Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:26 am

So, episode 78 aired today and there's still no dubbed opening (but they said we'll have it next weekend so that's not a problem yet). There were also no additions to the cast and I can see why, only four new characters isn't a big enough scare for them to add anyone but I'm still hoping that at least Mário Bomba and Bárabara Lourenço show up. As for the new characters Roh is Rui de Sá, Sidra is Quimbé, Bergamo is João Loy, Lavender is Ricardo Spínola and Lavender is Romeu Vala not bad choices but I would prefer Feist as Bergamo, he as a good vocal range but they're not using it, maybe it's him saying no because he can understand when he isn't fit for a character (unlike Loy).

EDIT: We passed a 1000 posts here everyone! Congratulations to us who pass way too much time in here :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 12, 2018 4:29 am

Welp it happened again... At this point Audio In and their mistakes are a living meme

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat May 12, 2018 4:32 am

Also I heard Gabriel is Toppo. Just WHY?!
Wish we could have gotten 112Studios or Buggin Media, which are much more professional studios.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 am

omegalucas wrote:Also I heard Gabriel is Toppo. Just WHY?!
Wish we could have gotten 112Studios or Buggin Media, which are much more professional studios.
What? FFS...
112 Studios was my ideal choice but at this point I'd take any Studio in Lisbon(except PSB those are worse than Audio In)

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:55 am

NO GABRIEL IS NOT TOPPO! It sounds like him but it's Quimbé. We can all relax.
Also, I don't think that it's Audio In's fault that there's no opening. I bet it was translated but they never got the rights to record it and instead of saying that the FB page to seem professional said that it was the studios fault (throw the studio under the bus a come out on top is a great strategy for blind followers).
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 12, 2018 5:56 am

Gafonso6 wrote:NO GABRIEL IS NOT TOPPO! It sounds like him but it's Quimbé. We can all relax.
Also, I don't think that it's Audio In's fault that there's no opening. I bet it was translated but they never got the rights to record it and instead of saying that the FB page to seem professional said that it was the studios fault (throw the studio under the bus a come out on top is a great strategy for blind followers).
Just watched the episode and after a few replays you're right, thank god...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Romeu/Spinola/Loy are doing a good job as Trio de Dangers, but the voices all sound the same than other characters so it's not fun anymore. It's actually distracting.
The Opening is still in japanese, but the facebook page saying bullshit and Audio-In screw up is nothing new.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Romeu/Spinola/Loy are doing a good job as Trio de Dangers, but the voices all sound the same than other characters so it's not fun anymore. It's actually distracting.
The Opening is still in japanese, but the facebook page saying bullshit and Audio-In screw up is nothing new.
True, at this rate the TOP will be unbearable and almost unwatchable, they really need to hire people or else our version of the TOP will be terrible instead of the usual fun we get from the episodes

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sat May 19, 2018 4:48 am

Audio In finally followed through and aired the dubbed version of the second opening today (episode 81, I believe): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_duPEN2xHU# . Henrique Feist did a great job this time around, much better than the last opening.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 19, 2018 4:54 am

wjbraden wrote:Audio In finally followed through and aired the dubbed version of the second opening today (episode 81, I believe): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_duPEN2xHU# . Henrique Feist did a great job this time around, much better than the last opening.
Yup, I really liked it, but I felt the lyrics this time around weren't as sharp and while excellent in some parts in others they are kinda meh. Still an awesome job, especially compared to the first opening!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat May 19, 2018 4:59 am

I liked the opening a lot. Though the mixing could be better. Too much back vocals in some places, not enough in others.
My other nitpick is the "Vou poder voar" line is too long. Should have ended at the same spot as the Japanese line.

They changed Bergamo's voice, but it's so much better now (unfortunately, it's essentially Piccolo... we NEED new voice actors so badly). Also, I'm 100% sure now Quimbé is Toppo. I remember that voice from Yu-Gi-Oh.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 19, 2018 5:03 am

omegalucas wrote:I liked the opening a lot. Though the mixing could be better. Too much back vocals in some places, not enough in others.
My other nitpick is the "Vou poder voar" line is too long. Should have ended at the same spot as the Japanese line.

They changed Bergamo's voice, but it's so much better now (unfortunately, it's essentially Piccolo... we NEED new voice actors so badly). Also, I'm 100% sure now Quimbé is Toppo. I remember that voice from Yu-Gi-Oh.
Yup that's my problem with these lyrics is that they are too long in some spots and ruin the rythm a bit

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat May 19, 2018 5:07 am

diogoarez wrote:
omegalucas wrote:I liked the opening a lot. Though the mixing could be better. Too much back vocals in some places, not enough in others.

Yup that's my problem with these lyrics is that they are too long in some spots and ruin the rythm a bit
Limit Break x Survivor is a very difficult song. And Portuguese is a language that needs many words to make sense. I doubt they could do much better than this. Word wise that is.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 am

Dont worry! The Brazilian and Mexican dubs of the 2nd opening will definitely suck! So dont feel bad for your version.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 19, 2018 6:36 am

omegalucas wrote:
diogoarez wrote:

Limit Break x Survivor is a very difficult song. And Portuguese is a language that needs many words to make sense. I doubt they could do much better than this. Word wise that is.
Yeah I get that, it was just a nitpick of mine

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:48 am

I really liked our 2nd opening! The lyrics are very different than what I imagined but very good, it's a very good adaptation from the original. Feist sounded great and back-vocals actually make sense this time!
Here are the lyrics in Portuguese and translated if anyone wants to check them out:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 20, 2018 1:10 pm

SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS, the new Opening is a solid 10/10. :clap:
Great lyrics, great singing and no audio problems. I love it!!

This is the Henrique Feist I wanted to hear in the first one! What a fucking beast! Next year we send this to Eurovision. :lol:

Now they need to hire more voice actors.
Bergamo stop sounding like Vegeta to sound like Piccolo.
Toppo's voice is okay.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon May 21, 2018 5:18 pm

I saw the episodes 81 and 82, and about acting wise everything sounds okay, but I'm 100% sure that you guys need new actors with urgency. Belmond is dubbed by Ricardo Spínola and sounds almost exactly like Beerus, Joana Castro voices all the new female characters who appeared until now, and João Loy has a lot of new characters, like Bergamo and Ea. Also, Lavender's Ricardo Spínola sounds like a mix of his Frieza and Majin Buu's voices. Romeu Vala as Khai and Basil actually do both of them sounding like Krillin/Kyabe and Merged Zamasu, since he voices all these characters, but his range is not unlimited.

The only voices that sounded actually okay in therms of range and not sounding like other one are Toppo's and Roh's. But about the rest, you can hear them and say "yeah, its the same voice of another character who appeared before".

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun May 27, 2018 6:33 am

Yay, Bulma's daughter is called "Bula"... :problem: Hate it, is it that hard calling her "Bra"?

Also, didn't Kuririn already say "Taiyouken" once? If so, they reverted it to its dub name.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 pm

I think Audio In really should hire new actors, judging by some stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trauq9FJBZg

And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwp9QavD2Us