Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:39 pm

What the hell is wrong with some people on that facebook page?! Feels like you're talking with brainwashed people.
They will accept everything Audio-In will throw to them, no matter the quality.

It's obvious Audio-In doesn't care at this point. And they have no reason to care it seems, because those casual fans are the biggest part of the fanbase and they will accept everything.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:22 pm

All the criticism clearly made a difference:

Announcement:

Hello, Dragon Ball de Portugal fans.

We'd like to begin by thanking all fans that have been following the episodes of Dragon Ball Super. You have been relentless! We have thus to thank you once more.

Unfortunately not everything is perfect, there's always a lot of work behind what's seen in TV and (like all things) there are errors that get through and "we" miss them, as dedicated as we are are to something, there is always something to correct. Just like a videogame, where there are updates to correct bugs and such things.

The error has been sent to Audio In, and on behalf of the company we apologize to you for an error that is significant for some people, and less significant for others. Whatever the case, the episodes have been corrected.

We'd like to inform you as well that we will be present at the 2017 edition of IberAnime Lx at Lisbon, and don't forget to visit our page regularly.

TO ALL OF US, THANK YOU!

Regards,
Dragon Ball de Portugal ©
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:31 pm

It's great that we got not just a response from the page but also a formal apology from the studio :thumbup: . If I'm not mistaken the last time the studio gave a response about the dub was due to the controversy sorrounding João Loy first episodes and we all know how that turned out so I guess this won't happen anymore. Probably not even the admins from the page or even the actors couldn't look away from the most recent mistakes.
But the thing that interests me more abou the response is when they say the episodes have been corrected. Does that mean the reruns won't have this mistakes? Hope so.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Beautiful words, but I will believe when I see it.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:54 am

Gafonso6 wrote:All the complaints me and OmegaLucas have done are all respectful and I haven't seen any others that disrespected anyone.
I said "most".
omegalucas wrote:All the criticism clearly made a difference:
I'm still baffled by how a fan page keeps pretending they are in any official position. I laughed at the copyright symbol at the end.

If they do have any influence at all, I wouldn't mind if they managed to get some proper home video releases (or re-releases since everything is out of print) of Dragon Ball content. Preferably with official artwork this time around.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:06 am

So episode 46 normal sutff well dubbed blah, blah, blah...
Let's talk about the ending, I don't remember that well about Future Trunks voice but wasn't it a bit manlier? Feist really passed the emotions but I think that after doing Kid Trunks for 46 episodes he hasn't found his Future Trunks voice yet. But I have a feeling he will find it as time goes on and while he's influenced by Takeshi Kusao.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:27 am

Gafonso6 wrote:So episode 46 normal sutff well dubbed blah, blah, blah...
Let's talk about the ending, I don't remember that well about Future Trunks voice but wasn't it a bit manlier? Feist really passed the emotions but I think that after doing Kid Trunks for 46 episodes he hasn't found his Future Trunks voice yet. But I have a feeling he will find it as time goes on and while he's influenced by Takeshi Kusao.
Oh damn you guys are here?! Very interested in your Black!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:46 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
We'll hear his voice next week. Stay tuned!
You're French right? Where's your version of Super now, episode wise? And is it still super censored?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:07 am

omegalucas wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
We'll hear his voice next week. Stay tuned!
You're French right? Where's your version of Super now, episode wise? And is it still super censored?
Nah I'm not French haha, English! Think the French dub is 5 days a week so they should be near the end of Freeza arc.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Nah I'm not French haha, English! Think the French dub is 5 days a week so they should be near the end of Freeza arc.
Nevermind, I got you confused with somebody else xD

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:14 am

omegalucas wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Nah I'm not French haha, English! Think the French dub is 5 days a week so they should be near the end of Freeza arc.
The french version is on an hiatus because the studio is dubbing episodes right now. The Champa arc will start airing on April 3rd. And from the clips I've seen from the dub until now it's really censored. Even more than what AB Groupe did.

Putting that aside I know de FB page is not really official but I've got t give props to them. Just look at the awesome picture they use to announce the new arc.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:41 pm

-Episode 45 and 46-

Nothing much to say. Rui's Kaio and Gabriel's Jaco are getting better though.
I'm still impressed nowadays how good Goku vs Copy Vegeta turned out to be compared to some other previous fights. But it will always be overshadowed by the last scene with FT Trunks.

Next week is gonna be great when it comes to DBS:
- FT Trunks arc starts here (2 episodes).
- New manga chapter.
- New episode in Japan.
Gafonso6 wrote: Putting that aside I know de FB page is not really official but I've got t give props to them. Just look at the awesome picture they use to announce the new arc.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, I love it a lot too!! The partnership with Rose of Sharyn Designs really got rid of the noob feel the page had in the beginning.
I have to give props to Gabriel in that regard. What seemed to be just another normal DB facebook page is becoming something bigger.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
The french version is on an hiatus because the studio is dubbing episodes right now. The Champa arc will start airing on April 3rd. And from the clips I've seen from the dub until now it's really censored. Even more than what AB Groupe did.

Putting that aside I know de FB page is not really official but I've got t give props to them. Just look at the awesome picture they use to announce the new arc.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, it's censored, but there's also an uncut dub late at night now, thankfully.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm expecting your Black too! I want to see what Feist does with the character! :D
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:30 am

God, no. They just translated Black as "Guerreiro Negro".
Black's voice is awesome tho.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:04 am

omegalucas wrote:God, no. They just translated Black as "Guerreiro Negro".
That's actually a surprisingly nice compromise.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:37 am

"Guerreiro Negro" is so stupid :roll: and they messed up the 18 Universes bit, saying there was 18 planets :lol:

I realized I missed Black...

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am

Don't know what's so stupid about it. A direct translation doesn't work, so they had to compromise while remaining faithful to the original intent. Guerreiro Negro (Dark Warrior) is the best solution I've heard...

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:03 am

I don't know, they could have maintained the English term as it is his name. Audio-In just has this thing that they want to translate everything, regardless of context and intent and it ruins an otherwise faithful script.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 am

Black's voice was great. Feist did a good job.