Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:17 am

I'm actually surprised by how Joana is doing a much better Kale than Caulifla.

I was expecting her performance when Kale is in her berserker form to be cringy, but it's actually good.
I'm not liking her Caulifla. Seems like she has trouble in finding the right tone most of the time.

Ribrianne is just embarrassing. Not emotion at all.
Feels like the "voice actor" was sleepy when recorded that. Whoever did that should be embarrassed.

Seems like they started using filters for some characters.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:44 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Seems like they started using filters for some characters.
Really?! Where? Besides the entire Ribrianne fiasco I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

PTOldMan

Post by PTOldMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:41 pm

They also changed Baba's voice, right? I think Joana Castro did Baba's voice during that Krillin arc, and now Cristina Cavalinhos was voicing Baba.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: Seems like they started using filters for some characters.
Really?! Where? Besides the entire Ribrianne fiasco I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
In episode 91 Trio de Dangers voices seemed to have filters, Zeno speaks more like a robot now and Quitela may have it too.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:29 am

Zen-oh is the only character I'm sure uses a filter. A bloody ugly filter, I must add.
Why is this dub so bloody inconsistent???
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:44 am

omegalucas wrote: Why is this dub so bloody inconsistent???
No director.

Zen-Oh is the only one and maybe Ribrianne (hopefully they change her voice). The rest don't have any filters it's just them naturally changing their voices.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:16 am

Another weird thing happened in this dub.
In episode 96 when the three GoDs are figithing, Universe 12 kaioshin instead of asking Geene if he isn't going to fight, he says "Preparado, preparado, preparado." That's right, the same word three times. :roll:

I already noticed the voice actors are repeating some of their lines in this arc. Seems like there's some problems with the script and voice actors are improvising in order to match the character mouth flaps. Not the first time they do this, but this time they are doing a bad job in overcoming that.

Can't say much about Jiren's voice with just one word. He seems to sound different from everyone else, at least.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:16 am

The voices were spot-on today. Spínola finally hit Freeza right... I shivered.
Jiren sounds like Quimbé's voice. Not the tone I'd give him, Quimbé can hit much deeper/lower tones.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:24 am

Spínola's Freeza was a bit off on 94 and 95 but today he was just perfect, the scene between Frost and Freeza was just perfect. Vegeta was also really great, Loy should always give Vegeta that lower pitch it makes him sound more Vegeta like. Jiren's hard to figure out who is doing his voice. I think it's Rui de Sá but I'm not sure, we'll have to wait two weeks to hear him again.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:27 am

Spinola's Freeza was mostly off even during the Ressurection F arc, though he was even worse than that on 94 and 95. Not today. Today he gave me full Z vibes.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:21 am

Between episodes 95 and 96 there was a few months break in the dub and it really shows. Not only was Caulifla finally decent but Spinola's Frieza was amazing and the best it has been in 20 years. Toppo was also slightly different and I still like it, too bad the script is still suffering a bit and I really need to hear more Jiren because it sounded a bit off imo.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 am

How are the audience numbers these days? (And do you have a link showing them?) I'm trying to gather all this kind of information here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42329

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:18 am

sangofe wrote:How are the audience numbers these days? (And do you have a link showing them?) I'm trying to gather all this kind of information here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42329
Just posted a graph I made on the previous page:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:
sangofe wrote:How are the audience numbers these days? (And do you have a link showing them?) I'm trying to gather all this kind of information here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42329
Just posted a graph I made on the previous page:

That's a huge decline. Do you have the graph in bigger resolution? Edit: Do you have sources for the ratings? I need sources for everything I put in my document.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

The decline is 100% SIC's fault. First they wait forever to bring the show back after episode 52, and people start losing interest, and then when they finally air it again, they put it on the worst possible timeslot. It's ridiculous.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 am

sangofe wrote:That's a huge decline. Do you have the graph in bigger resolution? Edit: Do you have sources for the ratings? I need sources for everything I put in my document.
https://s5.postimg.cc/jfjpf2nmd/dbs_pt_graph.png

The source is GfK/CAEM. A well known market/ratings research company.

Portuguese sites/forums like zapping-tv.com post daily ratings, you need to register to see them. But I have an Excel file where I've been keeping track of the ratings.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 am

sangofe wrote:Do you have sources for the ratings? I need sources for everything I put in my document.
If you search for "ratings" in this thread you can see the individual ratings we have been posting and where they come from. They mainly come from ATelevisão and ZappingTV's forums.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks, both of you. I wonder, are DBZ ratings possible to get?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:27 pm

sangofe wrote:Thanks, both of you. I wonder, are DBZ ratings possible to get?
Doubt it. Those are all on SIC archives and probably impossible to get. They were probably huge seeing how much SIC aired it. If you're lucky maybe somebody has the ratings for some of the most recent reairings.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 pm

So, can SIC and Audio In still hire new actors, or will they use the same 9 people to do all the characters?

For what I saw, Quimbé is voicing both Jiren and Toppo, and he already was dubbing Daishinkan, Hit, Champa and some other characters too.