Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:10 pm

FT Trunks farewell still gives me the feels!

Overall, Feist did a great job.
I really love our Goku Black! Merged Zamasu, FT Mai and Gowasu are great too!

Daishinkan's voice is too deep, but Quimbé is good.
Loy's Zamasu is definitely the black sheep in this arc. His performance wasn't bad. I'm actually surprised how he barely said any stupid joke, but it's obvious he wasn't the right choice for the role. No idea what they were thinking.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:FT Trunks farewell still gives me the feels!

Overall, Feist did a great job.
I really love our Goku Black! Merged Zamasu, FT Mai and Gowasu are great too!

Daishinkan's voice is too deep, but Quimbé is good.
Loy's Zamasu is definitely the black sheep in this arc. His performance wasn't bad. I'm actually surprised how he barely said any stupid joke, but it's obvious he wasn't the right choice for the role. No idea what they were thinking.
Feist, Vala, Joana and Rui were awesome as those four :clap:

On other hand, Loy's Zamasu...I didn't like it.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:55 pm

I loved those 4, Loy's Zamasu was rough but I kinda grew to like it, although as soon as Romeu took over as Merged Zamasu I witnessed true greatness, simply perfect, shame we'll never see him as normal Zamasu :(

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:02 am

I've got to say I loved this two episodes.
Episode 69:
- Cristina was great as Arale, no idea why they replaced her with Henrique for Chaozu;
- Loy played Dr. Senbei Norimaki and unlike what happened with Zamasu he was the perfect casting;
-The translation was also on point. They didn't dub the Arale opening but all the N-chan, hoyo, bye-chan (translated as Adeus-chan), every trademark expression from Arale and the Gatchans were left untouched.
-The worst part was Feist as Goku for the first half, he sounded stiff and showed little emotion, but when the screams started he returned to form ( the same thing happened on episode 70).
Episode 70:
- Just wonderful in every way;
- The translarion was also really good;
- Quimbé was perfect as Champa and so was everybody else as their characters;
- This episode also has the best line exclusive to our dub. When Goku pitches the slow ball and Goten and Trunks start chasing a fly, while in the original they just say "Come back!" here Trunks says "Look a fly! Let's kill it!" and that for some reason just cracked me up.
- The only downside here is that Tó Semedo didn't play Yamcha, Romeu's great but I always felt that Yamcha Tó Semedos's best performance and it sucks that he never got to do this episodes.
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:06 am

I also found these episodes to be really good. Probably some of the best translation/adaptation work in the series. Hope they keep the good work.
My only complaint is the way Beerus was pronouncing Champa (he said Sampa).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:28 am

Will they hire more actors for the new characters? Because I can't see only Joana Castro and Cristina Cavalinhos (the only two female members currently in the cast) doing all the female characters that will appear in the new episodes, like Vikal, Kaulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, Helles and the others.
Also, it would be very weird if they would cast the same guys who already did all the male characters to do the new ones too; if they'll do that, I can see they using Rui de Sá to dubs both Jiren and Toppo, and maybe Ricardo Spínola or Henrique Feist as Dyspo.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Will they hire more actors for the new characters? Because I can't see only Joana Castro and Cristina Cavalinhos (the only two female members currently in the cast) doing all the female characters that will appear in the new episodes, like Vikal, Kaulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, Helles and the others.
Also, it would be very weird if they would cast the same guys who already did all the male characters to do the new ones too; if they'll do that, I can see they using Rui de Sá to dubs both Jiren and Toppo, and maybe Ricardo Spínola or Henrique Feist as Dyspo.
They need to but I don't know anymore. I can see them hiring at least two more (Bárbara Lourenço and Mário Bomba). If these two are hired I can see them getting a lot of characters since they both have a big vocal range and I can perfectly imagine Bomba as Dyspo and Bárbara as Kale (since she's the voice of Hinata). And in regards to the cast that we already have I can bet on Rui as Toppo (it's just perfect for him) and Cristina needs to be Brianne (She's been Sailor Mars and Sailor Pluto since the 90's and reprised those roles on SMC so it just needs to happen). Gabriel will also probably do background voices, he's been doing those types of voices in the recent SoL episodes and has been doing a good job so I can see him playing some of the background characters.

At least next weekend the ToP finally "starts" so we'll get to hear the new opening very soon. My bet is that it's going to be Spínola with Loy as the backing vocals (just like it was on GT).
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:[quote="SaintEvolution"}
At least next weekend the ToP finally "starts" so we'll get to hear the new opening very soon. My bet is that it's going to be Spínola with Loy as the backing vocals (just like it was on GT).
Isn't it 2 weekends from now?
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:[quote="SaintEvolution"}
Isn't it 2 weekends from now?
This weekend the last two SoL episodes air so the ToP arc starts next weekend.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:This weekend the last two SoL episodes air so the ToP arc starts next weekend.
Haven't they been airing one episode per week for last two?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:This weekend the last two SoL episodes air so the ToP arc starts next weekend.
Haven't they been airing one episode per week for last two?
Nope, SIC just went back to airing one episode on Saturdays and another one on Sundays instead of two episodes every Saturday.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Will they hire more actors for the new characters? Because I can't see only Joana Castro and Cristina Cavalinhos (the only two female members currently in the cast) doing all the female characters that will appear in the new episodes, like Vikal, Kaulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, Helles and the others.
They need to but I don't know anymore. I can see them hiring at least two more (Bárbara Lourenço and Mário Bomba). If these two are hired I can see them getting a lot of characters since they both have a big vocal range and I can perfectly imagine Bomba as Dyspo and Bárbara as Kale (since she's the voice of Hinata). And in regards to the cast that we already have I can bet on Rui as Toppo (it's just perfect for him) and Cristina needs to be Brianne (She's been Sailor Mars and Sailor Pluto since the 90's and reprised those roles on SMC so it just needs to happen). Gabriel will also probably do background voices, he's been doing those types of voices in the recent SoL episodes and has been doing a good job so I can see him playing some of the background characters.

Well, would not be a bad thing if Cristina dubs Ribrianne? Because she has a lot of interaction with 18, and 18 is already voiced by Cristina. It would be one character more suffering of the "same voice syndrome".

I think hiring two more female actresses and one or two more male actors would be a good thing for the european portuguese dub. ToP has really a lot of new characters and with only the same 9 current actors the situation can became much worse later, even worse than it was with João Loy voicing Zamasu.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:30 am

Well next week starts the TOP, the last few episodes have been really good but I'm getting a little scared by the minute to see what they'll do, they really need to hire new people especially women and maybe one more man.

I still keep my wishlist, let's hope at least one of these names is called:
- Ana Vieira(Kale and extras)
- Bárbara Lourenço(Caulifla and extras)
- Mário Bomba
- Peter Michael

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Did they hired a new translator? Looks like somehow the quality improved! Arale's episode is the one that surprised me the most. Really really good!!
And they are finally writing the characters name right. Thank God! It's not like we're in 2018 or anything. :lol:

Loy knock it out of the park as Dr. Senbei Norimaki and Romeu was an entertaining Barry Kahn.
Cristina's Arale and Joana's Cocoa were okay-

Universe Survival arc kicks off next week. I hope for a good opening song and a better job in the audio department than they did in the first opening.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat May 05, 2018 5:26 am

Apparently they didn't dub the second opening. It was in Japanese in today's airing.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 am

Welp looks like Limit Break X Survivor wasn't dubbed...I really hope it was a mistake or else it really shows that Portuguese Anime Openings are dying, in the last 7 years or so they started to stop doing them as much as before and right now they are really rare, I hoped that if Dragon Ball continued the trend the studios would try to invest and do them again, but with this now I think it's safe to say Portuguese Openings in anime are ''dying'' and we might see them disappear for good :(

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:41 am

I was really dissapointed that the opening wasn't dubbed but it was already explained by the DB Facebook page that someone made a mistake and because of that we'll only get to see our version of the second opening next weekend.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat May 05, 2018 12:26 pm

How was the dub for the new characters who appears in the 77 and 78th episodes? Who dubbed them?

Spínola is still voicing Majin Boo?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:01 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:How was the dub for the new characters who appears in the 77 and 78th episodes? Who dubbed them?

Spínola is still voicing Majin Boo?
Episode 78 hasn't aired yet so we'll have to wait 'till tomorrow. The only voiced confirmed for a new character is Rui de Sá as Roh, the others are still unkown. And yes Spínola is almost certainly still playing Boo.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat May 05, 2018 1:27 pm

TV Ratings:

17/03 - Episode 65 and 66
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

24/03 - Episode 67 and 68
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

07/04 - Episode 69 and 70
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

-From here on, episodes went back to Saturday and Sunday format, instead of airing both episodes on Saturday-

14/04 - Episode 71
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

15/04 - Episode 72
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

21/04 - Episode 73
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

22/04 - Episode 74
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

28/04 - Episode 75
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

29/04 - Episode 76
Not found.