Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puto
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Puto » Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 am

Yeah, I ended up ordering it from Spain. It does indeed have Portuguese subtitles.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Hey guys, it seems that Biggs will show Sailor Moon Crystal UNCENSORED AFTER ALL!

http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/sailor-moon ... a-censura/
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:19 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Hey guys, it seems that Biggs will show Sailor Moon Crystal UNCENSORED AFTER ALL!

http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/sailor-moon ... a-censura/
Thank God!!! They're also starting a new anime only segment só right now I have 0,0001% hopes that we finally get Kai.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Alright after some months of silence the Dragon Ball Portugal FB page finally announced some things. Starting with the small news there's going to be another DB Portugal dinner so we can hope there'll be some news, but I doubt it.
Now the big news: The FB page now has a partnership with Bandai Namco and they're doing some giveaways. The best thing that can come out of this is that the games will come in portuguese. Hopefully the new Dragon Ball Fighters will have Feist, Spínola, Loy, Cristina, Romeu, Joana, Quimbé, not Gabriel (sorry he sucks so much he doesn't deserve this) and Rui de Sá doing their characters voices and maybe Paulo Espírito Santo to return as Cooler and Syn Shenron.
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Alright after some months of silence the Dragon Ball Portugal FB page finally announced some things. Starting with the small news there's going to be another DB Portugal dinner so we can hope there'll be some news, but I doubt it.
Now the big news: The FB page now has a partnership with Bandai Namco and they're doing some giveaways. The best thing that can come out of this is that the games will come in portuguese. Hopefully the new Dragon Ball Fighters will have the our voices has an option.
So, how many episodes have aired in Portugal?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:14 pm

sangofe wrote: So, how many episodes have aired in Portugal?
52 episodes. We're still waiting Toei starts distributing more batches of episodes. Hope it doesn't take too long.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Who's Gabriel?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Who's Gabriel?
He's Jaco. And it really pisses me off when he's not a good actor and is doing DB and I'm not when I can do this and this. Yes I'm jealous and it scares the crap out of me that he may be Zamas(u).

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
52 episodes. We're still waiting Toei starts distributing more batches of episodes. Hope it doesn't take too long.
France will be getting episodes past episode 52 in September, if that's an indication.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 pm

sangofe wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
France will be getting episodes past episode 52 in September, if that's an indication.
Really that's great news. If the first 52 episodes started airing first in Portugal than maybe that'll also happen with the rest. I really hope we get some news at the dinner.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: not Gabriel (sorry he sucks so much he doesn't deserve this)
I'm tired of him.
I give him all the credit for what he accomplished with the facebook page. I thought it would be just another normal page and good lord, they are coming far with partnership and stuff, but as a voice actor he sucks. There are so many professionals that are waiting for a job and this guy with 0 experience went past them, just because he's buddy buddy with our voice actors. It's ridiculous and a lack of respect for the other professionals

Everytime they talk about meetings and say "the voice actors will be there" like In Iberanime 2017 and Gabriel is the only one there or one of the two bugs me.

Mário Bomba once talked in a convention how youtuber Feromonas got a role to dub something and how much he sucked, because the guy was just there to attract the younger generation. In Gabriel case is even more offensive, because nobody cares about him and he also sucks for the job. No profit whatsoever for the product.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:47 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: not Gabriel (sorry he sucks so much he doesn't deserve this)
I'm tired of him.
I give him all the credit for what he accomplished with the facebook page. I thought it would be just another normal page and good lord, they are coming far with partnership and stuff, but as a voice actor he sucks. There are so many professionals that are waiting for a job and this guy with 0 experience went past them, just because he's buddy buddy with our voice actors. It's ridiculous and a lack of respect for the other professionals

Everytime they talk about meetings and say "the voice actors will be there" like In Iberanime 2017 and Gabriel is the only one there or one of the two bugs me.

Mário Bomba once talked in a convention how youtuber Feromonas got a role to dub something and how much he sucked, because the guy was just there to attract the younger generation. In Gabriel case is even more offensive, because nobody cares about him and he also sucks for the job. No profit whatsoever for the product.
You know what's the worst thing about this? Is that he knows. I don't know if you saw the video him and Loy did announcing the dinner but at one point Loy says "He's (Gabriel) a bad actor" and the face that Gabriel makes is the best thing I've ever seen. You can clearly see he knows he sucks and that he doesn't deserve that job. I really hope that is not going to be Zamas(u). Romeu Vala is a great choice but since new actors are a must I think that Simon Frankel is perfect for him, I've been watching Naruto Shippuden dubbed and he does a character named "Darui" and the voice he does he's a pretty good fit for Zamas(u), although I doubt he'll do it since is more of a Buggin Media actor than Audio-In.

EDIT: Just one thing. You said "he's buddy buddy with our voice actors", I think you meant "buddy buddy with one voice actor that completely ruined any chances of me re-watching the BoG arc from start to finish due to his stupidity".

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: You know what's the worst thing about this? Is that he knows. I don't know if you saw the video him and Loy did announcing the dinner but at one point Loy says "He's (Gabriel) a bad actor" and the face that Gabriel makes is the best thing I've ever seen.
I watched it now. Loy always does stuff like that, so I doubt he wasn't joking. Still it's hilarious how accurate he was.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Pardon my ignorance if this is not news at all, but it seems Toys 'R' Us are selling some Dragon Ball Super action figures. I don't know if these are available in other retail outlets, but I haven't seen Dragon Ball actions figures on sale in Portugal since the '90s.

I wonder why then haven't made any DVD releases yet, though. What a wasted opportunity.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:Pardon my ignorance if this is not news at all, but it seems Toys 'R' Us are selling some Dragon Ball Super action figures. I don't know if these are available in other retail outlets, but I haven't seen Dragon Ball actions figures on sale in Portugal since the '90s.

I wonder why then haven't made any DVD releases yet, though. What a wasted opportunity.
Great to know Toei's announcement wasn't in vain like the One Piece: Film Gold one.
Also they're probably still no DVD releases because of Toei Europe. Even France doesn't have them and they're usually the first ones to get them.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 am

BTW I was searching ToysRus website and found the DBS figures available in Portugal.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

There's only one figure from the Deluxe line (Beerus) but we'll probably get the rest later down the line.
I've got to ask. When was the last time so many DB toys were on sale in Portugal?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:10 am

Is Super still airing on Sic K? Because Sic Radical will begin airing it this Monday... I wonder it it's subtitled?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:21 am

alakazam^ wrote:Because Sic Radical will begin airing it this Monday... I wonder it it's subtitled?
Didn't know about that!
Doubt they will pull that card, since the dub is more popular and they have it. Kai was an exception because of that. I hope it's uncensored though.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:03 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:Because Sic Radical will begin airing it this Monday... I wonder it it's subtitled?
Didn't know about that!
Doubt they will pull that card, since the dub is more popular and they have it. Kai was an exception because of that. I hope it's uncensored though.
Doubt it. They didn't even correct the scene from the Copy Vegeta arc so I really doubt they'll do an uncensored version just for SIC Radical.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Doubt it. They didn't even correct the scene from the Copy Vegeta arc so I really doubt they'll do an uncensored version just for SIC Radical.
AH! Knew it!
I remember when people complained about those fails in Copy Vegeta arc on the facebook page, an admin replied saying that it would be fixed and I was like " Yeah right..."

I'm thankful for we having Super dubbed, but I sure don't miss Audio-In's incompetence. They hardly could have found a worse studio. It's a shame.