Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:03 am

omegalucas wrote:No way they're over episode 50. Loy posted a video from Audio In's studio last Monday that had a still of Hit with a red overlay on the background monitor. That's from the SSB Kaioken scenes, ergo episode 39 or 40.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0223126948
I know, but it could happen if they go to the studio more than one day per week. Or maybe they weren't talking about all the actors, just some like Rui de Sá who barely has any lines besides the Narrator.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:42 pm

Well looks like Cristina Cavalinhos is getting a new character. According to Wikipedia she'll be the voice of Zeno. I wonder hom she'll feel when she discovers she's dubbing a monster.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Hope that's correct, she was my #1 choice for Zen'o. Though those Wikipedia edits have been mostly right, except for Kibito (it said originally Spínola but Sá was the VA instead).

Hope she knows she'll be voicing TWO of said monster :lol:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:58 pm

omegalucas wrote:Hope that's correct, she was my #1 choice for Zen'o. Though those Wikipedia edits have been mostly right, except for Kibito (it said originally Spínola but Sá was the VA instead).

Hope she knows she'll be voicing TWO of said monster :lol:
I'm going to ask Gabriel Gonçalves Zeno destroying Future Trunks' Timeline.
I wonder how she and Quimbé will do as Zeno and Hit.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Zen'o will probably be her Chaozu/Marron voice I guess.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:02 pm

omegalucas wrote:Zen'o will probably be her Chaozu/Marron voice I guess.
Yeah probably. And Hit will probably have Champa's voice from episode 18.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:07 pm

I'm okay with Champa arc voices so far, but the only problem is how Loy's new characters are starting to sound the same. They need more people.

Quimbé needs to decide which voice he will do for Champa already.

When I read we may not have new voice actors coming, Cristina was also my top choice for Zeno. Curious to see how she will deliver.

If we don't get new voice actors for the next arc, I can see Loy doing Gowasu and for Zamasu, I would pick Romeu. But I hope they bring more people to the cast.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Agree 100%. I sent an email to Audio In saying that a few days ago. i also said that they should return to using Kaioshin instead of Deus Supremo, or at least call him Kai Supremo.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Please don't have Kai Supremo. The last thing we need is FUNimation dubisms ending up here.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Puto wrote:Please don't have Kai Supremo. The last thing we need is FUNimation dubisms ending up here.
This. I'm fine with Deus Supremo. They've been using it to refer to the Kaioshins since the beginning (they used Kaioshin as Old Kaioshin's actual name, kinda like Kaibe)

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:11 am

Episode 33:
-Vegeta was a rollercoaster, he was awesome when he was kicking Forst's ass, then started telling joke's and having "voice cracks" when he started fighting Magetta (but it was only for a short time) and then he was back to being awesome.
-Spínola kicked ass has Beerus and Quimbé has Champa was also great;
-Feist keeps giving a great Goku;
-and Frost was great.
-Now for the important part. Hit is okay. He's voice appears to have the same problem the English voice has, it sounds too young, but it was only one line tht was delivered so I'll wait to see if it gets better.

I would also like to post this link to an interview to Henrique Feist about Goku and dubs, it's a pretty by the books Dragon Ball interview but it shows Feist recording Goku so here it is.
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:18 am

On that video, Feist was recording a preview for the battle with Hit. The preview for 39, to be specific. Aka the Kaioken episode.

Hit uses Quimbé's natural voice. While it makes him too young indeed, it may help with vocal performance and emotion, so I'm okay with it.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:31 am

omegalucas wrote: Hit uses Quimbé's natural voice. While it makes him too young indeed, it may help with vocal performance and emotion, so I'm okay with it.
Yeah maybe.
But changing the subject tomorrow we'll find out what's the name of the Final Flash in Portuguese for the first time. I wonder if they go the Brazilian route or if they'll give it a literal translation and call it "Flash Final", or maybe they could even
just call it by it's original name.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:49 am

I'm calling it. It's gonna be "Ataque Final". Which by the way is the way they translated "Final Shine Attack" back on GT.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:15 pm

omegalucas wrote:I'm calling it. It's gonna be "Ataque Final". Which by the way is the way they translated "Final Shine Attack" back on GT.
But they also used "Raio Fulminante" later when he was against 1 Star Dragon so we'll see. If "Ataque Final" is indeed used I'm gonna be so but so disappointed.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:46 am

"Golpe Final". Close enough.
Loy's voice was a bit annoying today though. Also we're officially going with Cabba according to the preview.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:59 am

omegalucas wrote:"Golpe Final". Close enough.
Loy's voice was a bit annoying today though. Also we're officially going with Cabba according to the preview.
What kind of annoying? I haven't seen it yet.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 am

The screeching voice he had in the beginning of Super. Though it was mainly when the bareer was up. It's his "exhausted" voice.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:32 am

Also, his screams weren't anything to write home about. I'm not even gonna talk about Whis :lol: I guess we're stuck with him hitting on his students. I dread to think about what fabulous dialogues he'll have with the other female angels...

Cabba's voice seems nice, is that Romeu Vala? He has good range, a very welcomed addition to the cast.

Am I the only one thinking Goku's way of speaking is weird? Feist makes him sound like he's always singing a song or something.

Anyone knows how much the audience has liked Super so far?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:32 am

Just saw the episode and Yeah it wasn't the best episode for anyone, Vegeta was okay at best and the same goes for everybody else. Although that's not an annoying Vegeta, when Vegeta turns Ssj for the first time is the prime example of Loy doing an annoying Vegeta.
alakazam^ wrote: Anyone knows how much the audience has liked Super so far?
Most people seem to be liking and no one complains about the animation. Though some people are thinking Super will stop airing because of the new Time slot.