Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 am

And now the Facebook page (not Gabriel this time) says they have always known about the date and just didn't say anything because SIC wasn't 100% sure they would be able to meet it. Assuming they're not simply trying to save face, this is what they should have said yesterday, and not that bullshit Gabriel wrote...

Oh and Zamasu is apparently played by Loy. Oh crap I'm disappointed now.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:13 am

Was it me or did they confirm that Loy is Zamas(u)? I hope not...
But if he is Zamas(u) at least it's not Gabriel so that's good. Right?
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 am

He was probably the only actor I never considered for the role. His voice is so far away from JPN Zamasu. I mean even Gabriel's voice is closer (bad acting aside).
Well, we'll have to see...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:18 am

And there goes all the hype. Like seriously?! LOY?! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THIS! I mean I like his Vegeta, Piccolo and Shu but that's because he can't do other voices.

You know what I'm gonna wait, that page has lied before and it will lie again so I'm taking this with a grain of salt.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 am

João Loy as Zamasu??? Fuck this... Even Feist would be a better choice, I can't believe they ruined my favorite DB villain... :(

I really hope it's another lie from the page

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Loy as Zamasu?!

This is terrible. I have zero faith in him. It's like they were looking for the most unfitting person in the cast (excluding the ridiculous Gabriel).
Loy would be perfect for Jiren, because Jiren barely talks.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:16 pm

GUYS!!! I went to Loy's facebook page to see if he was saying anything about playing Zamas(u) and in this post while answering the first comment he said that he's not Zamas(u). So I'm really confused... was the """""official""""" FB page just spitting out bullshit once again? Is Loy just saying that he's not Zamas(u) because he doesn't want to get in trouble with the studio? I'm hoping and I'm 70% sure it's the first one, especially since it was one of the admins that have nothing to do with dub and even the one that has doesn't know anything.
I guess we'll have to wait until February 3 to find out. Please be good! PLEASE BE GOOD!!!
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Man, that's disappointing. I mean, João is not bad but he definitely doesn't fit Zamasu.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Then why do you say its disappointing that he ISNT Zamasu. Neither him or that asshole Gabriel LOL.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:44 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Then why do you say its disappointing that he ISNT Zamasu. Neither him or that asshole Gabriel LOL.
I never said I was disappointed about João not being Zamasu. I said I was disappointed because he was cast as Zamasu. I would have preferred Romeu Vala or Ricardo Spínola for the role.

I wonder what Audio In will do in ToP saga. I hope they hire more voice actors, although that possibility is unlikely and the dub will be stuck with a small cast.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:45 pm

But its being said that's he's NOT Zamasu after all!

EDIT:Pucha me rindo usare el Espanol. Me refiero a que parece que al final Loy no sera Zamasu. Todavia hay esperanza! Si no es ni Loy ni Gabriel todavia hay esperanza!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:But its being said that's he's NOT Zamasu after all!

EDIT:Pucha me rindo usare el Espanol. Me refiero a que parece que al final Loy no sera Zamasu. Todavia hay esperanza! Si no es ni Loy ni Gabriel todavia hay esperanza!
Ay, perdón por la confusión. Tienes razón, no hay nada confirmado todavía. Creo que me anticipe a los hechos.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 am

Gafonso6 wrote:GUYS!!! I went to Loy's facebook page to see if he was saying anything about playing Zamas(u) and in this post while answering the first comment he said that he's not Zamas(u). So I'm really confused... was the """""official""""" FB page just spitting out bullshit once again? Is Loy just saying that he's not Zamas(u) because he doesn't want to get in trouble with the studio? I'm hoping and I'm 70% sure it's the first one, especially since it was one of the admins that have nothing to do with dub and even the one that has doesn't know anything.
I guess we'll have to wait until February 3 to find out. Please be good! PLEASE BE GOOD!!!

Let's hope so, I'm getting sick of the ''Official'' Page, they barely know a thing, if they don't know they better shut the fuck up and stop spreading false information.
I still hope we get a good Zamasu... And hopefully they get more people for the TOP arc, most of the cast can't do that many characters without doing the same voice for 10 or more characters, I really hope they get at least 3 new actors.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:25 pm

So apparently the FB page is doing a livestream tonight. Let's see what comes out of it.

So according to Gabriel Zamas(u) is Loy but I'm going to wait. Not taking is word for granted.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Welp Gabriel insists João Loy is Zamasu's voice... I really can't take his word for granted so I will wait and see

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:17 am

SIC just aired a dubbed promo for Super's new episodes and it's a rollercoaster.
Gowas(u) sounds great, it's Rui de Sá so it would obviously sound good (it's a perfect match). Now Zamas(u) is in fact Loy BUT from what we can hear in this it doesn't sound bad, it looks like it could work, if Loy doesn't put jokes and does a good voice, he could be a good Zamas(u). It's also confirmed that two episodes will air on Saturday's, not sure about Sunday's but it's probably the same thing.

EDIT: I read that at least this Sunday they won't air any episodes so we'll have to wait and see if we'll only be getting new episodes on Saturdays.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 am

Gafonso6 wrote:SIC just aired a dubbed promo for Super's new episodes and it's a rollercoaster.
Gowas(u) sounds great, it's Rui de Sá so it would obviously sound good (it's a perfect match). Now Zamas(u) is in fact Loy BUT from what we can hear in this it doesn't sound bad, it looks like it could work, if Loy doesn't put jokes and does a good voice, he could be a good Zamas(u). It's also confirmed that two episodes will air on Saturday's, not sure about Sunday's but it's probably the same thing.

EDIT: I read that at least this Sunday they won't air any episodes so we'll have to wait and see if we'll only be getting new episodes on Saturdays.
Loy is making me curious, from the short we have seen it doesn't sound that bad and I could see him being a good Zamasu...But his track record has shown that the guy can ruin moments with his excessive jokes.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Good lord, sometimes I forget how DBS looked like crap before Universe Survival arc. The show really came a long way in the end.

I'm curious about Loy's Zamasu even though I'm 99% sure he will screw up.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:09 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Good lord, sometimes I forget how DBS looked like crap before Universe Survival arc. The show really came a long way in the end.

Am I the only one that loved the animation in the Black arc? Like I know the TOP arc is much better in that regard but I still love the artstyle used in the Black arc

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:24 pm

diogoarez wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Good lord, sometimes I forget how DBS looked like crap before Universe Survival arc. The show really came a long way in the end.

Am I the only one that loved the animation in the Black arc? Like I know the TOP arc is much better in that regard but I still love the artstyle used in the Black arc
FT's arc has some great scenes but there are still some rough ones and this episode is really rough on some parts.