Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PTOldMan

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by PTOldMan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:25 am

Phew!... They actually changed Ribrianne's voice! Joana Castro is her voice actress, and actually did a great job, on par with her Japanese voice actress. Such a relief!
And they actually dropped all those references to Maria Leal. I'm glad someone at Áudio In had a change of mind and allowed Ribrianne to be a 'normal' character!

Whis's remarks were actually very funny. This is how these gags/'pérolas' should be done: some small comments smartly delivered on some key moments, and not in every line of dialogue like they used to do.

And next week 'Son Go Han' is returning :p I really don't understand this...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:47 am

Joana Castro is such a good female voice actress. Her Ribrianne is perfect!
No idea what was that before. Problem another amateur-ish fail from Audio-In.

By the way, we have the best dubbed Beerus and Whis. Spínola and Romeu just destroy the competition at this point.
Those two are the most important new characters from Dragon Ball and they just nailed them. :wink:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Looks like the dub is taking another break after episode 104 according to my box...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:59 pm

diogoarez wrote:Looks like the dub is taking another break after episode 104 according to my box...
Like expected. The next batch of the episodes will be the last and considering the last episodes were released in Japan a month ago it doesn't surprise me that we have to wait again. Let's just hope the wait won't be as long, which it probably won't be.

EDIT: Looks like it makes sense that the person doing the episode titles can't write the character's names, HE CAN'T EVEN WRITE PORTUGUESE! He wrote "Á velocidade da luz" instead of "À velocidade da luz". That's a mistake that not even 9 year old kids make because that's one of the first things they learn! Jesus...
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:47 pm

PTOldMan wrote:Phew!... They actually changed Ribrianne's voice! Joana Castro is her voice actress, and actually did a great job, on par with her Japanese voice actress. Such a relief!
And they actually dropped all those references to Maria Leal. I'm glad someone at Áudio In had a change of mind and allowed Ribrianne to be a 'normal' character!

Whis's remarks were actually very funny. This is how these gags/'pérolas' should be done: some small comments smartly delivered on some key moments, and not in every line of dialogue like they used to do.

And next week 'Son Go Han' is returning :p I really don't understand this...
FortuneSSJ wrote:Joana Castro is such a good female voice actress. Her Ribrianne is perfect!
No idea what was that before. Problem another amateur-ish fail from Audio-In.

By the way, we have the best dubbed Beerus and Whis. Spínola and Romeu just destroy the competition at this point.
Those two are the most important new characters from Dragon Ball and they just nailed them. :wink:
I am SO VERY Happy to Hear that they made the actress correction that was not working out! :)

Also I am even MORE Happy to hear that Fans seem to speak up in arms about this and were Upset that Ribrianne/Brianne was NOT being represented well by the former Voice Actress. It warms my heart to know that their are Fans out their that cared to see Ribrianne/Brianne to be Portrayed Well and Respectfully towards how her character should be!

Thank You PTOldMan and FortuneSSJ, Well Said on your opinions on the Changed Voice Actress! :)

Also, if this clip below IS of the New Lady and by the posters and description it is, then I can see WHY she Works So Well! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BupjCcSqzPg

I am Loving Brianne/Ribrianne's character A-NEW, ALL over again, Thanks Portugal! :thumbup:

Now I am looking forward to what they do with her English/Funimation Voice Actress! :)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:44 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:Also, if this clip below IS of the New Lady and by the posters and description it is, then I can see WHY she Works So Well! :D
Yep, that's her, alright.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:25 am

Episode 104 will air today at 12:24PM (or tomorrow if you want to be precise) on SIC K. Looks like they didn't plan airing episodes on SIC K that well. Nonetheless if you want to check the last episode before another break earlier you can.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Episode 104 will air today at 12:24PM (or tomorrow if you want to be precise) on SIC K. Looks like they didn't plan airing episodes on SIC K that well. Nonetheless if you want to check the last episode before another break earlier you can.
They were well planned, they just screwed it up when they aired the wrong episode the other week on the main SIC channel. If everything went according to plan, 104 would have aired last Sunday right?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:15 am

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Episode 104 will air today at 12:24PM (or tomorrow if you want to be precise) on SIC K. Looks like they didn't plan airing episodes on SIC K that well. Nonetheless if you want to check the last episode before another break earlier you can.
They were well planned, they just screwed it up when they aired the wrong episode the other week on the main SIC channel. If everything went according to plan, 104 would have aired last Sunday right?
Oh yeah you're right! Completely forgot about their mistake.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 am

alakazam^ wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Also, if this clip below IS of the New Lady and by the posters and description it is, then I can see WHY she Works So Well! :D
Yep, that's her, alright.
Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbup:

I enjoyed the style Joana Castro gives in her voice work of Brianne, she sounds both that of like Brianne should be, youthful, but one that also sounds mature and focused but she has a bubbly about her with all that is going on. :)

Also that laugh is the Best :mrgreen:, I am Really Proud of Portugal for the casting of Joana Castro as Brianne/Ribrianne and it seems Rozie/Su is Joana Castro too, Double Goodness! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:08 am

Ok WTF AUDIO IN??? This is what happens when you have no fucking director! Calling Super Saiyan God fucking Super Saiyan Rose... oh and missing lines a thing that's just been present in every episode of the ToP but until now they were patching the holes with other lines that "made sense" with the context... Audio In should have just said no when the actors asked for their liberty by having no director. A director is a vital part of a dub without a director stuff like this don't happen... I just wish Super had gone to Buggin Media, the job they're doing with Naruto Shippuden is just wonderful. Episode 104 is everything wrong and great about this dubbed, translation errors, missing lines and Loy doing characters that don't fit his voice, due to no director, mixed with good acting from the new cast and from the rest of the origina cast... Let's just hope that when the dub returns the erros won't be as prevalent...
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:11 am

FFS I give up, this was a disgrace... Buggin needs to take care of the future DB projects, I'm getting pissed of by Audio In and their shit. They have such a good cast and voices but they do such an amateur job I hope they never touch the series after the end of Super

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Quite an embarrassing dub this is, I must say. Dare I'd say even worse than the Dragon Ball Z which had a strange sense of consistency whereas this Super dub keeps on making mistake after mistake.

I loved the Portuguese dub of Dragon Ball - Movie 4: Path to Power and I consider that to be the best, in terms of PT dubs of DB content because it was actually accurate and Goku wasn't mindlessly and moronically always called "Songoku", plus he said Kamehame-ha! correctly instead of "Kameamea" or whatever shortened version they got used to on the PT dubs.

I guess it's a good thing Dragon Ball Kai wasn't dubbed.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Looks like Henrique Feist finally Snapped...https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5BF40DBF

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:39 pm

diogoarez wrote:Looks like Henrique Feist finally Snapped...https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5BF40DBF
That's sad. He's one of the strongest actors in the dub (suffering from no direction in some episodes) and since his husband is the best voice actor in the dub and one of the bests in the country I completely understand. Having no director probably puts a strougle on the actors that do that in theater for example since they have to do it alone without any help and they're not payed for that I could see why he would snap. It's really sad...

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm

The thing is, they don't have a director because they refused to have one. It was one of their demands back when they were negotiating with Audio In in 2016. They didn't want a director because they wanted the freedom to do as many jokes as they wanted.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:51 pm

omegalucas wrote:The thing is, they don't have a director because they refused to have one. It was one of their demands back when they were negotiating with Audio In in 2016. They didn't want a director because they wanted the freedom to do as many jokes as they wanted.
And the studio should've said no. The studio should've said "talk to the director in regards to your freedom but we need a director for every technical reason" having talked to the owner of Audio-In they're extremely critical of PSB, a dubbing studio that for some reason never hires directors, so something happened behind the scenes that made the dub have no directors, if I had to assume why it would be the lack of time the dub had due to SIC wanting to air the show as quick as possible. It's not normal to start airing a show just two weeks after the dubbing process has started, usually they only start when it's all done so the studio can have time to SURPRISE fix errors and redub things that need to be redubed.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm

diogoarez wrote:Looks like Henrique Feist finally Snapped...

What a load of nonsense. There's no japanese dub, it's the original language. Calling it "badly dubbed" is an oxymoron. To imply that preferring the original japanese audio (over what? The innacurate and badly paced portuguese dub?) requires a credible justification is just moronic.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:29 pm

I love you. More people should learn that the original is the original and NOT A DUB.

EDIT:Also can someone translate that? I get some of it but not all of it.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:42 pm

diogoarez wrote:Looks like Henrique Feist finally Snapped...https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5BF40DBF
What an asshole. He's admittedly the best of the cesspool Portuguese dub team and him saying this just makes things even worse.

The Japanese version is the original dub of the franchise as a whole, so yeah, it's the best iteration bar none. If he can't handle criticism then he should avoid the internet and focus on his job.

Even Schemmel hasn't behaved this badly on the internetz.
Luso Saiyan wrote:What a load of nonsense. There's no japanese dub, it's the original language. Calling it "badly dubbed" is an oxymoron. To imply that preferring the original japanese audio (over what? The innacurate and badly paced portuguese dub?) requires a credible justification is just moronic.
The Japanese is the original language of Dragon Ball as a whole but let's not forget that it's a dub too. TOEI animation dubbed the series and movies in Japanese, thus, it's the original dub. Well, "original" of sorts considering actors and actresses pass away and are replaced by others.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I love you. More people should learn that the original is the original and NOT A DUB.

EDIT:Also can someone translate that? I get some of it but not all of it.
My response to you is the same I gave to Luso Saiyan.