Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:49 pm

My fear is that the lack of love apparent in the Super dub from the production side ends up giving him the role for some reason...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:05 pm

We all knew this dub wasn't gonna be anything special from the moment that they didn't get Rogério Jacques for Yamcha despite him being Mamoru and Seiya.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Quebaz wrote:We all knew this dub wasn't gonna be anything special from the moment that they didn't get Rogério Jacques for Yamcha despite him being Mamoru and Seiya.
Nah, it was the moment I watched this series in japanese for the first time some years ago.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 pm

At least it keeps getting better and better and it' miles better than the (DB, Z and GT dubs) but there's always something holding it back, at first it was Loy, then it was/is Gabriel and now it's Audio-In that doesn't seem to give a single crap about it.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Speaking of comparisons, I find it unbelievable when some people say DBS Opening song is nothing when compared to DBZ Opening song.
If that come out nowadays, sub fans would set the studio on fire.

Nostalgia is a scary thing.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Even worst than that is when I see people saying the Z dub is better than the Super dub, even at the beggining everyone were miles better in terms of acting.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:36 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Speaking of comparisons, I find it unbelievable when some people say DBS Opening song is nothing when compared to DBZ Opening song.
If that come out nowadays, sub fans would set the studio on fire.

Nostalgia is a scary thing.
If we strictly go by Feist's performance, the Z opening was better. Though it had a lot of effects... I think the best version of that one is the one from Movie 12.
The music itself is a very different story.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Ratings

Episode 43
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 44
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 45
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 46
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 47
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 48
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 49
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 50
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 51
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 52
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Note: Episode 49 and 50 have the same air date in the image, but the ratings are different so I assume they fucked up that detail.
Despite both DBS and Lua Vermelha air a little later now, things didn't change much and crack the 200k barrier is harder than it was before.

I suspect it's because Inspector Max started airing on TVI in the same time slot. That show will easily give DBS and Lua vermelha a run for their money, but it's just on Saturdays.

At least we finally cracked the 200k barrier again with Episode 52.
Now the show will be on hiatus until Toei gives us more episodes. Hopefully considering it's Dragon Ball it won't take long.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Totally Off-Topic but is Inspetor Max a new season or just a rerun.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Totally Off-Topic but is Inspetor Max a new season or just a rerun.
Rerun in the morning and new episodes on afternoon, I think. It started some months ago.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:58 pm

OMG OMG OMG 200K! PARABENS!

...Did I say that right?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:OMG OMG OMG 200K! PARABENS!

...Did I say that right?
Yes you said that right. Parabéns to all of us!!!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:02 pm

...Did I say that right?
Parabéns* yeah you kinda did. :P
But we were already close to 300k before. There's no other "cartoon" show that gets these numbers around here.
Gafonso6 wrote: Yes you said that right. Parabéns to all of us!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: KO! Best tutorial of "How to say congratulations in portuguese" ever!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:

...Did I say that right?
Parabéns* yeah you kinda did. :P
But we were already close to 300k before. There's no other "cartoon" show that gets these numbers around here.
Well I don't know, Naruto Shippuden Season 10 is right around the corner now and if SIC desides to replace DBS with it Super may have a run for it's money.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Well I don't know, Naruto Shippuden Season 10 is right around the corner now and if SIC desides to replace DBS with it Super may have a run for it's money.
I doubt Naruto will see the light of the day in SIC anymore. It will most likely debut in SIC K, which doesn't have the viewership the main channel has.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:21 pm

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN IS ON ITS TENTH SEASON IN PORTUGAL!?

Meanwhile One Piece gets Squat! CRUSH NARUTO SHIPPUDEN DRAGON BALL SUPER! CRUSH IT HARD ZOMFG!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:NARUTO SHIPPUDEN IS ON ITS TENTH SEASON IN PORTUGAL!?

Meanwhile One Piece gets Squat! CRUSH NARUTO SHIPPUDEN DRAGON BALL SUPER! CRUSH IT HARD ZOMFG!
I should rephrase this Naruto is on it's tenth season. SIC isn't separating Naruto and Shippuden and is instead counting them as only one show, so Shippuden is just going to return from episode 268 onwards.
And yes One Piece gets Squat, because it's on Biggs, the same channel that cancelled Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 five episodes before it's end because people got mad they censored a lesbian kiss.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 pm

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGS!

Also how many episodes of One Piece have been dubbed?

I heard it was just the first 52.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGS!

Also how many episodes of One Piece have been dubbed?

I heard it was just the first 52.
One Piece had 195 episodes dubbed, but hey there's still hope, Biggs just started airing more anime than just Pokémon, Saint Seiya Omega is airing in it's entirety every week so I guess that channel hasn't given up on anime yet. The keyword being yet.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:53 pm

GO PORTUGAL! YOU CAN DO IT! SAVE ONE PIECE!

I know it seems pathetic that I grovel like this but I love One Piece and I HATE that it flopped harder than hard on Latin America and Brazil.