Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:23 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
emperior wrote:The episode has aired.
It was so good to see all our characters back with their voices.
They made a tribute to our Goku at the beginning of the episode with the Kamehameha (onda energetica in italy) he fired against Kid Buu as a SS3.
I don't really like the new Goku but at least it's dubbed by a very expert dubber. It sounds too manly, in fact it's the same voice of Kakashi from Naruto. Beerus is Beerus. Is voice is awesome as well as Whis'
They also decided to keep our old dub terms (and I'm extremely happy of it): Kamehameha = Onda Energetica, Ox King = Giuma, so I think by consequence it will be as always with Krillin being Crili, Piccolo being Junior (makes sense as Piccolo means "little" in Italy, Yamcha = Yamco, Tenshinan = Tensing, Chaozu = Rif (yeah it's strange ahah)

I don't think there are other things to mention, as of now EP1 had all old voices except for Goku and *maybe* fused Kaioshin, I think he also changed voice but I'm not sure.
Nice resume, thank you!
Happy they used old dub terms? Why? I'm happy france changed most for Kai and the movies.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:23 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
They made a tribute to our Goku at the beginning of the episode with the Kamehameha (onda energetica in italy) he fired against Kid Buu as a SS3.
I don't really like the new Goku but at least it's dubbed by a very expert dubber. It sounds too manly, in fact it's the same voice of Kakashi from Naruto. Beerus is Beerus. Is voice is awesome as well as Whis'
They also decided to keep our old dub terms (and I'm extremely happy of it): Kamehameha = Onda Energetica, Ox King = Giuma, so I think by consequence it will be as always with Krillin being Crili, Piccolo being Junior (makes sense as Piccolo means "little" in Italy, Yamcha = Yamco, Tenshinan = Tensing, Chaozu = Rif (yeah it's strange ahah)

I don't think there are other things to mention, as of now EP1 had all old voices except for Goku and *maybe* fused Kaioshin, I think he also changed voice but I'm not sure.
Is there any website where I can see the episode?

There's a facebook page called Dragon Ball Super Italia that has uploaded it
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:44 am

You better edit that post and take it to PM so you wont get in trouble with the mods...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Maraudos

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy

Post by Maraudos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:10 am

thegamer23 wrote:That's great news, expecially with the return of the old voice acting cast wich was amazing.

Can't wait for the openings, those are the DB, DBZ & GT ones. I loved them

DB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHMJHqb5Iug
DBZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBwtHMg5OvQ
GT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwMokUKM6A0
Giorgio Vanni, the singer of the previous three Italian openings uploaded his Dragon Ball Super opening on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPLe-eQQrQ.

Now this is weird. I doubt they will ever use it or planned to use it as the actual opening because "kamehameha" is not an Italian dub term, and they have used the original Japanese intro (untranslated) for the first episode.

Nevertheless, very interesting to listen to what the Italian original opening would have sounded like.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:29 am

sangofe wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:

Nice resume, thank you!
Happy they used old dub terms? Why? I'm happy france changed most for Kai and the movies.

Some people in Italy don't like it but most of us grew up with those terms. When I was a kid it used to bother me that Kamehameha was Onda Energetica in Italy (as I played the videogames and preferred Kamehameha) but now I've grown fond of our dub terms as those are what I grew up with.
I can't hear someone call "Junior" Piccolo in an Italian dub. For me he's Junior. RoF and BoG were dubbed by another team who are 100% faithful to the japanese terms, so Gohan calls Piccolo mister Piccolo. While it may be true to the original, it's not something people in Italy do. In japanese Gohan uses Piccolo-sama out of respect, in Italy there are other ways to show respect to someone when talking with him (Using the 3rd person, it's quite complicated to explain)

So I'm personally very happy DBS feels like a true sequel to the show I watched as a kid.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:13 pm

One of the comments to the Giorgio Vanni song on Youtube said that Toei told that all international versions of the anime would have been FORCED to keep the original opening.
Is there any confirm about this info?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Gig wrote:One of the comments to the Giorgio Vanni song on Youtube said that Toei told that all international versions of the anime would have been FORCED to keep the original opening.
Is there any confirm about this info?
No. There are dubs of it namely in the Portuguese version and I think the Hebrew dub.

Edit: are there clips online of this dub?

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Maraudos wrote:Giorgio Vanni, the singer of the previous three Italian openings uploaded his Dragon Ball Super opening on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPLe-eQQrQ.
Phew... I appreciate the effort, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original three openings :roll:
I know he likes to include some bits of English, but he's really gone overboard this time :lol:
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:06 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
Maraudos wrote:Giorgio Vanni, the singer of the previous three Italian openings uploaded his Dragon Ball Super opening on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPLe-eQQrQ.
Phew... I appreciate the effort, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original three openings :roll:
I know he likes to include some bits of English, but he's really gone overboard this time :lol:
Well, he's not paid and this is done illegally... So...

Maraudos

Post by Maraudos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:28 pm

sangofe wrote: Edit: are there clips online of this dub?
If you are referring to the opening no, because in Italy it's not dubbed, unlike in Portugal and in Israel. Mediaset went from entirely rewriting every single anime opening to simply putting original openings in Japanese.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Maraudos wrote:
If you are referring to the opening no, because in Italy it's not dubbed, unlike in Portugal and in Israel. Mediaset went from entirely rewriting every single anime opening to simply putting original openings in Japanese.
No I'm referring to the episode I thought aired.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:58 pm

sangofe wrote:
Maraudos wrote:
No I'm referring to the episode I thought aired.
I've seen some on YouTube, you'll probably find something if you search " Dragon Ball Super episodio 1 italia"
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:02 am

Maraudos wrote:Giorgio Vanni, the singer of the previous three Italian openings uploaded his Dragon Ball Super opening on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPLe-eQQrQ
I call BS on using GT footage, footage from JP Final Chapters raws (complete with clock in the top left corner) and the use of "Kamehameha" when it isn't what the Italian dub uses.Granted, I'm not Italian, it's possible that some Italians could find these goofs excusable (Use of Kai and Final Chapters OP/ED footage is acceptable since I don't think either of them aired in Italy).edit: On another note, if that's the "official" Italian DB Super theme, then what is this?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Maraudos

Post by Maraudos » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:36 am

Danfun64 wrote:
Maraudos wrote:Giorgio Vanni, the singer of the previous three Italian openings uploaded his Dragon Ball Super opening on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPLe-eQQrQ
I call BS on using GT footage, footage from JP Final Chapters raws (complete with clock in the top left corner) and the use of "Kamehameha" when it isn't what the Italian dub uses.Granted, I'm not Italian, it's possible that some Italians could find these goofs excusable (Use of Kai and Final Chapters OP/ED footage is acceptable since I don't think either of them aired in Italy).edit: On another note, if that's the "official" Italian DB Super theme, then what is this?
No doubt about those footages and openings being unofficial (and the one you linked is sooo bad :P). However, it is quite weird that Mediaset decided to use the Japanese opening if Giorgio Vanni had one ready. They probably did not even ask him because the return on investing in an original opening seems quite low. However, Giorgio Vanni's video is trending on Youtube and people are spamming Italia 1's Facebook page asking to use it as the official opening. They will never do it, although this shows that many fans still care about the opening.

By the way, the first episode had a share of 8.8%, which is quite good considering that the time slot (1.45 pm) is good for grade-school students but not so much for older fans. As a matter of fact, many fans are asking Italia 1 for on-demand streaming possibilities or to switch to a time slot in the evening.

On the quality of the dub, I would say it is outstanding. Some people have pointed out some mistakes in the translation, but the dub itself is outstanding. Goku's voice actor has an incredible control of his voice, so he can effectively go from a serious tone to a playful one. Which is excellent for his future role as Goku Black as well. Beerus' voice actor is also very good, although I'm still not sure if his timbre matches the character well enough. The rest of the cast is amazing. Totally worth rewatching.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:49 pm

Danfun64 wrote: On another note, if that's the "official" Italian DB Super theme, then what is this?
Fanmade.
There are a number of them ("Official" is like "my official version").
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Haven't heard Italian dub since I was a kid but I love Giorgio Vanni's OPs.

I think his OPs are the BEST out of any language. If people haven't heard them, you're really missing out.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:21 pm

I know! My favorite Giorgio Vanni opening is Io Credo En Me from Naruto.

Io Credo En Me, Nel cuore Mio...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:41 pm

DragonHermit wrote:Haven't heard Italian dub since I was a kid but I love Giorgio Vanni's OPs.

I think his OPs are the BEST out of any language. If people haven't heard them, you're really missing out.
Tastes are tastes.
No discussion about.

GIORGIO VANNI track it's a DECLARED clickbait to lure in the DBS trail, with 15 years old rythm, senseless words (really they are embarassing and out of context) and doesn't have any, ANY of the greatest openings of once.
I know there's a lotta kid here born in '90, so they grew up with that Vanni disco stuff, but for those who really want to have example of what we can do..

The real singer you had to listen to is ENZO DRAGHI.
https://youtu.be/SUQbr_RZHXE

Or CAVALIERI DEL RE
https://youtu.be/-izOayNsVKk

Or ROBERTO FOGU ("Fogus")
https://youtu.be/Yfo9D93eU8M

so I'm almost happy Vanni didn't touched Super.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:10 am

Personally, i think the Vanni's theme for Super is really bad, i'm glad they choose the original!
Btw, here the ratings of the first 3 episodes in Italy!

Episode 01 / 12.23.16 - 8,7% (7,9% in Japan)
Episode 02 / 12.24.16 - 8,0% (5,6% in Japan)
Episode 03 / 12.25.16 - 7,6% (7,0% in Japan)

Source: http://dragonballteamsaiyan.forumfree.it/?t=73463132
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:31 am

Kouga wrote:Personally, i think the Vanni's theme for Super is really bad, i'm glad they choose the original!
Btw, here the ratings of the first 3 episodes in Italy!

Episode 01 / 12.23.16 - 8,7% (7,9% in Japan)
Episode 02 / 12.24.16 - 8,0% (5,6% in Japan)
Episode 03 / 12.25.16 - 7,6% (7,0% in Japan)

Source: http://dragonballteamsaiyan.forumfree.it/?t=73463132
Hi. Know where I could download tv records of the dub :-)?