Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Alright guys more casting news.
Rui de Sá created a new FB page called "Dragon Ball Super - As Estrelas". It's basically a page where he puts the entire cast and their characters.
With that out of the way, Rui de Sá is Roh. Which confirms that they're at least 78 episodes in.
Hopefully sooner or later we'll get to know who's Zamas(u).

Still no news about a date though.
At this rate I don't see it airing soon... :?
Nice to know Roh's voice already, I hate the character and I want to see which tone Rui de Sá will use for him :D
I'm praying for Zamasu's voice, if it's Gabriel I'm gonna turn into a Super Saiyan

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:16 pm

diogoarez wrote: At this rate I don't see it airing soon... :?
It's confirmed to start airing this year so we just have to wait until a space opens on the schedule.
diogoarez wrote: Nice to know Roh's voice already, I hate the character and I want to see which tone Rui de Sá will use for him :D
I'm praying for Zamasu's voice, if it's Gabriel I'm gonna turn into a Super Saiyan
Honestly, if Gabrile was Zamas(u) we would already know, he wouldn't shut up about it.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Iberanime OPO is happening this weekend and there are people already cosplaying as SSR Black (not new) and Kale.
I already saw Beerus, Whis, Vados and Base Goku Black before, so it's good to know people here are enjoying the new characters.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Another video I never expected coming.

Loy talks with MasakoX about our dub - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUJwMY6JcY&t=79s

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Another video I never expected coming.

Loy talks with MasakoX about our dub - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUJwMY6JcY&t=79s
Great video! It's so nice to see our dub have this kind of exposition :D As Black would say: Subarashii :clap:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Yesterday, I saw Dragon Ball Monopoly at Vasco da Gama Shopping:

It caught me off guard and other people had the same reaction. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:26 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Yesterday, I saw Dragon Ball Monopoly at Vasco da Gama Shopping:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That's really cool :lol:

On other news since next week is the first weekend of December it means that, if SIC isn't making false promises, new episodes will be airing soon.
I sent SIC an email about Naruto and Dragon Ball Super and their answer about Super was:
SIC wrote:"Dragon Ball Super" is foresseened to return until the end of the year"
So if we're lucky we'll hear our Zamas(u) soon.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Yesterday, I saw Dragon Ball Monopoly at Vasco da Gama Shopping:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That's really cool :lol:

On other news since next week is the first weekend of December it means that, if SIC isn't making false promises, new episodes will be airing soon.
I sent SIC an email about Naruto and Dragon Ball Super and their answer about Super was:
SIC wrote:"Dragon Ball Super" is foresseened to return until the end of the year"
So if we're lucky we'll hear our Zamas(u) soon.
Good to know, I am really curious to see his voice :D

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Guys, I have some bad news.
I sent another email to SIC asking when was Super returning since they previously said Super was returnig before the year's end. Unfortunately the answer wasn't very positive.
Here it is.
We thank you for contacting us again.
"Dragon Ball Super's" return date has been revised for the first quarter of 2018.
Well... Looks like there's still a long wait to go through until new episodes star airing...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 pm

If Universe Survival arc turned out to be the last DBS arc, their decision would make sense. But without knowing that, it's just stupid.
They are making the audience wait too much and in era where most people have internet, that's a big mistake.

Thank God, we have a Internet! If there's something I don't miss from the old days is that we were forced to wait for new episodes to air on TV.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:14 am

It's just dumb. It's not like they don't have the episodes already, so why wait so much?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:01 am

I have two theories.
It's either because of the deal they have with LEGO, since they had a special LEGO day because of the LEGO Ninjago Movie and replaced the LEGO Ninjago Series with a LEGO series from 2015.
Or they're just waiting for more episodes. Either one it's a very stupid decision to keep the audience waiting on new episodes for a recent show while you have the 225 episodes long Twilight knock-off from 2010 airing since last year, taking a 45 minutes slot that could be opened for other shows but will be filled with that crap for at least a year and a half.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Guys, I have some bad news.
I sent another email to SIC asking when was Super returning since they previously said Super was returnig before the year's end. Unfortunately the answer wasn't very positive.
Here it is.
We thank you for contacting us again.
"Dragon Ball Super's" return date has been revised for the first quarter of 2018.
Well... Looks like there's still a long wait to go through until new episodes star airing...
FFS, SIC is pissing me off...They own the rights to one of the biggest franchises in existence and they don't air the episodes that are already dubbed, if it was due to technical problems or licensing I would understand but this seems like SIC is holding on to those episodes the longest they can.

PTOldMan

Post by PTOldMan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Yeah, at this point it seems that it's more than obvious that DBS should move to Biggs...
Nowadays SIC doesn't know how to handle long running shows, it was the same with Pokémon. Pokémon in Portugal was being severely neglected by SIC, and the same situation was happening with season 10 (Diamond and Pearl) - the fans asked them when would it debut, they answered October, we waited, and then in October it did not air and they said that it would air in January, we waited again, January came, they said it would air in February, February came and no announcement, and then on the last day of February season 10 debuted without notice, and a lot of people missed it because of how badly SIC handles these long running shows (which is very stupid when we take into consideration Pokémon and Dragon Ball's popularity in Portugal).

Biggs is also not perfect, but it was the best thing that happened to Pokémon back in the time. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl had it first episode in February 2009, and it debuted in Japan in September 2006, and in the USA in June 2007... We were almost 100 episodes and 3 years behind Japan. Then Pokémon moved to Biggs and nowadays we are at SM024, and even though new episodes are now on pause, Japan aired SM053 this week. We're only 30 episodes behind Japan, and that's just because now they are not airing new episodes because they're still being dubbed. And with Biggs we know that as soon as they get the next batch of episodes, they will air them as fast as they can, that's what happened with the first batch of episodes from Sun and Moon, they were airing 5 episodes a week from SM001 to SM024 (which is great for binge watching).

And Biggs know how popular Pokémon is, and that is great for us. I am sure the same thing would happen with Dragon Ball Super if it moved from SIC to Biggs - firstly they would air the episodes that are already dubbed as fast as they can, to ensure a great boost of ratings and to increase the popularity of the show. Then we would have a pause while new episodes are being dubbed (or while they are getting cheaper to air?), and whenever they could they would air them as fast as they can, and so on. While it may not be the perfect approach to an anime (tons of new episodes crammed in few weeks - pause - tons of new episodes crammed in few weeks - pause - etc), at least with Biggs we would be way closer to Japan and we wouldn't have long hiatus of new episodes. It's more than clear than SIC isn't able to handle an anime like Dragon Ball Super.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:03 am

PTOldMan wrote:[spoiler]Yeah, at this point it seems that it's more than obvious that DBS should move to Biggs...
Nowadays SIC doesn't know how to handle long running shows, it was the same with Pokémon. Pokémon in Portugal was being severely neglected by SIC, and the same situation was happening with season 10 (Diamond and Pearl) - the fans asked them when would it debut, they answered October, we waited, and then in October it did not air and they said that it would air in January, we waited again, January came, they said it would air in February, February came and no announcement, and then on the last day of February season 10 debuted without notice, and a lot of people missed it because of how badly SIC handles these long running shows (which is very stupid when we take into consideration Pokémon and Dragon Ball's popularity in Portugal).

Biggs is also not perfect, but it was the best thing that happened to Pokémon back in the time. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl had it first episode in February 2009, and it debuted in Japan in September 2006, and in the USA in June 2007... We were almost 100 episodes and 3 years behind Japan. Then Pokémon moved to Biggs and nowadays we are at SM024, and even though new episodes are now on pause, Japan aired SM053 this week. We're only 30 episodes behind Japan, and that's just because now they are not airing new episodes because they're still being dubbed. And with Biggs we know that as soon as they get the next batch of episodes, they will air them as fast as they can, that's what happened with the first batch of episodes from Sun and Moon, they were airing 5 episodes a week from SM001 to SM024 (which is great for binge watching).

And Biggs know how popular Pokémon is, and that is great for us. I am sure the same thing would happen with Dragon Ball Super if it moved from SIC to Biggs - firstly they would air the episodes that are already dubbed as fast as they can, to ensure a great boost of ratings and to increase the popularity of the show. Then we would have a pause while new episodes are being dubbed (or while they are getting cheaper to air?), and whenever they could they would air them as fast as they can, and so on. While it may not be the perfect approach to an anime (tons of new episodes crammed in few weeks - pause - tons of new episodes crammed in few weeks - pause - etc), at least with Biggs we would be way closer to Japan and we wouldn't have long hiatus of new episodes. It's more than clear than SIC isn't able to handle an anime like Dragon Ball Super.[/spoiler]
No way! SIC may put things out slowly but Biggs has a dark history with censoring anime, and with a certain episode with Roshi coming in the Future, and since Biggs is not that big of a fan of violence I think Super is good where it is. Biggs is not the portuguese home for anime anymore, and hasn't been for a long time, honestly SIC, SICK and SIC RADICAL are.

PTOldMan

Post by PTOldMan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
PTOldMan wrote:[spoiler]Yeah, at this point it seems that it's more than obvious that DBS should move to Biggs...

And Biggs know how popular Pokémon is, and that is great for us. I am sure the same thing would happen with Dragon Ball Super if it moved from SIC to Biggs - firstly they would air the episodes that are already dubbed as fast as they can, to ensure a great boost of ratings and to increase the popularity of the show. Then we would have a pause while new episodes are being dubbed (or while they are getting cheaper to air?), and whenever they could they would air them as fast as they can, and so on. While it may not be the perfect approach to an anime (tons of new episodes crammed in few weeks - pause - tons of new episodes crammed in few weeks - pause - etc), at least with Biggs we would be way closer to Japan and we wouldn't have long hiatus of new episodes. It's more than clear than SIC isn't able to handle an anime like Dragon Ball Super.[/spoiler]
No way! SIC may put things out slowly but Biggs has a dark history with censoring anime, and with a certain episode with Roshi coming in the Future, and since Biggs is not that big of a fan of violence I think Super is good where it is. Biggs is not the portuguese home for anime anymore, and hasn't been for a long time, honestly SIC, SICK and SIC RADICAL are.
What is Biggs' dark history with censoring anime? I'm asking because I truly don't know, I am only aware of the time they censored Sailor Moon because of that kiss (and after the intervention of ERC they then aired the episode uncensored). And SIC itself also censored some Master Roshi's scenes in the first episodes, so even if Biggs did censor some scenes it wouldn't be much different from what SIC has been doing (even though Biggs has seemingly no problem with sexual/romance scenes, they only have problems with homosexual scenes).
Maybe there have been other situations of censorship that I'm not aware of, I only watch Biggs when they are airing Pokémon, but I truly love how well they treat it and I think that if Dragon Ball Super was there they would treat it with the same respect and we would be way ahead by now.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:30 pm

PTOldMan wrote: What is Biggs' dark history with censoring anime? I'm asking because I truly don't know, I am only aware of the time they censored Sailor Moon because of that kiss (and after the intervention of ERC they then aired the episode uncensored). And SIC itself also censored some Master Roshi's scenes in the first episodes, so even if Biggs did censor some scenes it wouldn't be much different from what SIC has been doing (even though Biggs has seemingly no problem with sexual/romance scenes, they only have problems with homosexual scenes).
Maybe there have been other situations of censorship that I'm not aware of, I only watch Biggs when they are airing Pokémon, but I truly love how well they treat it and I think that if Dragon Ball Super was there they would treat it with the same respect and we would be way ahead by now.
Besides the whole Sailor Moon Crystal fiasco, there was the whole thing of them canceling Shin-Chan out of nowhere just because people complained about an anus joke on f-ing Shin-Chan (If it wasn't for the Official Portuguese Shin-Chan youtube channel Shin-Chan would be dead in Portugal). Besides Biggs always censored animes that had violence, from the very beginning with InuYasha, and Biggs sometimes just decides to stop airing stuff, like what happened with InuYasha and One Piece, leaving fans hanging without new episodes for years. Biggs censors anime that have violence and any type of sexual innuendos, and yes SIC did that in two scenes, but instead of going with the shitty Biggs approach when people complained, taking of the air indefinetely, they took the smart approach and made the sexual jokes just subtle but obvious enough. SIC is doing a big mistake by delaying the episodes for so long, but I'll take that over censorship on one of the darkest arcs in all of Dragon Ball, that's followed by one of the most action heavy.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Nice to see you around here PTOldMan :D
I honestly don't know what would be better, both Biggs and SIC have problems and some past actions that I condemn, so I think there isn't a better alternative nowadays. If we were talking of around 2010 Biggs I would love the idea since Biggs was awesome at that time, but the channel has deteriorated a lot in the past few years and they are censoring lots of stuff and that is something I can't forgive. Granted SIC has already censored Super in the past but it was never as bad as what Biggs has done.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am

More news about the dub, this time about the number of episodes that we'll be getting when SIC eventually decides to star airing new episodes (hopefully January).
I got curious and sent an email to SIC asking about how many new episodes they got (I get relly bored when I don't have anything to do) and episodes won't run out that soon and we won't just get a taste of the ToP since they got 52 episodes (53-104).

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:More news about the dub, this time about the number of episodes that we'll be getting when SIC eventually decides to star airing new episodes (hopefully January).
I got curious and sent an email to SIC asking about how many new episodes they got (I get relly bored when I don't have anything to do) and episodes won't run out that soon and we won't just get a taste of the ToP since they got 52 episodes (53-104).
Good to know! Hopefully it will start airing soon.