Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super air on Italy [UPDATE]

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Ahahah! It ends that we got more merchandise than Japan itself XD.

The REAL good sign is those brands are buying licenses and do their products, it's not only import and distribution.
That could lead to exclusives, like collectable small figures (actually lacking), card games and other mass products.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:49 pm

I really hope they will release DB Super Lamincards. The Z and GT ones are legendary, almost everyone collected those. They were extremely popular.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Kouga wrote:Toyotaro will be in Italy at Napoli Comicon (in Naples) this may for promote DBS manga! :clap:
Source: http://www.starcomics.com/news-item.aspx?News=19698
Okay. I'm excited. Plenty excited.
Definitely, definitely gonna find, bring him a shit ton of things to sign and then ask him for clarifications on the dilemmas of the Buu saga and Dragon Ball Super.

Other Italians wanting to tag along for the yearly Comicon?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 pm

That's AWESOME. I hope Toyotaro comes to Latin America too!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:
Kouga wrote:Toyotaro will be in Italy at Napoli Comicon (in Naples) this may for promote DBS manga! :clap:
Source: http://www.starcomics.com/news-item.aspx?News=19698
Okay. I'm excited. Plenty excited.
Definitely, definitely gonna find, bring him a shit ton of things to sign and then ask him for clarifications on the dilemmas of the Buu saga and Dragon Ball Super.

Other Italians wanting to tag along for the yearly Comicon?
What dilemma are you talking about?

I would ask him about Toriyama's outlines (how basic they are), if the new Trunks transformation is Toei's idea, if it was Toriyama's idea to have a female LSSJ and why he didn't use Kaio-Ken during the U6 tournament.
He probably won't be able to reply to all of these, but I'm quite sure he won't be allowed to disclose information such as if he or Toei are going to start writing stories after this arc instead of Toriyama.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Please people consider that if you ask ME about a comic or book I wrote (and it's MY product too), I can't answer exactly on everything and the reply I can give was just to have you satisfied on the moment. It happened to me to products no far than 6 months..
And Toyotaro DECIDE NOTHING, he just draw what's called for.
"Marron is born year 1232.54 or year 12443,54b in february?"
That's a question no one can reply on the fly, they are not FANDOM, they are professionals that work on other people schedule.
It's like asking a World of Worldcraft artist how much exp you need to go from lvl 15 to 16... "Read it in the guide, I don't know!", it's the obvious reply. And you put him in great difficulty, something that really hit japanese people.

That's to catch a great chance. Ask him something about his work flux (something he know perfectly, it's his daily routine), instead of things he can't reply.

(in italiano: non andate a rompergli le scatole su dilemmi della trama, non li sa e comunque non decide lui! Meglio chiedere come viene realizzato il prodotto, quello lo sa perfettamente)
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:54 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:Please people consider that if you ask ME about a comic or book I wrote (and it's MY product too), I can't answer exactly on everything and the reply I can give was just to have you satisfied on the moment. It happened to me to products no far than 6 months..
And Toyotaro DECIDE NOTHING, he just draw what's called for.
"Marron is born year 1232.54 or year 12443,54b in february?"
That's a question no one can reply on the fly, they are not FANDOM, they are professionals that work on other people schedule.
It's like asking a World of Worldcraft artist how much exp you need to go from lvl 15 to 16... "Read it in the guide, I don't know!", it's the obvious reply. And you put him in great difficulty, something that really hit japanese people.

That's to catch a great chance. Ask him something about his work flux (something he know perfectly, it's his daily routine), instead of things he can't reply.

(in italiano: non andate a rompergli le scatole su dilemmi della trama, non li sa e comunque non decide lui! Meglio chiedere come viene realizzato il prodotto, quello lo sa perfettamente)
I agree with you. But he's already talked about Toriyama's outline, so it's safe to say he should be able to say more about it. But he's never going to tell people what will happen in the story, and he won't talk about power levels. I don't even think it will be easy to go to him and ask questions. Though if someone wants to try, why not. But we will 99% be replying "Sorry, can't tell you about that" to all the people asking him questions. It's much more probable he will receive some questions before hand, which will also go through his editors, and he will then answer them live in front of everyone at Comicon (with pre-fixed answers)

Your question is actually quite interesting, he will probably tell us more in the future about his workload and schedule.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:45 pm

emperior wrote:I really hope they will release DB Super Lamincards. The Z and GT ones are legendary, almost everyone collected those. They were extremely popular.
Unfortunately Edibas, the society that produced Lamincards, failed not so long ago... I really hope there will be new Dragon Ball cards anyways.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:18 pm

ciccioDM wrote:
emperior wrote:I really hope they will release DB Super Lamincards. The Z and GT ones are legendary, almost everyone collected those. They were extremely popular.
Unfortunately Edibas, the society that produced Lamincards, failed not so long ago... I really hope there will be new Dragon Ball cards anyways.
I'm sure Panini will do something about, he does for the other series.
There's also Dolci Preziosi, so ... pieno di carte con le caramelle dai tabaccai (sorry, I didn't know how to spell it in english :lol: ).

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:11 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
ciccioDM wrote:
I'm sure Panini will do something about, he does for the other series.
There's also Dolci Preziosi, so ... pieno di carte con le caramelle dai tabaccai (sorry, I didn't know how to spell it in english :lol: ).
I hope so! Panini already did Dragon Ball Antonologia (do you rememeber them? Those with SSJ4 Goku on the cover), some sticker collections and, right now, card games in America.
SPEREM

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:25 am

Yesterday at Cartoomics (a comic convention in Milan), Emanuela Pacotto, Bulma's italian voice, revealed that new episodes of Super are now in dubbing process and will be transmitted after summer on Italia1, maybe in september.

Source: http://www.animeclick.it/news/63295-dra ... vi-episodi

A rumor emerged online say "from episode 28 to episode 67", but it's still unconfirmed at the moment.
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:26 pm

An interview to Toei Animation Europe and Starbright Licensing, apparently made in January, has been published today!

http://www.licensingitalia.it/news/Drag ... ensing.php

They talk about merchandising, confirming "Back to school" items, Activity and Colouring Books, QSR Promotions (things like Happy Meal, apparently), food, shoes, apparel and figurines, which are probably coming between autumn and 2018.
They also talk about how Toei's focusing primarily on Italy (Dragon Ball Super, here, had an even higher Share rating than in Japan!).

With the interview being from January, the "videogame" which they are referring at the end is Dragon Ball Fusions.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:05 pm

It's good to know Dragon Ball in Italy is ranked very high by Toei. I'm quite sad new episodes will air only after the summer, but at least they will probably re-air it from episode 1 to 67. From episode 28 to 67 the serie is pretty strong, people will love it here in Italy. Now, if only Toei actually fixed the bad art more, and most notably episode 24 and 33 which would also need an animation fix, then it would be even more of a success, but that's a complain that's true not only in Italy, but worldwide. Unfortunately not even kids are that blind to notice how much episode 33 sucked, and the bad art is easily recognizable all throughout Super.

And here in Italy they should use Giorgio Vanni's song to ensure Super is more successful. Are Toei stupid or what? Giorgio Vanni's songs have had an incredible influence on the franchise success here in Italy, I would even say they are as important to Dragon Ball as Goku is.
Using the japanese songs won't just do it, no one will be singing them - especially the kids, their target audience.

Slightly off-topic, but I made a custom version of the opening with the italian song, tv version length

I would say it's definitely better than what Giorgio Vanni used considering he put SSJ4 Vegeta in his video.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:45 pm

emperior wrote:I would say it's definitely better than what Giorgio Vanni used considering he put SSJ4 Vegeta in his video.
He also put the Shadow Dragons in that video IIRC. Funny thing, while the Shadow Dragons worked well as a final boss in the Old Toei/GT timeline, and maybe still would have been affective if the Battle of Gods movie was the only new material not counting the JSAT special and Episode of Bardock, Resurrection 'F' onwards, and especially with the introduction of Zen-Oh, the only way they wouldn't be underwhelming is if they were spawned from the Super Dragon Balls instead of Earth's Dragon Balls.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:15 pm

(despite that song that REALLY sucks...)

They didn't fix stuff as this is a chance to sell more blue-rays for fans that want "the perfect thing". That doesn't mean they do stuff wrong on a purpose, but they need to monetize again those retouches, and selling blue-rays it's how they do it.
MAYBE they can sell the rights to air that edition directly, if my memory serve me well this happened for some Dynit serie, but for an higher cost.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:07 am

ChronoTwigger wrote:(despite that song that REALLY sucks...)

They didn't fix stuff as this is a chance to sell more blue-rays for fans that want "the perfect thing". That doesn't mean they do stuff wrong on a purpose, but they need to monetize again those retouches, and selling blue-rays it's how they do it.
MAYBE they can sell the rights to air that edition directly, if my memory serve me well this happened for some Dynit serie, but for an higher cost.
I don't quite get what you're saying, I'm 100% sure that in Italy they aired the blu-rays of Super.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 am

Apparently, they've started selling easter eggs!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Today or tomorrow I'll try to find one. Seems like there is a colorable puzzle inside. (screenshot is not mine)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku98
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goku98 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Unfortunately yesterday is died the italian voice actress of kid Trunks Monica Bonetto at only 53 years. She voicing him in all Dragon Ball Z (movies included) and the first 27 episodes of Dragon Ball Super. It's really a bad news for us italian fans :cry: R.I.P Monica

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Goku98 wrote:Unfortunately yesterday is died the italian voice actress of kid Trunks Monica Bonetto at only 53 years. She voicing him in all Dragon Ball Z (movies included) and the first 27 episodes of Dragon Ball Super. It's really a bad news for us italian fans :cry: R.I.P Monica
Really bad news, she was just so good! She really nailed Kid Trunks...
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Goku98 wrote:Unfortunately yesterday is died the italian voice actress of kid Trunks Monica Bonetto at only 53 years. She voicing him in all Dragon Ball Z (movies included) and the first 27 episodes of Dragon Ball Super. It's really a bad news for us italian fans :cry: R.I.P Monica
How did she die?