Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:44 pm

So episodes 51 and 52 were good, Future Trunks was only good when he was fighting Black on episode 51 but he was great on episode 52 Vegeta was really good.
According with episode 53 preview our dub is going to go with Zamas and I'm ok with it. Not that it matters because Super's having a break and there's no date for a return yet but I bet it's going to be a month/month and a half tops. It really sucks that they decide to stop the seasons right before important moments, the 1st season ends right before Vegeta kicks the hell out of Freeza and now the 2nd season ends right before we hear Zamas. I just hope SIC hurries up and gets the new contract done with Toei and who knows maybe they'll do a simulcast contract with them. Probably not but who knows?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:16 pm

- Episode 51 and 52-

Nothing much to say. So far, so good.

Feist is on-fire. Loy is being professional. No stupid jokes ruining the mood.
I'm not fully satisfied with Son Goku "Negro" instead of "Black", "Mortals" instead of "Humans" and "Zamas" instead of "Zamasu", but they aren't deal-breakers.

The translation of DBS script overall has been really good. Some fails here and there, but nothing big.

Today I was on the bus and two mothers were talking how their sons wake up early to watch Dragon Ball Super. Always puts a smile on my face when I hear stuff like these.
Long Live to this franchise!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:20 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:- Episode 51 and 52-

Nothing much to say. So far, so good.

Feist is on-fire. Loy is being professional. No stupid jokes ruining the mood.
I'm not fully satisfied with Son Goku "Negro" instead of "Black", "Mortals" instead of "Humans" and "Zamas" instead of "Zamasu", but they aren't deal-breakers.

The translation of DBS script overall has been really good. Some fails here and there, but nothing big.

Today I was on the bus and two mothers were talking how their sons wake up early to watch Dragon Ball Super. Always puts a smile on my face when I hear stuff like these.
Long Live to this franchise!
But isn't "Mortals" the best translation for "Ningen", both work but doesn't that make more sense?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: But isn't "Mortals" the best translation for "Ningen", both work but doesn't that make more sense?
We always called them Humans in our dub, if I remember correctly.

I'm using the moment when Kibito took Gohan to Kaioshin's planet as reference. 100% sure they refer him as "Human" there and I never had problem with that.

When talking about a specific race, each one has its own term. For Bulma/Krillin/etc... we use "Earthlings" (Terrestres), for Piccolo's race "Namekians" (Nameks/Namekianos in Super) and so on.

My problem with "Mortal" is that leads me to think that Gods in Dragon Ball are "Immortal" when they aren't.
And since I alway treated everyone that isn't a God as "Humans" and I don't like to fix what isn't broken, I stick with that.

In the end, it comes down to each one's preferences.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:38 am

Gafonso6 wrote:But isn't "Mortals" the best translation for "Ningen", both work but doesn't that make more sense?
It is. Humans in this context doesn't work since it's not the intent.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:08 am

OK so the break is really official now. SIC confirmed it to me through e-mail and the """"official"""" Facebook page also confirmed it. So this sucks but it was obviously coming, I just hope SIC doesn't do whit Super what it does with other animes (taking 1 to 2 years to buy more episodes) but since this is the first anime in years that goes to the prime channel and it's Dragon Ball I hope it doesn't take too mu~ch time for the dub to return. But thinking about it I realised this could be good, Audio In once answered to me that Sic is the one who tells the studio how many actors there can be in a dub so maybe with this new contract more actors will join the dub and that would be really good because Super won't hold with the industry standarts with just 8 acotrs and an amateur that does background characters.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am

You're right, for the next batch they'll make Gabriel one of the main stays, in fact he'll be Zamasu's VA. :lol:

I'll be going to Audio In this weekend to attend one of their workshops, I'll try to get some cool facts and info about the dub like last time.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:56 am

Quebaz wrote:You're right, for the next batch they'll make Gabriel one of the main stays, in fact he'll be Zamasu's VA. :lol:
Please no. For the love of Dende, NO!
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:57 am

Quebaz wrote:You're right, for the next batch they'll make Gabriel one of the main stays, in fact he'll be Zamasu's VA. :lol:

I'll be going to Audio In this weekend to attend one of their workshops, I'll try to get some cool facts and info about the dub like last time.
Don't even joke about that! Also if yo're going to Audio In try to find the person that writes "Son Go Ku" and tell him for the love of God that it's "Son Goku".

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:

Don't even joke about that! Also if yo're going to Audio In try to find the person that writes "Son Go Ku" and tell him for the love of God that it's "Son Goku".
And explain to them how to pronounce Zamas(u)! It's pronounced Zámáss.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:01 pm

omegalucas wrote:
But... HE IS DENDE.
Gafonso6 wrote:
I doubt any of Super's staff will be there (specially the translators no less) but if the subject comes up I'll pass it on to the owner.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Quebaz wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
But... HE IS DENDE.
Gafonso6 wrote:
I doubt any of Super's staff will be there (specially the translators no less) but if the subject comes up I'll pass it on to the owner.
But that's not the traslators fault, it's the editor and if Audio In's workshop is anything like other dubbing studios workshops atleast a part of the technical crew should be there.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Quebaz wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
But... HE IS DENDE.

Didn't do that one on purpose xD
Give me ZÁMÁSS!!!!!!!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Maybe the break will give the director some time to do some research. At times like this I would actually like that the director was Rui de Sá, from the dubs I've seen where he was a director everything seemed fine, and since he actually sends fans friend requests I think it would be quite easy to tell him things like this.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Quebaz wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
But... HE IS DENDE.
Gafonso6 wrote:
But that's not the traslators fault, it's the editor and if Audio In's workshop is anything like other dubbing studios workshops atleast a part of the technical crew should be there.
Just a hunch, back in November it was the owner who served as the sound technician (and someone else on sunday to serve as the sound technician, can't recall his name) and Maria João Miguel as the director, I'm assuming it will be the same this time.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:25 pm

If the owner is there you should probably give feedback to him, he's probably the one who told Loy to calm down since he was the one comparing Loy to Herman José and all, so if is there you should give him the feedback about the Super dub.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:If the owner is there you should probably give feedback to him, he's probably the one who told Loy to calm down since he was the one comparing Loy to Herman José and all, so if is there you should give him the feedback about the Super dub.
I know it first hand that it was him :lol:. But everything has a time and a place, last time the subject was brought up because we started talking about which languages they normally receive their shows and one thing led to another and we ended up "badmouthing" Loy and talking about the dub. My purpose of being there isn't to correct them about the dub so unless the subject goes there again I may not even touch it.
Last edited by Quebaz on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:If the owner is there you should probably give feedback to him, he's probably the one who told Loy to calm down since he was the one comparing Loy to Herman José and all, so if is there you should give him the feedback about the Super dub.
I know it first hand that it was him :lol:. But everything has a time and a place, last time the subject was brought up because we started talking about which languages they normally receive their shows and one thing left to another and we ended up "badmouthing" Loy and talking about the dub. My purpose of being there isn't to correct them about the dub so unless the subject goes there again I may not even touch it.
Who didn't badmouth Loy then? :lol: But yeah if there's no entry for the subject don't even mention it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if Gabriel turned out to be Zamasu's voice actor. He joked on his facebook page for people to vote for him in that contest the facebook page did for fans to pick up the voice actor for Zamasu.

Loy said he doesn't want it because he already does enough characters. Good, I don't want him either.

I think they are playing with fire with all this teasing. Sub fans won't show any mercy if that backfires.

On the bright side as far as new characters go, I'm really proud of our Beerus, Whis, Champa, Vados and Goku Black.
As for the others there's no one I think it's terrible, they are all satisfactory at the least, but they all could be better.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 pm

No he can't be Zamasu!!! No one in their right mind would pick such an horrible "actor" to play him, he should be used for background characters and only that, besides he doesn't even have a voice that's suited for Zamasu, he's just so bland even when talking normally. He only received 15 votes out of the almost 300 votes and there's a reason behind that. Vala's the best choice I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more, and if not him give to Spínola.