Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Rubens » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:14 am

Personally I'm ok with a change of casting if that means a better dub; I only managed to watch Super's dub halfway through and lost interest in it mostly because of the inconsistency (I mean, if sometimes it was already hard to keep up with the series itself before...). I just hope the "main" voices don't change much, aside from Vegeta's: during the DBZ run he had different voices and despite Loy being the most proeminent, he never sounded to me like a real Vegeta although I understand why a more radical change would be too impactful.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Welp... Loy is confirmed out of the dub and it was for money reasons. Guess unlike Audio-In the new studio stood their ground and for the good of the dub refused to pay them more money. Feist and Spínola should probably also be out since money is always they're big complaint about doing dubs. If I had to guess I would say Cristina Cavalinhos is still in, she's the only one of the original cast that has keeped up with dubbing through the years and she knows what the usual payment is so this will probably be a Path to Power situation.

If I'm being honest I'm only sad about Spínola going away, Loy is... well Loy and I won't miss him that much, and Feist although he is great casting for Goku in Super he sounded bored out of his mind most of the time and clearly wasn't putting the same passion he puts into Disney dubs.
There's a video of the possible new voices on youtube. This casting video was clearly made very quickly and was clearly dubbed over the SIC dub. I've been going through portuguese dub related discords and a lot of people have pointed to this being from SantaClaus Studios (the studio that dubs Doraemon and Shin Chan here) since a lot of the voices seem to be from actors they use very often like Miguel Raposo as the first Goku voice (I said Guilherme Raposo but I meant Miguel Raposo :crazy: ), Tiago Matias and Fábio Pereira as the Freeza voices and Michel Semeão as one of the Gohans.
This could be the start of a new age for DB in Portugal since Biggs is involved with Super and Broly so they'll probably keep both on the same studio. Sad that we had to see some of the cast go but the dub could be very good and if so I can get over it.
Weird, I'm impressed by the names honestly, after watching the videos sometimes I couldn't associate some of the voices with the names you said, could be just me being rusty, but I really hope the dub has a big and quality cast.
SantaClaus is a really good studio, they did stuff like Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles besides Doraemon and Shin Chan, and while that list is a bit outdated I really hope some of those names are part of the dub, especially Ana Vieira, that would be a personal dream come true.

Edit: If you don't mind, could you give me a link of one of those discords? I would love to see them and interact there.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Loy just confirmed he'll be in the movie, at least he'll get to sendoff the character.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:41 pm

diogoarez wrote:Loy just confirmed he'll be in the movie, at least he'll get to sendoff the character.
This is great! If Loy accepted to be in the movie and Biggs keeps Super on the same studio he'll probably stay there too and with SantaClaus being the new studio he'll have a director telling him what to do. He also confirmed Cristina Cavalinhos so we are keeping the most well casted role from the 90's dub (for real Cristina Cavalinhos is perfect as Bulma). Now Feist and Spínola need to follow Loy and we'll be set to go. This negotiations really explain why the trailer is taking so long to come out.

Also diogoarez, I use the TPA Portugal discord, you can find an invite to it on the blog.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote:Loy just confirmed he'll be in the movie, at least he'll get to sendoff the character.
This is great! If Loy accepted to be in the movie and Biggs keeps Super on the same studio he'll probably stay there too and with SantaClaus being the new studio he'll have a director telling him what to do. He also confirmed Cristina Cavalinhos so we are keeping the most well casted role from the 90's dub (for real Cristina Cavalinhos is perfect as Bulma). Now Feist and Spínola need to follow Loy and we'll be set to go. This negotiations really explain why the trailer is taking so long to come out.
I'm gonna be honest and say this,I think they just accepted the movie( at least Loy and maybe Feist/Spinola) and that will be their last reprisal of the characters, from what I gathered the contracts they're offering them made them refuse the series, especially one that they'd have to redub all over again. At least this is Feist's case from what I gathered.

I think this is the end for them tbh and hey it's not that bad of an ending, go out with a literal bang.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:54 pm

diogoarez wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
I'm gonna be honest and say this,I think they just accepted the movie( at least Loy and maybe Feist/Spinola) and that will be their last reprisal of the characters, from what I gathered the contracts they're offering them made them refuse the series, especially one that they'd have to redub all over again. At least this is Feist's case from what I gathered.

I think this is the end for them tbh and hey it's not that bad of an ending, go out with a literal bang.
I don't think so... The castings were dubbed over SIC's dub so it means Biggs has the SIC dub and will air it so they wouldn't have to redub everything. Unless Biggs already has the last 27 episodes they probably were only contacted to dub the movie and since Biggs is consistent with studios they'll keep Super on SantaClaus too.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: This is great! If Loy accepted to be in the movie and Biggs keeps Super on the same studio he'll probably stay there too and with SantaClaus being the new studio he'll have a director telling him what to do. He also confirmed Cristina Cavalinhos so we are keeping the most well casted role from the 90's dub (for real Cristina Cavalinhos is perfect as Bulma). Now Feist and Spínola need to follow Loy and we'll be set to go. This negotiations really explain why the trailer is taking so long to come out.

I don't think so... The castings were dubbed over SIC's dub so it means Biggs has the SIC dub and will air it so they wouldn't have to redub everything. Unless Biggs already has the last 27 episodes they probably were only contacted to dub the movie and since Biggs is consistent with studios they'll keep Super on SantaClaus too.
Yeah, you're right maybe that will happen. Guess we'll see but I'm gonna keep my expectations low just in case it gets reddubed

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:57 pm

I wouldn't mind a redub with an actual director keeping the actors under control and (I wish, but this will NEVER happen) with the correct terminology.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm

omegalucas wrote:I wouldn't mind a redub with an actual director keeping the actors under control and (I wish, but this will NEVER happen) with the correct terminology.
Redub probably won't happen but we there will be a dub director for the last 27 episodes and I have no doubts about that. Maybe the Super sequel gets grabbed by Biggs and we have a good and consistent dub all the way through.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 pm

All I want right now is Spínola and Feist on the film. C'moooooon *fingers crossed*
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm

omegalucas wrote:All I want right now is Spínola and Feist on the film. C'moooooon *fingers crossed*
I just recieved info that they will be in the film, can't confirm it just yet but everything points towards it. Maybe by Monday we'll have info.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:09 pm

diogoarez wrote:
omegalucas wrote:All I want right now is Spínola and Feist on the film. C'moooooon *fingers crossed*
I just recieved info that they will be in the film, can't confirm it just yet but everything points towards it. Maybe by Monday we'll have info.
Can you say if the source is trustworthy?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 pm

diogoarez wrote:
I'm not sure if I should be glad or not for your sources. It's great you were right about Loy being on the film but you being right about them not reprising their roles for the series itself would be sad.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote:
Can you say if the source is trustworthy?
Hasn't failed me so far when it comes to dubbing and it knows many VA's personally. I will try to see if I can know anything else.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 pm

omegalucas wrote:
diogoarez wrote:
I'm not sure if I should be glad or not for your sources. It's great you were right about Loy being on the film but you being right about them not reprising their roles for the series itself would be sad.
I think the contracts they offered them were just about the movie so that would mean they didn't reject the series since that was never an option they had.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
diogoarez wrote: I just recieved info that they will be in the film, can't confirm it just yet but everything points towards it. Maybe by Monday we'll have info.
I think the contracts they offered them were just about the movie so that would mean they didn't reject the series since that was never an option they had.
Maybe, but the info I got mentioned the series and not the movie in Feist's case, maybe it got confused and mistook movie info for the series?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:24 pm

diogoarez wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
Maybe, but the info I got mentioned the series and not the movie in Feist's case, maybe it got confused and mistook movie info for the series?
Probably, since I doubt they're redubbing the series because they have the SIC dub and will probably air it.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Probably, since I doubt they're redubbing the series because they have the SIC dub and will probably air it.
Really hope so, but at the same time a redub with proper direction and a good studio would be amazing to see.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:41 pm

diogoarez wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
diogoarez wrote: Maybe, but the info I got mentioned the series and not the movie in Feist's case, maybe it got confused and mistook movie info for the series?
Really hope so, but at the same time a redub with proper direction and a good studio would be amazing to see.
That would be a dream come true but it won't happen... And HEY if it does maybe the contract for the film comes witht the series and he accepts it.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Loy basically gave me an hint that he'll be in the series and laughed when I said that the movie would be the OG cast's sendoff. I guess we have a confirmation from him