Super coming to Spain... controversy included.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: Super coming to Spain... controversy included.

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:Do you guys think that boing may end up pulling a one piece and canceling super before the Black arc? (as it's the most "violent" one so far)
If they don't start airing the second season soon they may end up cancelling it before the RoF arc ends.
Well shit, the RoF arc ended quite a while ago so we're fucked :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:01 pm

They already aired episode 28? If so than that means you'll at least start the FT arc
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:06 pm

I really hate Boing, they ruined Yokai Watch's finest scene. You know the one.
I really hope Super continues to be dubbed uncut.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I really hate Boing, they ruined Yokai Watch's finest scene. You know the one.
Not everybody has seen Yokai Watch enough to be able to know what you mean...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:55 pm

I wanted to put a link but decided to wait till someone asked for it!

Here is the scene uncut but in English. It begins at 17:00 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9ACWqfeq4

And here is what Boing did to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ8FVcNA1MA
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Despite toning down the dialogue to remove direct references to death, as well as the whole blocking out Japanese text in signs thing, the Disney XD English dub definitely did that scene justice. Seeing the Boing version, where much of the scene was literally removed, made me literally laugh out loud. Seriously, why is Boing's censorship so pathetic?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 am

I can't believe what Boing is doing. They moved the series to 12am and still it's censored.

Source :
http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/d ... 160810?amp

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:49 am

Well some good news for you folks, DBS being released on DVD/BD presumably uncut!:
Selecta Vision has signed the DVD and BD rights for the new series Dragon Ball Super in Spain and Andorra.
The publisher will release the first DVD and Blu-Ray box, in the Castillan-dubbed version as well as in the original version with Castillan subtitles during Japan Week-End the Japanese animation fair held in Madrid from Septeber 30 to October 1.
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1847

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Boing did it again...with Battle of Gods.
http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/opinion/dr ... rar-166544

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:40 pm

New episodes are coming to Boing...but by now I know they will be cut and chopped to bits. MI REINO POR DVD'S SIN CENSURA!!!

EDIT:In October. Its on that link that the poster above shared.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Guys, i need to ask something, is it true that Boing is actually complaining about super's "language " and trying to release the series changing the dialogues to censor any reference to death (changing Hit from being an assasin to someone who's job is to defeat people) and any kind of little insult (such as "idiot")? or it's a simple dumb rumour?

dbgtFO wrote:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Well, you live in Spain, you could ask another Spaniard about it. Sorry if this sounds rude, I do understand you, but Kanzenshuu cant get info unless someone from the actual country in question knows about it.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:15 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:Guys, i need to ask something, is it true that Boing is actually complaining about super's "language " and trying to release the series changing the dialogues to censor any reference to death (changing Hit from being an assasin to someone who's job is to defeat people) and any kind of little insult (such as "idiot")? or it's a simple dumb rumour?
Dunno about Hit since I wasn't able to see the Champa arc (not that I was really interested anyway) but they did censor some of Black's dialogue with things regarding death. I still saw insults trough iirc
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:26 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Well, you live in Spain, you could ask another Spaniard about it. Sorry if this sounds rude, I do understand you, but Kanzenshuu cant get info unless someone from the actual country in question knows about it.
I did try, in fact i got this from various videos of people reading that message with Boing's complaints. But, apparently all those videos are being deleted and also anything related to that has been tal en down, so Kanzenshuu was my last chance as in the past i got some info about super's situation in Spain from here. I was hoping someone here could clear things up as i don't want to start being misinformed as i did before i joined the forum.

dbgtFO wrote:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:33 am

You are awesome dude. Sorry for the lecture.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 am

dbs fanboy wrote:Guys, i need to ask something, is it true that Boing is actually complaining about super's "language " and trying to release the series changing the dialogues to censor any reference to death (changing Hit from being an assasin to someone who's job is to defeat people) and any kind of little insult (such as "idiot")? or it's a simple dumb rumour?
What I know is probably the same as you:
Boing complained to Toei Europe about the "language" used on Super, and Toei, surprisingly, bent to their demands. The problem is that now even the DVD's would be voiced again to accommodate these demands, so there's no safe place to enjoy Super in Spanish (I actually don't watch it dubbed, but this still piss me off). Apparently, Hit the Hitman/assassin is now "Hot the Enemy"...because he defeats his enemies. Words like "idot" or "shit" would be replaced too, even if you can hear them in Regular Show, Adventure Time, or any other frigging show broadcasted on Boing.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:34 am

So did the DVD get released yet? If so, was it uncut visually and with re-recorded lines as promised?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Well, people from spain should just watch the superior LA spanish dubbed version of Dragon Ball Super, once Blue-Rays are getting out.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Venus wrote:Well, people from spain should just watch the superior LA spanish dubbed version of Dragon Ball Super, once Blue-Rays are getting out.
Most likely this will never happen since the piracy is huge in Latin America.