Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Tian » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:21 am

SaintEvolution wrote:So, can SIC and Audio In still hire new actors, or will they use the same 9 people to do all the characters?
Unfortunately, the second one.

According to some guy in Youtube, one of his friends who went to an Audio In workshop told him that the studio didn't want to "libertar verbas" to hire more voice actors.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:25 am

What the heck does "Libertar Verbas" mean? Normally Portuguese is similar to Spanish but now I cant tell!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:What the heck does "Libertar Verbas" mean? Normally Portuguese is similar to Spanish but now I cant tell!
"Libertar verbas" means using money but that sounds like bullshit. Audio In doesn't use their money, they use the money given to them by SIC as a budget for the dub. If more actors are needed the director can ask SIC for more but there's no director so... Yeah second one. That youtube guy eitheir confused stuff or was just making things up
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am

Thing is, they wouldn't need to. I'm sure a lot of fans (the ones that go to the workshops for example) wouldn't mind at all to be on the show for free on one-off characters...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:29 am

omegalucas wrote:Thing is, they wouldn't need to. I'm sure a lot of fans (the ones that go to the workshops for example) wouldn't mind at all to be on the show for free on one-off characters...
But it still comes down to needing a director. If there's nobody there to make this type of really smart decisions they won't be made. A director is the leader of the dub, the captain that saves the ship from sinking but thanks to Loy wanting his "liberty" there's no one at the helm to control this stuff.
If the movie gets dubbed here (and the chances are not that low) I hope it goes to another studio (and it probably will). I like Audio In and the staff are great people but they've said yes too many times. I just hope that if they change the studio we'll get an 100% faithful dub with the same cast from Super and obviously more people, a lot more.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:What the heck does "Libertar Verbas" mean? Normally Portuguese is similar to Spanish but now I cant tell!
Release funds.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 am

Asked 20th Century Fox Portugal on Facebook if they had plans to release the Super movie in cinemas here in Portugal.
Neste momento não temos essa estreia agendada, mas ainda pode acontecer. Vai seguindo a nossa página onde anunciamos todas as nossas estreias.
Cumprimentos
20th Century Fox Portugal
As of now we don't have that movie on schedule, but a release might still happen. Please keep checking our page where we announce all of our releases.
Best regards
It's true that it's still relatively early, but this wasn't a reassuring answer, unfortunately.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:25 am

omegalucas wrote:Asked 20th Century Fox Portugal on Facebook if they had plans to release the Super movie in cinemas here in Portugal.
Neste momento não temos essa estreia agendada, mas ainda pode acontecer. Vai seguindo a nossa página onde anunciamos todas as nossas estreias.
Cumprimentos
As of now we don't have that movie on schedule, but a release might still happen. Please keep checking our page where we announce all of our releases.
Best regards
It's true that it's still relatively early, but this wasn't a reassuring answer, unfortunately.
The "Might still happen" gives me hope. It's still too early to get an answer because unfortunately Toei Europe is the slowest branch of Toei. It's good to start pressuring 20th Century Fox Portugal now but real pressure needs to start when France announces something regarding the movie. Honestly it makes no sense that we don't get the movie in theaters, with BoG and RoF it made sense because recent DBZ products were being ignored here (Kai only being aired once subbed) but now it makes zero sense that the FIRST country to air Super in Europe to not have the movie in theaters especially when Toei is making such a big deal of getting the movie in the largest amount of theaters possible. I actually have hope that we'll get it even if not dubbed (wouldn't be the best thing but I would accept it) but until Toei Europe gives 20th Century Fox total freedom to start announcing the movie it's impossible to know.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 am

I was thinking about asking again later down the line, just didn't know when.
I'll ask them again whenever France, Italy, Spain or Germany announce anything.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 am

Sooo... looks like episode 67 aired today instead of 99. That's really weird and I think it was a mistake since in the tv guide it said that it was episode 99 and not 67. Let's see what happen tomorrow but nonetheless it's really weird if they start reairing stuff from 67.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Sooo... looks like episode 67 aired today instead of 99. That's really weird and I think it was a mistake since in the tv guide it said that it was episode 99 and not 67. Let's see what happen tomorrow but nonetheless it's really weird if they start reairing stuff from 67.
The whole schedule was out of whack for some reason.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:00 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Sooo... looks like episode 67 aired today instead of 99. That's really weird and I think it was a mistake since in the tv guide it said that it was episode 99 and not 67. Let's see what happen tomorrow but nonetheless it's really weird if they start reairing stuff from 67.
The whole schedule was out of whack for some reason.
Yeah definitely a mistake from SIC's part. Let's hope tomorrow it's all back to normal and they don't skip 99.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Did episode 99 air today?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Tian wrote:Did episode 99 air today?
Yeah, definitely a mistake from SIC.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Well France is getting the movie by the end of this year. No idea if it's dubbed or subbed but it's already a sign that Toei Europe is starting to make deals. Let's hope that when toei europe starts to release trailers we'll get lucky

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Well France is getting the movie by the end of this year. No idea if it's dubbed or subbed but it's already a sign that Toei Europe is starting to make deals. Let's hope that when toei europe starts to release trailers we'll get lucky
Subbed for sure.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:18 am

So is it just me or was Gabriel replaced? Because I'm 100% sure Kahseral today didn't have his voice, and the same with Magetta, and I'm 90% sure it wasnt' Romeu. I think they replaced Gabriel by another actor but didn't change the credits. In 99 the voice for Shosa was a voice I've never heard before in our dub but it's a voice that I've heard in other cartoons. Nonetheless Kahseral's no voice is great and if it means a more diversed cast with actual actors instead of a guy who knows the original cast I'm all for it.

Also, Joana has been killing it as Caulifla and Kale, especially Kale. Jiren is Quimbé and I like it. Different from what I expected but with that voice I'm expecting a pretty great finale.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 am

Gafonso6 wrote:So is it just me or was Gabriel replaced? Because I'm 100% sure Kahseral today didn't have his voice, and the same with Magetta, and I'm 90% sure it wasnt' Romeu. I think they replaced Gabriel by another actor but didn't change the credits. In 99 the voice for Shosa was a voice I've never heard before in our dub but it's a voice that I've heard in other cartoons. Nonetheless Kahseral's no voice is great and if it means a more diversed cast with actual actors instead of a guy who knows the original cast I'm all for it.

Also, Joana has been killing it as Caulifla and Kale, especially Kale. Jiren is Quimbé and I like it. Different from what I expected but with that voice I'm expecting a pretty great finale.
I don't know if it was changed but I noticed something different for sure. Maybe they finally got rid of him?
Caulifla is still the only voice of those I don't like, Kale tho is amazing!

PTOldMan

Post by PTOldMan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:21 pm

I'm kind of afraid of next Saturday's episode. I hope they have forgotten that horrible voice they gave Ribrianne on her debut.
That voice will never be capable of handling Ribrianne's scenes, and it will make every episode in which she is in unbearable.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:55 am

Joana is really killing it as Kale!!
Once again, episode 100 had everything to be cringy with her berserker form, but she did great. I'm impressed by how good she has been. If she can do a good job in episode 93 and 100, then she can do the rest.

Her performance as Caulifla though is not that great, but the voice fits even if it seems she still has trouble to find the right tone sometimes.

She calling "velhadas" to Goku cracked me up. :lol:
The personality is spot on, at least!

For some reason Belmod started to be voiced by Loy instead of Spínola and I don't really like that. Spinola is a much better voice actor and I already lost count how many Gods Loy is dubbing.

I like Quimbé's Jiren. It's not the best voice, but he will pull it off. Loy's Dyspo is the only Pride Trooper I don't like.

As far as main villains/antagonist goes the only one that was disappointing was Loy's Zamasu. It should've been Romeu from the beginning. His Merged Zamasu is really good. I knew he was the right choice for the role. Truly a shame he didn't do the rest.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.