Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Out of curiosity, I went to check and indeed, they have fixed it there. :eh:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:29 am

Where can I watch or download the new episodes in PT-PT? I'm refering to the episodes after the 53 one.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:21 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Where can I watch or download the new episodes in PT-PT? I'm refering to the episodes after the 53 one.
PM'ed you.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 pm

I'm not really liking Feist's soft-speaking Trunks, never mind his weird pauses mid-sentence. His kid Trunks and Goku are good but it kinda feels like he's focusing on adult Trunks' tone more than on delivering his lines.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:45 pm

alakazam^ wrote:I'm not really liking Feist's soft-speaking Trunks, never mind his weird pauses mid-sentence.
He does it with Goku too. Feist's diction is one of the reasons why I don't watch the dub.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:I'm not really liking Feist's soft-speaking Trunks, never mind his weird pauses mid-sentence.
He does it with Goku too. Feist's diction is one of the reasons why I don't watch the dub.
He's pauses have been happening less and less but it's really obvious with Future Trunks and I don't like it. Just like alakazam said he's focusing more on the voice and less on the performance.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:32 pm

Actually, I think Feist is doing that to match the lip flaps. I may be mistaken, but it looks like the pauses happen when the characters close their mouth.
During the previews and scenes without lip flaps his acting is more fluid.
I'd rather he didn't do this though.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:55 pm

omegalucas wrote:Actually, I think Feist is doing that to match the lip flaps. I may be mistaken, but it looks like the pauses happen when the characters close their mouth.
During the previews and scenes without lip flaps his acting is more fluid.
I'd rather he didn't do this though.
It's that. The problem is with the director that let's that happen, if there is one, I've seen comments from the DB Portugal FB Page saing that the actors asked to be no director so they could have their freedom, and if that's true it shows in things like this. When there's no director an actor, no matter how good they are, can just turn off and stop noticing this type of stuff.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:07 pm

alakazam^ wrote:I'm not really liking Feist's soft-speaking Trunks, never mind his weird pauses mid-sentence. His kid Trunks and Goku are good but it kinda feels like he's focusing on adult Trunks' tone more than on delivering his lines.
Wasnt he supposed to be soft spoken and polite? Do tell if I'm wrong
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:17 pm

While the mid sentence pauses get a bit annoying I kinda understand if he does that to match the lip movement, it wouldn't be a first but it should have been corrected by the director, I think that with the right direction Feist would stop that, every new episode he's doing that less and less and his Black is amazing so I think he can improve that in the future, just my thoughts on the matter

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:06 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Wasnt he supposed to be soft spoken and polite? Do tell if I'm wrong
He doesn't have such a soft voice. The main issue is that Feist seems to be holding back when speaking as him.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Episodes 61 and 62.

And the adaptation is being crappy again. Despite having Masenko some episodes ago, we now have Raio Mágico (Magical Beam). And Mafuba is Turbilhão (Whirlpool).

It's like they're suffering from Early FUNi'itis. They can't leave one thing untranslated. They could at least have used Demon Seal or Evil Seal or something. Or Tornado Verde if they wanted to be consistent with the old dub...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:34 pm

omegalucas wrote:And Mafuba is Turbilhão (Whirlpool).
You mean whirlwind.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:13 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
omegalucas wrote:And Mafuba is Turbilhão (Whirlpool).
You mean whirlwind.
That. My bad.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:15 pm

I kinda don't mind ''Raio Mágico'' since it was the name used in the Broly movie but yeah it kinda sucks.
As for ''Turbilhão''...WTF happened there? O_O

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 am

Seems like there are DBS easter eggs at Continente and Pingo Doce:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:11 am

So... Uhm... WTF just happened?! Did they really change Zamasu's voice for Fused Zamasu?! I'm not mad since it's Romeu Vala and just on is few seconds as Zamasu he was way better than Loy but why? Couldn't he had been from the beginning? Well... At least we'll have a great Fused Zamasu.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:56 am

Gafonso6 wrote:So... Uhm... WTF just happened?! Did they really change Zamasu's voice for Fused Zamasu?! I'm not mad since it's Romeu Vala and just on is few seconds as Zamasu he was way better than Loy but why? Couldn't he had been from the beginning? Well... At least we'll have a great Fused Zamasu.
I know right? My dream came true but I was kinda liking Loy, what the fuck happened?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:44 am

They did the same with Kibitoshin back in the Universe 6 arc.
He was voiced by Rui de Sá but after defusing Shin was voiced by Quimbé and Kibito by Sá but with a totally different voice.
As long as Vegetto keeps a double voice I'm fine with it. Please don't call him Vegeku. I'd love for him to be Vegetto, but I'd settle for Vegelote LOL

Anyway it's for the best. Merged Zamasu is WAY more expressive than regular Zamasu and Loy lacks emotion in his Zamasu voice.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:52 am

omegalucas wrote:They did the same with Kibitoshin back in the Universe 6 arc.
He was voiced by Rui de Sá but after defusing Shin was voiced by Quimbé and Kibito by Sá but with a totally different voice.
As long as Vegetto keeps a double voice I'm fine with it. Please don't call him Vegeku. I'd love for him to be Vegetto, but I'd settle for Vegelote LOL

Anyway it's for the best. Merged Zamasu is WAY more expressive than regular Zamasu and Loy lacks emotion in his Zamasu voice.
Vegetto will certainly have a second voice. And I also think it will be either Vegito or Vegetto in the dub. And yes the change was really for the best, upon rewatching Romeu is really perfect for Zamasu, just in his two lines he was more expressive than Loy ever was. I'm just dissapointed that he wasn't playing Zamasu from the beggining it would've made everything better.