Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:16 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote: Now, what we really need for this is Paulo Espírito Santo, who voiced both Paragus and Broly in the old films (not sure if he voiced his Legendary form I'm Movie 8 as I never could identify that specific voice, but he voiced the base form).
Actually Broly's voice in M8 is Victor Rocha, it took me some time to figure it out with a lot of people thinking it was Spínola but his voice, and his screams especially his death scream clearly screams, pun intended, Victor Rocha to me.
Paulo Espírito Santo is a great Paragus, his Broly in M10 is basically just his Paragus voice and although it works for a sadisctic evil Broly I'm sure it wouldn't for this new Broly. I would love to have him return for Paragus though.
I'm sorry, but this voice sounds exactly like Ricardo Spínola to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUsVC9t593c
But everything else from Broly sounds nothing like him, especially the death scream.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Broly sounds like PES when he's introduced to Vegeta only. After Goku shows up it's a totally different voice, who might be Rocha. Maybe Monchique but Monchique doesn't voice anybody else in the movie I think, while Rocha voices Piccolo...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: Actually Broly's voice in M8 is Victor Rocha, it took me some time to figure it out with a lot of people thinking it was Spínola but his voice, and his screams especially his death scream clearly screams, pun intended, Victor Rocha to me.
Paulo Espírito Santo is a great Paragus, his Broly in M10 is basically just his Paragus voice and although it works for a sadisctic evil Broly I'm sure it wouldn't for this new Broly. I would love to have him return for Paragus though.
I'm sorry, but this voice sounds exactly like Ricardo Spínola to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUsVC9t593c
But everything else from Broly sounds nothing like him, especially the death scream.
I remember to see some pieces of the 8th movie dubbed into european portuguese, and most of his talking reminds me of Tenshinhan and Beerus voices, who are dubbed by Ricardo as well.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:23 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
I remember to see some pieces of the 8th movie dubbed into european portuguese, and most of his talking reminds me of Tenshinhan and Beerus voices, who are dubbed by Ricardo as well.
I did think the same thing once, but it isn't Ricardo. It's a different actor using a similar kind of voice. Think like a different actor trying to do Tenshinhan or Beerus.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:09 am

https://www.facebook.com/40304375970821 ... 711718238/

Wonder if he's referring to a Portuguese distribution company or to the Twitter fanpage the post's image comes from.

EDIT: Looking at the previous post from Dragon Blog he might ve indeed talking about a distribution company.

https://www.facebook.com/18507312214367 ... 800840606/

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:11 am

omegalucas wrote:https://www.facebook.com/40304375970821 ... 711718238/

Wonder if he's referring to a Portuguese distribution company or to the Twitter fanpage the post's image comes from.

EDIT: Looking at the previous post from Dragon Blog he might ve indeed talking about a distribution company.

He clearly knows something. Loy also teased a fan in a response to a comment on his FB page asking if they would dub the movie answering "Who knows if he won't?" Instead of the normal "I want to" response he always gives.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:13 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:https://www.facebook.com/40304375970821 ... 711718238/

He clearly knows something. Loy also teased a fan in a response to a comment on his FB page asking if they would dub the movie answering "Who knows if he won't?" Instead of the normal "I want to" response he always gives.
I asked who confirmed that and he said Toei. We already knew that before from Jump Festa. Why did they only believe this might be real when one of those random Instagram fanpages posted it is beyond me...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:29 am

omegalucas wrote:
I asked who confirmed that and he said Toei. We already knew that before from Jump Festa. Why did they only believe this might be real when one of those random Instagram fanpages posted it is beyond me...
In his defence he may have misunderstood your question, thinking you were asking about the map and not something else.

Either way the timing between this and the deleted post is either the biggest coincidence ever in our community or they know something and with all that's been happening I'm sure we'll get more news before the year ends or on the first week of January. I'm just really hoping that we also get subbed screenings because I want to see it dubbed and subbed on the big screen.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:06 am

No news yet... I'm getting scared tbh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 am

diogoarez wrote:No news yet... I'm getting scared tbh.
I wouldn't. We know it's coming and unlike what happened with One Piece Film Gold, when the only proof was imdb which is always wrong about anime films coming to Portugal (the same happened with Pokémon: I Choose You), this time we have actual confirmation from the parent company. Where not the only european country in this situation Benelux are in the exact same situation. We just have to wait, France is getting the movie in March but they still have no marketing it was just announced because of the Gogeta teaser by Bandai. We don't know when it's coming (probably March) and marketing is one hell of a bitch with all the trailers and posters you have to receive and translate. Relax, there's nothing to worry about.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:45 pm

SO... No news yet and although there's been a confirmation it's coming I would prefer there was none of that because the wait is killing and since I'm getting impatient I did some """"detective"""" work. It's not Outsider Films distributing the movie here (that lowers the chances of us getting a physical release to a minimum), I sent them a PM and they said the movie is being distributed by 20th Century Fox here in Portugal, don't know if it's because of so many messages they got telling them it was so or if after OmegaLucas explained them what the messages meant they actually tried to get the movie and discovered it is being distributed by 20th Century Fox ence by Big Picture Films. If it is indeed Big Picture distributing it would make sense because they haven't posted anything for two weeks and last time they spent so much time doing this was because they were getting the marketing ready for a new movie. My prediction is that if everything goes well in the following weeks they will start marketing the movie with a March date (hoping for late February but it's probably March with dubbing the movie and all). Too bad it's not Outsider, I would love a physical release...

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 am

Gafonso6 wrote:I would love a physical release...
Last time Portugal released home media content of Dragon Ball's franchise was like 10 years ago, they've not even bothered to release any of the original series (DB/Z/GT) on DVD nor a complete set of the movies/specials on DVD, as well. Don't forget that Dragon Ball Kai aired subbed on SIC Radical but then disappeared. Would be cool to see DBK on BD/DVD in PT.

Now there's Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, Super series and the Super: Broly movie but is any of this going to get a physical release? Extremely unlikely. They can't even produce a quality dub. Maybe, maybe Selecta Vision should open a branch in Portugal but if the sales were to prove unsuccessful, it would be a complete waste of money so it's no wonder there are no BD/DVD media of Dragon Ball being published.

I'd honestly love for Path to Power to get an official DVD or Blu-ray release in Portugal with that surprisingly damn good dub it received but guess that ain't happening.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:49 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:I would love a physical release...
Last time Portugal released home media content of Dragon Ball's franchise was like 10 years ago, they've not even bothered to release any of the original series (DB/Z/GT) on DVD nor a complete set of the movies/specials on DVD, as well. Don't forget that Dragon Ball Kai aired subbed on SIC Radical but then disappeared. Would be cool to see DBK on BD/DVD in PT.

Now there's Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, Super series and the Super: Broly movie but is any of this going to get a physical release? Extremely unlikely. They can't even produce a quality dub. Maybe, maybe Selecta Vision should open a branch in Portugal but if the sales were to prove unsuccessful, it would be a complete waste of money so it's no wonder there are no BD/DVD media of Dragon Ball being published.

I'd honestly love for Path to Power to get an official DVD or Blu-ray release in Portugal with that surprisingly damn good dub it received but guess that ain't happening.
It was indeed around 10 years ago, but a different product we all try to forget existed. Yes, we may never have gotten a physical release of the series, BoG or RoF, but we got... *shudders* Dragon Ball Evolution. Blu-Ray, no less.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:04 am

Gafonso6 wrote:SO... No news yet and although there's been a confirmation it's coming I would prefer there was none of that because the wait is killing and since I'm getting impatient I did some """"detective"""" work. It's not Outsider Films distributing the movie here (that lowers the chances of us getting a physical release to a minimum), I sent them a PM and they said the movie is being distributed by 20th Century Fox here in Portugal, don't know if it's because of so many messages they got telling them it was so or if after OmegaLucas explained them what the messages meant they actually tried to get the movie and discovered it is being distributed by 20th Century Fox ence by Big Picture Films. If it is indeed Big Picture distributing it would make sense because they haven't posted anything for two weeks and last time they spent so much time doing this was because they were getting the marketing ready for a new movie. My prediction is that if everything goes well in the following weeks they will start marketing the movie with a March date (hoping for late February but it's probably March with dubbing the movie and all). Too bad it's not Outsider, I would love a physical release...
Really hope we get the confirmation at least until the end of the month

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:44 pm

Alright guys more news! My patience is running very low so I decided to go ask UCI Cinemas if they were interested on distributing the movie (because of this video) and the answers were very positive.
I asked them if they had any intentions of distributing the movie and here is their answer.
I also asked them if they could tell me who the distributor was but the person that handles their social media said she didn't know but she will try to know who it is. Fingers crossed we actually get an aswer. News are coming! I can feel it.
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:52 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Alright guys more news! My patience is running very low so I decided to go ask UCI Cinemas if they were interested on distributing the movie (because of this video and the answers were very positive.
I asked them if they had any intentions of distributing the movie and here is their answer.
I also asked them if they could tell me who the distributor was but the person that handles their social media said she didn't know but she will try to know who it is. Fingers crossed we actually get an aswer. News are coming! I can feel it.
The image link isn't working.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:00 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Alright guys more news! My patience is running very low so I decided to go ask UCI Cinemas if they were interested on distributing the movie (because of this video and the answers were very positive.
Fixed. Thanks for warning me about that.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:16 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
Also, that IS a bloody confirmation. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
All we need for this release to be perfect is subbed and dubbed screenings.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:29 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: Fixed. Thanks for warning me about that.
All we need for this release to be perfect is subbed and dubbed screenings.
That and a large scale release. Not just a couple cinemas in Lisbon.