Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Yeah it really sucks you guys are being screwed over on Super. BTW since you were curious to hear our Black, what do you think about it?
I like it a lot! Sounds really good! Was a bit worried since Nozawa did such a phenomenal job that the international dubs of Black wouldn't be as good but so far so good.

I think the only other dub of Black so far is the Taiwan/Chinese one? I haven't heard that one yet.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: Yeah it really sucks you guys are being screwed over on Super. BTW since you were curious to hear our Black, what do you think about it?
I like it a lot! Sounds really good! Was a bit worried since Nozawa did such a phenomenal job that the international dubs of Black wouldn't be as good but so far so good.

I think the only other dub of Black so far is the Taiwan/Chinese one? I haven't heard that one yet.
There's also the Hebrew dub, but we'll probably never hear these two versions. Besides thes there's only Sean Schemmel's Black but since apparently that's not the final voice there are only 3 Black dub voices.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

There was a Youtube Channel that was uploading clips of the mandarin dub of The Final Chapters(Buu Kai), but it was striked by copyright. I don't know if some taiwanese guy will return to Youtube to upload some videos like that of Super.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:55 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:Now THIS is a video I would have never thought I would ever see. But good to know somoeone is showing our Z dub to the world saying they like it.
And Loy commented on it :lol:
His comment pulled the trigger and now the portuguese fans took over the comment section. I don't think MasakoX was expecting that. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Why not? Its a video for the Portuguese dub?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Why not? Its a video for the Portuguese dub?
That's true, but getting the acknowledgement of an official voice actor in these stuff is always surprising. :D
Despite his questionable performance as Vegeta in Super, João Loy is still by far the voice actor that interacts the most with the fanbase around here.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Yeah, Joao Loy sure is awesome when it comes to fan interaction...but I meant why shouldnt there be Portuguese fans on the video, with or without him. But sure enough, I still swallow my words when I see 29 COMMENTS after Loy's. LOL.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:32 pm

João Loy is really the one that interacts most with fans here in Portugal and now with his Youtube channel he's even interacting even more with the fandom.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:47 am

Goddamnit, can't they be consistent? In today's scenes from last episode, Trunks yelled Masenko. It's like they don't even try... And that Son Go Ku that keeps showing up. ._.

The rest of the episode was nice, and they did throw us a bone with using Black in one line (like they did once or twice with Golden Freeza a few dozen episodes ago). Feist wasn't on his best days with his Trunks voices though.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:56 am

Yeah it's pretty annoying, it makes me think that they want to be consistent but can't because of the Casual fans that will throw a tantrum if they did that. Anyway the episode was ok, Feist wasn't at his best with Future Trunks but aftet rewatching a few episodes of the Z dub I can say it's a lot better now.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:46 am

So episode 50 was great. Future Trunks was a lot better now, if Feist keeps is performances like this is goinna nail every last one of them. The rest of the cast were great as usual but props for Loy's Vegeta, he was great especially when he said to Trunks to never give up.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:57 am

Feist laughed really well but they made an unnecessary mistake that kinda screwed up Black's mystery.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:00 am

alakazam^ wrote:Feist laughed really well but they made an unnecessary mistake that kinda screwed up Black's mystery.
What was the mistake?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:02 am

Gafonso6 wrote:What was the mistake?
He told the audience his body was Goku's instead of being vague.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:05 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:What was the mistake?
He told the audience his body was Goku's instead of being vague.
I wonder if that's a mistake the studio made or it was already on the script they got?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:12 am

Gafonso6 wrote:I wonder if that's a mistake the studio made or it was already on the script they got?
I don't even want to go there :lol: either way, they should double-check.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:19 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:I wonder if that's a mistake the studio made or it was already on the script they got?
I don't even want to go there :lol: either way, they should double-check.
If there's anything we've learned from this dub is that Audio-In never double-checks.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:29 pm

-Episode 49 and 50-

So proud of our Black. Feist is amazing!! <3 :D
His FT Trunks was also much better and for the first time they used "Masenko".

I have to say Loy's Vegeta was incredible too.

Looks like they will stick with Guerreiro Negro/Black Warrior for Black. Not a deal breaker. But I do wonder if Audio-In will ever stop writing "Son Go Ku", seriously WTF?!

We hit the 50 episodes milestone! :clap:

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:38 am

There was one episode where they wrote Son-Goku... I think that might've been the same one that had "Frezzer", not sure.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:25 am

Puto wrote:There was one episode where they wrote Son-Goku... I think that might've been the same one that had "Frezzer", not sure.
Yeah it was.