How would you like Super to end?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryou766
Advanced Regular

How would you like Super to end?

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Would you rather it end with a time skip that takes place before or after 28th Tenkaichi Budokai?

I, personally, would like to have an ending that tells the fates of all the characters, similar to the Dragon Ball Online written timeline; Goku and Vegeta leaving Earth after deciding to have one final bout against each other, Mister Boo deciding to create a lover for himself after reading one of Mister Satan's magazines - thus later resulting in a Majin race, Kuririn building a new Turtle school, ect.

Hell, even an ending that's mysterious and left up for assumption such as GT's would be interesting.

Khin
I Live Here

Re: How would you like Super to end?

Post by Khin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:54 pm

I also would like it to end like Dragon Ball Online. that's of course if Toriyama will decide to get past the EOZ, but for now, it seems unlikely. Though the idea Zen’ō's Tournament being the ending and showing us some scenes of Goku and co. fighting some strong-looking dudes from the other universes with the opening song inserted like what they did with the Dragon Ball Kai 1.0 with the Paikuhan stuff is also a good idea.
Last edited by Khin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Khin wrote:Goku and co. fighting some strong-looking dudes with the opening song inserted like what they did with the Dragon Ball Kai 1.0 with the Paikuhan stuff is also a good idea.
Though I'm not much of a fan of the opening song for Super, I'd have to agree.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:09 pm

I strongly hope it ends before EoZ so that era can forever be left to the imagination of fans. Super is going to ruin everything.

Super should end with a party. Ideally, it should have Vegeta wearing make-up, a dress (or lingerie) and dancing; Goku being chased in the background by Chi Chi for no reason; Beerus, Whis, and Buu sharing pudding; and every other character should be replaced by cardboard boxes (no one will know the difference).
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:13 pm

I think Super's last arc will be the 12 universe tournament but I'd like them to make an alternate 28th Tenkaichi.

Goku would train Uub before it so he could take part in it.

The fighters would be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Buu, Uub, Goten & Trunks.

The matches would be :

Goten vs Trunks : Trunks wins.
Vegeta vs Buu : Vegeta wins.
Gohan vs Piccolo : Gohan wins.
Goku vs Uub : Goku wins.

Trunks vs Vegeta : Vegeta wins.
Gohan vs Goku : Goku wins.

Goku and Vegeta would leave the tournament and go to where they 1st fought during the Saiyan arc for their battle and it would end with a draw.

Due to them leaving MR.Satan would remain as the champion.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:23 pm

It's hard to say how I would like the series to end. There's never really an ending when it comes to Goku's character, as he is always looking to become stronger even when he is the strongest. The original DBZ ending had it somewhat right in a way. I want to see Goku pass down his beliefs on a new generation, for someone to be his successor, but I don't want it to be some no name like Uub coming out of nowhere. I want it to be someone from Goku's family, possibly Pan. (Both Gohan and Goten are massive failures as Goku's sons, and are not worthy to carry on his beliefs)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Goku and Vegeta finally admit their love for each other as they've spent so much time together. Krillin is overjoyed as now that Vegeta will become Goku's husband, Krillin can become Goku's best friend again. Then he remembers he hardly spends any time with Goku anyways, so it didn't really matter. Goku dumps Chi Chi who just yells and stomps about like a harpy. 10 years pass and the marriage happens because Goku kept forgetting to show up for the wedding in the previous years. Goten and Trunks are obviously still kids while being in their 20's. Marron is also still treated as toddler despite being a teenager.

Goku and Vegeta kiss and Beerus eats all the food at the ceremony, threatening to destroy anyone who tries to take it from him. A cardboard cut out of Gohan and Videl make a speech as that's about as interesting as they are right now, as well as their relationship. No one could tell the difference. Goku and Vegeta fuck each other and it turns out male saiyans can get pregnant cause why the fuck not? Vegeta gives birth to kids who will never amount to anything, just like all the other kids. As a couple Goku and Vegeta save the planet constantly, and after the billion threats, Gohan sips a cup of coffee and doesn't see any need to really prepare for that. And he's right since all you need is Goku and Vegeta.

Goku and Vegeta grow old together, and their relationship falls apart. They have an intense break up until Goku sparks the relationship back by saving Vegeta from a villain. Gohan died from that same villain, but nobody cared since he could be wished back anyways, and has been pretty useless. Goku and Vegeta's kids are overjoyed to have them back together, but they remain undeveloped and stagnant just like Goten and Trunks...who are still kids at this time mind you.

Goku and Vegeta finally achieve Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Rainbow God Super Saiyan, and become the strongest couple in the universe that fight not only for themselves, but for rights for the LGBT community. They finally fight for another cause besides selfish reasons and their own love, and once again complete their characters as they already have a couple times before. The series ends with a kiss between the two, and an off screen banging by elder Goku and Vegeta....with Goten and Trunks playing video games and still being kids years later. Also Gohan remains dead because people mistook a cardboard standee as him. I couldn't really tell the difference either.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:34 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I strongly hope it ends before EoZ so that era can forever be left to the imagination of fans. Super is going to ruin everything.
GT already went past it and it didn't ruin anything so I don't know why Super would.

No matter what it does we'll always have the manga, Z & Kai with the original ending.

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:41 pm

With a formal apology.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:41 pm

sintzu wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I strongly hope it ends before EoZ so that era can forever be left to the imagination of fans. Super is going to ruin everything.
GT already went past it and it didn't ruin anything so I don't know why Super would.

No matter what it does we'll always have the manga, Z & Kai with the original ending.
GT fast forwarded to a distant future after EoZ, where none of the newer characters were given any chance to develop. They just threw them at us and were like "okay, here's Uub. He trained and stuff for those years you didn't see...okay, back to Goku". Even before Super, GT has always felt like an alternate universe in the way it started in an era literally no one asked for or wanted.

That era, EoZ, is a clean slate that I preferably wouldn't want to be touched.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:47 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:That era, EoZ, is a clean slate that I preferably wouldn't want to be touched.
It doesn't look like Troiyama will so it's safe for now but when he's done Toei might.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:07 pm

In a way that doesn't interfere with the end of Z.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:26 pm

sintzu wrote:I think Super's last arc will be the 12 universe tournament but I'd like them to make an alternate 28th Tenkaichi.

Goku would train Uub before it so he could take part in it.

The fighters would be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Buu, Uub, Goten & Trunks.

The matches would be :

Goten vs Trunks : Trunks wins.
Vegeta vs Buu : Vegeta wins.
Gohan vs Piccolo : Gohan wins.
Goku vs Uub : Goku wins.

Trunks vs Vegeta : Vegeta wins.
Gohan vs Goku : Goku wins.

Goku and Vegeta would leave the tournament and go to where they 1st fought during the Saiyan arc for their battle and it would end with a draw.

Due to them leaving MR.Satan would remain as the champion.
I have always thought of a tournament like this but I try all different possible matches and I can not get one I like.
I like to include other characters as well like Tien and 1 fight I have wanted to see throughout the whole series is Piccolo vs Vegeta.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:34 pm

I hope it never ends.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:36 pm

I want a big, final battle between Gokuu and Vegeta using nothing but good animators and a high number of drawings so that the entire twenty minute episode can be filled with awesome animation.

That will never happen, of course, but it'd be nice.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:40 pm

I just hope it doesn't mess up the end of the original series. As far as how it should end is concerned umm.. i don't care that much but a happy ending would be alright.

- Travis

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:45 pm

I'd like to see a definite conclusion surpassing EOZ or rewriting it. If Goku's adventures are permanently over, I'd like him and Vegeta to fight to the death as a type of swan song, leaving Gohan and anyone around or under his age behind alive. I think it'd be cool if Goku became something like a Kai and either stayed with Elder Kai or Kaio. If they were to continue with a spin-off with a new main character, it'd be cool to see Goku guiding someone like the Kais did him in the past. You'd occasionally see Vegeta being allowed to visit Goku on the Kai's world sparing. Actually Vegeta being revived for the soul purpose of being a God of Destruction would be cool for a different universe and occasionally meeting with Goku on the Kai's world to train.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm actually with the concept of Goku and Vegeta dying in the midst of an all-out final battle.

They're Saiyans, and doing the one thing that they love in their final moments would be the best way to die.

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:08 pm

I want the final arc to involve Pan going Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 8 against Evil Zeno fused with Zarama, restoring the 12 Universes to peace at last.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:11 pm

JoeCapricorn wrote:I want the final arc to involve Pan going Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 8 against Evil Zeno fused with Zarama, restoring the 12 Universes to peace at last.
Pointless and tasteless posts like these aren't in any way contributing to the thread. Please refrain from typing away said posts. Thank you.