Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Well just finished seeing episode 26 and I have a couple of things to say:
- Feist was a bit stiff but once again I don't think it's totally his fault, it was more the person who as directing him since he can do better and he has on previous episodes;
- Whis is starting to irritate with all those cheap gay one liners, which really pisses me off because romeu Vala can do a great Whis but lately his just been being too gay;
- And of course Audio In screwing up AGAIN... JESUS! Why did Sic give this series to them, they never did anime before and it really shows, once again I wished they gave this to a studio that does anime more frequently, Buggin Media is a great example of a great studio that does great anime dubs, why couldn't they give DBS to them.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Ratings

Episode 17
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 18
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 19
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Epiode 20
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 21
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 22
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 23
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 24
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Seems like we may never hit the 300k mark, as long as they keep this time slot.
10:15 AM is still better than 9:45 AM at least.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Huh, seems like the RoF arc is ending, well folks, time to return, where could i watch it online?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:Huh, seems like the RoF arc is ending, well folks, time to return, where could i watch it online?
PM'ed you.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:35 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:Huh, seems like the RoF arc is ending, well folks, time to return, where could i watch it online?
PM'ed you.
It's not like it's illegal to watch the streams online. Why can't the OP just put link in the first post to it :/ I asked already...

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:35 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Ratings

Episode 17
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 18
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 19
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Epiode 20
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 21
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 22
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 23
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 24
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Seems like we may never hit the 300k mark, as long as they keep this time slot.
10:15 AM is still better than 9:45 AM at least.
I think you got episode 22's ratings wrong as they're the same date as episode 23. Anyway, thanks for posting these as I've been curious about them.

It seems Sundays have more people watching Super.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:10 pm

I just remembered I forgot to mention something about episode 26.
Just like in the japonese version Champa's voice also changed, it's still Quimbé doing the voice but it's different and a lot better in my opinion. It's really different from the japonese voice, but it's really great, he's doing the same voice he does for Giant in Doraemon and it really fits, loved his interactions with Beerus. Champa calling Beerus "Lingrinhas" (Skinny) and Beerus calling Champa "Badocha" (Fatso) just great and really funny. Can't wait for Christmas Day to see a full episode of those two interacting.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Can't wait for Christmas Day to see a full episode of those two interacting.
According to the TV Guides (both MEO and SIC's) SIC won't air Super this weekend.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Really, hope it's just a mistake.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:54 pm

alakazam^ wrote: I think you got episode 22's ratings wrong as they're the same date as episode 23. Anyway, thanks for posting these as I've been curious about them.
It seems Sundays have more people watching Super.
Ups, you're right. My bad!
I can'd edit my comment anymore, so here it is episode 22 rating:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:59 pm

I can't fathom how a bad rip-off of Twilight like Lua Vermelha happens to constantly get more audience than Super. And it is a re-run, goddamnit. Is it because of the time slot?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:17 pm

omegalucas wrote:I can't fathom how a bad rip-off of Twilight like Lua Vermelha happens to constantly get more audience than Super. And it is a re-run, goddamnit. Is it because of the time slot?
Besides the time slot, a lot of peoplw liked it when it first aired for some reason só of course they are going to Watch it again.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 pm

It probably also benefits from Super being its lead-in as people stick around to watch it. The pretty boys and pretty girls also help, of course.

Águia Vermelha also benefitted from the timeslot and Super airing first.

I think, all in all, Super is successful. It's the most watched cartoon and isn't that far behind the bulk of live action shows airing that day.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:10 am

They could also translate Goku Black to Goku Sombrio like in the PT-BR translation of Xenoverse 2.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:08 pm

omegalucas wrote:I can't fathom how a bad rip-off of Twilight like Lua Vermelha happens to constantly get more audience than Super. And it is a re-run, goddamnit. Is it because of the time slot?
Time slot is definitely the main reason. Super could reach much higher numbers if they changed the time slot to later.
Super will hit full force when Inevitably starts re airing on SIC Radical and SIC K. Maybe Panda Biggs will get it too.

For what it is, Super is doing great so far. Power Rangers ratings also increased when people started waiting for Super. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:02 am

Lua Vermelha catches a lot of audience because of it's time slot. It catches the ones who were seeing DBS and didn't change the channel, the teens that like pretty faces and the ones that just woke up and are having breakfast with SIC on.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:28 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
omegalucas wrote:Maybe Panda Biggs will get it too.
Not Biggs. I don't want it to be censored like Sailor Moon Crystal. Although it's a different kind.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:38 am

omegalucas wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
omegalucas wrote:Maybe Panda Biggs will get it too.
Not Biggs. I don't want it to be censored like Sailor Moon Crystal. Although it's a different kind.
Yeah not Biggs, Biggs has been censoring too much shit lately, I wish Sic Radical had an anime Block like Toonami. Maybe with they're new exclusive dub of Fairy Tail Season 3 is a sign that they'll Star to focus on the anime industry.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Super is seemingly premiering in SIC K on January 17th. Monday to Friday at 10PM. I wonder if it'll pass the weekly run on SIC (in like a month and a couple weeks) or if it will stop and repeat older episodes. That and if they'll remove the censorship from the first episodes.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:54 pm

omegalucas wrote:Super is seemingly premiering in SIC K on January 17th. Monday to Friday at 10PM. I wonder if it'll pass the weekly run on SIC (in like a month and a couple weeks) or if it will stop and repeat older episodes. That and if they'll remove the censorship from the first episodes.
Whoa, that's actually a bit late...