-

Rui's Gowasu is awesome.
Loy's Zamasu is better than I expected, but as I feared his voice is too deep for the character and I still don't think he was the right choice.

I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but after seeing Loy dubbing Zamasu professionally, i was surprised to see him back to his old self with Vegeta. His acting is the biggest joke...
Gafonso6 wrote: - There were some mistranslations like Planet 7 instead of Universe 7 and Dark Knight instead of Dark Warrior;
There's not quality control in this dub. They said "Cavaleiro Negro" like 7 times. How is that possible?! And this happens after months of hiatus where they had more than enough time to reread the scripts. Dragon Ball deserves the best, but somehow one of the worst studios of this country got DBS.
True...At least we got a low tier studio like Audio In and not some BS studio like PSB who only uses amateurs, if that was the case I would have jumped off a bridge :lol:

Audio In has done some great works but DBS is not one of them and its not even an acting problem, in fact our acting of the dub has been really good(The Best when it comes to Dragon Ball in Portugal), but it's plagued with so many technical problems and pure incompetences that I'm getting tired of it. I still support 112 Studios has the best studio in Portugal and I wish DBS had gone there but oh well...

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:14 am

Well, no Rosé for us. Just Rosa. However, on a brighter note, we got Grande Sacerdote with a nice voice (too deep though) and a hilarious Zenito.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 am

omegalucas wrote:Well, no Rosé for us. Just Rosa. However, on a brighter note, we got Grande Sacerdote with a nice voice (too deep though) and a hilarious Zenito.
Yeah, the Rosa part was dissapointing but I can live with that. But what the hell was up with the NEP for episode 56?! The script was all over the place and for some reason I think that it's Toei's fault because Audio-In makes mistakes but they don't change things like that.
Vegeta was back on track, thank God!
Loy's Zamasu keeps surprising me.
Was afraid we would get Gabriel as the Daishinkan but thankfully we got Quimbé.
Zenito was great and Rui de Sá nailed Zen-Oh.
And OH MY GOD Feist was just perfect as Black!

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:22 pm

The Spanish dub redeemed itself by using the proper terms and quality voice-acting whereas the Portuguese dub has stuck to the old 90's terms such as "Warrior" and "Songoku", plus the typical "jokes" that they still think it's funny. It's a shame, I had high hopes for the Portuguese dub to have been good this time around.

If the Portuguese dub had been handled by the same company that's doing the Spanish dub (LUK Internacional does dubs for Spain and Portugal) we'd have gotten a great, accurate dub but I digress. Most Portuguese fans are perfectly happy with how it is, anyway.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Pretty sure every dub fixed those mistakes but us, because NOSTALGIA GOGLEEEES
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:27 pm

I really liked today's episodes and their dub for the most part, too bad we got Rosa and not Rosé but it could have been worse so meh...

-Loy's Zamasu continues to surprise me and could soon become something truly great

- Henrique's Black was my favorite part of this arc's dub before the break and today it stole my heart again, Henrique truly shines as Black and the Rosé reveal was done in an awesome manner.

- I really liked Daishinkan's voice, Quimbé was the best choice, and Zenito was a great translation for Zen-Chan in my opinion

- Vegeta always scares me when an episode begins because I never know if João Loy ruined it or not but thankfully he didn't and it was great

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:59 pm

-Episode 55 and 56-

Two great episodes!

"Fecha a matraca!" I actually laughed with that one. :lol:
Loy performance as Zamasu keeps surprising me in a good way. The only thing that doesn't let me fully enjoy his work is that it sounds closely to Vegeta.
Daishinkan voice is deeper than I expected, but Quimbé was the right choice.
"Zenito" is a good choice too.

I really enjoyed Loy's Vegeta in episode 56. I liked how aggressive he was during the fight and he didn't say any stupid jokes.

Feist's Black is just <3 <3 <3
I was worried he would lose his registry with the hiatus, but he's totally killing it and his lines are perfect. :clap:

I'm glad they went with "Rosa" instead of "Rosé", because that's what makes sense.

- Black is not a God of Destruction, so the name doesn't need to be about alcohol. "Zamasu" doesn't come from an alcohol drink either.
- He named the form following the pattern Goku used to named SS Blue. Rosé is not a color.
- SS Rose is like a negative version of SS Blue.
- Symbolism. Goku Black - Black Rose which can mean death.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:The Spanish dub redeemed itself by using the proper terms and quality voice-acting
Are you sure? I'll give you that for the New Z Movies (BOG and Res F) but with Boing's handling of Super (if that bit about Hit being changed from a hitman to someone specifically known for "defeating" people, a change which might be kept in the uncut releases) the advantage might have been cancelled out, again making the Latino dub superior in at least one respect. Even though Portugal DBS has edits too, they're apparently not as severe as Boings, and i'm pretty sure its lacking the dialog edits Boing mandated for its broadcast and possibly also the uncut release of the EU Spanish dub.
omegalucas wrote:Pretty sure every dub fixed those mistakes but us, because NOSTALGIA GOGLEEEES
Italian Mediaset dub didn't fix its mistakes and changes (example: they still use Onda Energetica)
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:16 am

Danfun64 wrote:Are you sure? I'll give you that for the New Z Movies (BOG and Res F) but with Boing's handling of Super (if that bit about Hit being changed from a hitman to someone specifically known for "defeating" people, a change which might be kept in the uncut releases) the advantage might have been cancelled out, again making the Latino dub superior in at least one respect. Even though Portugal DBS has edits too, they're apparently not as severe as Boings, and i'm pretty sure its lacking the dialog edits Boing mandated for its broadcast and possibly also the uncut release of the EU Spanish dub.
The Boing (the channel "Boings" doesn't exist) edits are irrelevant to the dub because that's part of their TV edits and does not affect the home release or the dub itself.
EU Spanish dub
Almost puked reading this. It's Spanish of Spain, not the European Union's Spanish.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:Are you sure? I'll give you that for the New Z Movies (BOG and Res F) but with Boing's handling of Super (if that bit about Hit being changed from a hitman to someone specifically known for "defeating" people, a change which might be kept in the uncut releases) the advantage might have been cancelled out, again making the Latino dub superior in at least one respect. Even though Portugal DBS has edits too, they're apparently not as severe as Boings, and i'm pretty sure its lacking the dialog edits Boing mandated for its broadcast and possibly also the uncut release of the EU Spanish dub.
The Boing (the channel "Boings" doesn't exist) edits are irrelevant to the dub because that's part of their TV edits and does not affect the home release or the dub itself.
EU Spanish dub
Almost puked reading this. It's Spanish of Spain, not the European Union's Spanish.
I think he meant Boing's, the use of 's is meant as the possesive form. Meaning "the edits of Boing".

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Sure but it's a bit petty to attack the Spanish dub based on a channel edits alone. I always go for the uncut version of the dub so I don't get annoyed by Boing's weird practices.

P.S. I don't even think it's Boing's fault but the version the Spanish bought was already in that shape as I've read the French have these odd cuts too.