Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:Asked the Facebook page about the post. They say it was a preset post made in case the movie gets released here, but one of the staff posted it by mistake. Why they specified February then is beyond me...
Foi um enorme lapso de um dos editores da página. Temos a publicação preparada para caso haja confirmacao e ele sem querer fez a publicação.
Translation:
It was a huge mistake by one of our staff. We had that post ready in case there there is a confirmation [of the film's release] and he accidently posted it.
So they went from saying they deleted it because of an NDA to saying it's just in case :think:
They're either very dumb or so many people asked them, like they should, that they needed a bullshit answer. The February date s just too specific to be just in case it happens, also it makes no sense that they have a post ready to post IF the movie is released here. Very suspicious... Either way, keeping my expectations low...
Well, it could technically be both (the movie being bought but with no confirmation of release date), but yeah, better not raise hope just to be disappointed again.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:32 am

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:Asked the Facebook page about the post. They say it was a preset post made in case the movie gets released here, but one of the staff posted it by mistake. Why they specified February then is beyond me...

Translation:
So they went from saying they deleted it because of an NDA to saying it's just in case :think:
They're either very dumb or so many people asked them, like they should, that they needed a bullshit answer. The February date s just too specific to be just in case it happens, also it makes no sense that they have a post ready to post IF the movie is released here. Very suspicious... Either way, keeping my expectations low...
Well, it could technically be both (the movie being bought but with no confirmation of release date), but yeah, better not raise hope just to be disappointed again.
That post was clearly made with the certainty that the movie would come and to be posted at that time, especially with the joke about the "coletes amarelos". I call bullshit on their answer, they probably just didn't have 100% certainty and decided to wait for an official announcement. Hope the movie comes out here but the FB page is not handling this situation very well.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:40 am

Gafonso6 wrote:Hope the movie comes out here but the FB page is not handling this situation very well.
Nothing new, considering the many red herrings they gave on Super's premiere back in the day. I stopped taking them seriously a while ago. The only post I was hyped for was the Comic Con one on Broly because the info supposedly came from Quimbé but even that was wrong.

Usually I ignore what comes from that page unless is by the admin from Porto, Ricardo Mourão, who is the only guy there who doesn't wear rose tinted glasses and admits the dub's mistakes (and he's the only one that respects the Japanese version). The videos from his channel are incredibly cringy and clickbaity though.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:51 am

This is really weird either way, to specify a date and write that much, something must be happening behind the scenes. Oh well let's wait.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:11 am

WE ARE GETTING THE MOVIE
Map from Broly's panel from Jump Festa showing the countries that are getting the movie
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:24 am

OMG I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!

Also I'm equally happy to see Paraguay written in Katakana!!!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:38 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:OMG I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!
Thanks!!! Honestly this map was the only thing that made staying up for Jump Festa worthy

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:30 am

Gafonso6 wrote:WE ARE GETTING THE MOVIE
Map from Broly's panel from Jump Festa showing the countries that are getting the movie
First off, I'm glad you guys are getting it. I hope you enjoy it! :D

And second... looks like Poland is getting the movie too. I mean, If you see the center of Europe, you can see three circles and if I am not mistaken, those circles represent France, Germany and Poland.
Last edited by Tian on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:45 am

Tian wrote:And second... looks like Poland is getting the movie too. I mean, If you see the center of Europe, you can see three circles and if I am not mistaken, those circles represent France, Germany and Poland.
It says Benelux.
TheRed259 wrote:Why they are saying 90 countries and have less than 40 marked?
They mention 90 countries/regions planned.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:58 am

alakazam^ wrote: It says Benelux.
Yeah, I knew there was something wrong (to be exact, two minutes after I wrote the post from above) when I saw the katakana in the map (ベネルクス) didn't match with Poland in Japanese (ポーランド). But I didn't know it meant Benelux, thanks. :thumbup:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:04 am

Gafonso6 wrote:WE ARE GETTING THE MOVIE
Well, damn. I gotta thank Toei and Shueisha for the birthday gift then :D

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:06 am

TheRed259 wrote:Good news for Portugal fans.

And I really hope that you won't hear something like this in the cinema. :P
Nah, that kind of thing is dead thankfully

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:02 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:Good news for Portugal fans.

And I really hope that you won't hear something like this in the cinema. :P
Nah, that kind of thing is dead thankfully
With this presumably being a theather release I think the VAs won't have that many liberties. Hopefully.

Now, what we really need for this is Paulo Espírito Santo, who voiced both Paragus and Broly in the old films (not sure if he voiced his Legendary form I'm Movie 8 as I never could identify that specific voice, but he voiced the base form).

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 am

Hype, hope it's sooner than later :D

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:48 am

omegalucas wrote: Now, what we really need for this is Paulo Espírito Santo, who voiced both Paragus and Broly in the old films (not sure if he voiced his Legendary form I'm Movie 8 as I never could identify that specific voice, but he voiced the base form).
Actually Broly's voice in M8 is Victor Rocha, it took me some time to figure it out with a lot of people thinking it was Spínola but his voice, and his screams especially his death scream clearly screams, pun intended, Victor Rocha to me.
Paulo Espírito Santo is a great Paragus, his Broly in M10 is basically just his Paragus voice and although it works for a sadisctic evil Broly I'm sure it wouldn't for this new Broly. I would love to have him return for Paragus though.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:59 am

I wonder if there will be subbed screenings. I went to see Spider-Verse earlier this week and they only had dubbed screenings, so I assume that's the standard for animated movies?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:01 am

Doctor. wrote:I wonder if there will be subbed screenings. I went to see Spider-Verse earlier this week and they only had dubbed screenings, so I assume that's the standard for animated movies?
Usually animated movies get at least a limited subbed release, depends on the distributor I guess.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote: Now, what we really need for this is Paulo Espírito Santo, who voiced both Paragus and Broly in the old films (not sure if he voiced his Legendary form I'm Movie 8 as I never could identify that specific voice, but he voiced the base form).
Actually Broly's voice in M8 is Victor Rocha, it took me some time to figure it out with a lot of people thinking it was Spínola but his voice, and his screams especially his death scream clearly screams, pun intended, Victor Rocha to me.
Paulo Espírito Santo is a great Paragus, his Broly in M10 is basically just his Paragus voice and although it works for a sadisctic evil Broly I'm sure it wouldn't for this new Broly. I would love to have him return for Paragus though.
I'm sorry, but this voice sounds exactly like Ricardo Spínola to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUsVC9t593c