Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:48 pm

They didnt dub them. They RECORDED THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME. Its. NOT. A. Dub.

But this is the last time I say this to you. I dont want to argue needlessly. I'm glad you do have respect for the Japanese version though.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Here's what he said, in my own words:

Folks, while I'm the dubber of the Dragon Ball series there's something I can't hold in anymore - I'm sick and tired of reading that the Japanese version is the best!!! I respect all opinions, but only if they actually are genuine and credible. Or instead, ya'll are watching a show that I don't know or that you know nothing of, or barely anything. Do you lot have any idea how much time we've spent dubbing because of the SHIT of the Japanese version? Have you realized how badly dubbed it is? Have you realized that many times the sentences don't even sync with the characters' mouths? Have you realized that plenty times the script is tiny and the toy still continues to open and close his mouth without anything to say? But, oh well.

If you understood and then still say that it's the best... Stay with the Japs as you wish while I'll stick to my Portuguese dubbing buddies whom have some value in their work.

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:They didnt dub them. They RECORDED THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME. Its. NOT. A. Dub.
It's the original language but technically at the same time it's a dub, the original, the authentic, the genuine, the first one. There really is nothing wrong calling it a dub as long as it's given the respect and distinction it deserves.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:But this is the last time I say this to you. I dont want to argue needlessly.
There's nothing to argue about.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I'm glad you do have respect for the Japanese version though.
Ah, thanks. That's mighty nice of ya.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:59 pm

If I had any respect for Henrique Feist its almost gone now. Almost.

And I'm glad you think I'm nice. If its not sarcasm. LOL
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:00 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:The Japanese is the original language of Dragon Ball as a whole but let's not forget that it's a dub too. TOEI animation dubbed the series and movies in Japanese, thus, it's the original dub.
No. A dub, by definition, is an audio track done in a different language from the original. The original, in the case of Dragon Ball, is japanese. You dub into or over something. The original language is not dubbing over anything.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:17 am

Guys, you're discussing semantics. I don't think Feist was using the term "Japanese dub" in a negative way, there's just a tendency sometimes to use "dub" to refer to anything related to voice acting in animation, be it the original version or not. But that's all I'll defend of Feist's post. He was extremely entitled, rude and there's a severe lack of modesty on his words. He was one of the actors in the dub I had the most consideration for. He's fallen worse than Loy, unfortunately.

EDIT: And he's also part of the "Goku shouldn't be voiced by a woman" club. He's melting down more than Schemmel... :crazy:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 am

Yeah I can't defend him after that, criticize the fact that the sync is off? Fine, for a dub actor that is annoying. Syaing that japanese is worse because Goku's has a woman's voice sorry but now you're just being an asshole.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:43 am

His answers are also being incredibly rude and entitled. I admit José's post (the one Feist was replying to with that awful Nozawa comment) was a bit "angrily" written but it was still respectful and had valid points, and Feist didn't even try to address them! He just scoffed!
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:55 am

omegalucas wrote:His answers are also being incredibly rude and entitled. I admit José's post (the one Feist was replying to with that awful Nozawa comment) was a bit "angrily" written but it was still respectful and had valid points, and Feist didn't even try to address them! He just scoffed!
Yeah, he's just being an asshole, even worse than Loy, because Loy atleast respects the japanese cast and other dubs, Feist for some reason is being an entitled fuck that thinks his version is better 'cause reasons. I still love his Goku and his work but I'm losing a lot of respect that I had for him. I really hope that Spínola doesn't think the same way, that would kill me.
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Yeah, he's just being an asshole, even worse than Loy, because Loy atleast respects the japanese cast and other dubs, Feist for some reason is being an entitled fuck that thinks he's version is better 'cause reasons. I still love his Goku and his work but I'm losing a lot of respect that I had for him. I really hope that Spínola doesn't think the same way, that would kill me.
We'll probably never know Spínola's take on this, because he seems to be the most reserved actor of the cast. And I'm fine with that.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:14 pm

omegalucas wrote:His answers are also being incredibly rude and entitled. I admit José's post (the one Feist was replying to with that awful Nozawa comment) was a bit "angrily" written but it was still respectful and had valid points, and Feist didn't even try to address them! He just scoffed!
José is actually our own jrdemr.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Well he deleted the comment and people are starting to send him messages about this attacking him.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Well he deleted the comment and people are starting to send him messages about this attacking him.
The comments are still there. Though the Kami Sama Explorer page has made a post about this and some trolls are invading the page posting "VEGETA, OLHA BEEEM!!!!". And people are defending Feist saying that what he meant was that the Japanese language is shit and makes the dubbing process hard. Yeah, right...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:50 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Well he deleted the comment and people are starting to send him messages about this attacking him.
The comments are still there. Though the Kami Sama Explorer page has made a post about this and some trolls are invading the page posting "VEGETA, OLHA BEEEM!!!!". And people are defending Feist saying that what he meant was that the Japanese language is shit and makes the dubbing process hard. Yeah, right...
My bad, guess they just weren't showing up for me, there's no excusing what he said about Nozawa.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:07 am

Damn this has been an all out Civil War...
And looks like the rumors I heard a few weeks ago were true and Gabriel was fired.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:32 am

diogoarez wrote:Damn this has been an all out Civil War...
And looks like the rumors I heard a few weeks ago were true and Gabriel was fired.
Yeah, I was pretty sure about that. Strange that the credits weren't changed though.

This entire Feist thing is cooling down and even though what he said about Nozawa can't be excused he was live on SIC doing a morning show that is hosted by SIC's director and he did call SIC out on constantly changing the hours the show airs.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am

I think my favorite argument is the guy that says people who prefer the Japanese version are all pirates who were watching the show with shoddy fan subs. Because the series wasn't available with official subs for free and legally for ONE YEAR AND A HALF on Daisuki...
"You're just revealing that you are commiting crimes when you criticize the Portuguese dub". Like, what?!?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 am

omegalucas wrote:I think my favorite argument is the guy that says people who prefer the Japanese version are all pirates who were watching the show with shoddy fan subs. Because the series wasn't available with official subs for free and legally for ONE YEAR AND A HALF on Daisuki...
"You're just revealing that you are commiting crimes when you criticize the Portuguese dub". Like, what?!?
Thank god we're having another break because that page is returning to being unbearable. If they hadn't tried to go the populist way and make SIC the devil and instead chose the logical path and say that due to licensing we were going into another break this probably wouldn't have happened.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:45 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Thank god we're having another break because that page is returning to being unbearable. If they hadn't tried to go the populist way and make SIC the devil and instead chose the logical path and say that due to licensing we were going into another break this probably wouldn't have happened.
I agree. SIC's handling of the show is hardly free of fault, I mean their scheduling (time-slot wise) of Super is atrocious but the hiatus isn't likely to be their fault.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:04 am

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: Thank god we're having another break because that page is returning to being unbearable. If they hadn't tried to go the populist way and make SIC the devil and instead chose the logical path and say that due to licensing we were going into another break this probably wouldn't have happened.
I agree. SIC's handling of the show is hardly free of fault, I mean their scheduling (time-slot wise) of Super is atrocious but the hiatus isn't likely to be their fault.
Exactly, time-slots? Blame SIC, technical problems? Blame the studio, licensing? Blame Toei and give SIC props because we've allways been the first country in Europe and third in the world to air episodes, besides Japan obviously.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:46 am

I'm not up to date with everything that was said but I'm extremely disappointed by how ignorant Feist has shown himself to be. Not that it actually surprises me since, in past interviews, they always said Dragon Ball was a success because of their adlibs. How out of touch can he be when our dub is known for easily being one of the worst? I'm not even going to address the Nozawa stuff since he couldn't have said a dumber thing had he tried. So much for my (little) respect for him...

Dear Feist, please stop obsessing over the mouthflaps and focus on telling a coherent story. I have no idea what sync issues he is talking about since I don't remember there being any but how can he complain about anything if NO ONE noticed the "Super Guerreiro Rosa" mistake? That one's fucking basic. Oh well, at the end of the day, Dragon Ball is just a random cartoon for him so it's better not to expect any kind of attachment on his part besides stroking his ego.

Oh, Gabriel was fired? I wonder why that is and his opinion on it.