"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:38 pm

I see no harm in one Ocean actor voicing a throw away character.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:52 pm

So dubbed episodes 1 through 39 are currently available for purchase on the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/t ... 6kgwxq4b8t
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:48 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:So dubbed episodes 1 through 39 are currently available for purchase on the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/t ... 6kgwxq4b8t
And the Universe 6 episodes have the dub errors fixed but I guess in order to make people buy the Part 3 Blu-ray, they left in the Toonami versions of the OP and EDs in the Universe 6 episodes rather than changing them to the full ones. Oh well, they'll probably be updated when the Blu-ray comes out to have the full OP and EDs. In addition to the dub fixes they also have the NEPs in the Universe 6 episodes, so that's cool. As for the first 26 episodes, they are the Blu-ray masters so the OP and EDs are in full on those and they include their dub fixes and NEPs as well
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 pm

...You are going to need this Puar.

"Gives Flame Shield and runs for the hills"

LOL
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:59 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:So dubbed episodes 1 through 39 are currently available for purchase on the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/t ... 6kgwxq4b8t
And the Universe 6 episodes have the dub errors fixed but I guess in order to make people buy the Part 3 Blu-ray, they left in the Toonami versions of the OP and EDs in the Universe 6 episodes rather than changing them to the full ones. Oh well, they'll probably be updated when the Blu-ray comes out to have the full OP and EDs. In addition to the dub fixes they also have the NEPs in the Universe 6 episodes, so that's cool. As for the first 26 episodes, they are the Blu-ray masters so the OP and EDs are in full on those and they include their dub fixes and NEPs as well
It still confuses the hell out of me why they don't post the episodes & previous movies to iTunes as well. Do they hate money?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 pm

MR.Mark wrote:I see no harm in one Ocean actor voicing a throw away character.
for nostalgic reasons i understand but other then that. for the wide audience it will say nothing. only the loyal dub fans will recognize it. its a filler mini arc and one of the worst episodes of the dragon ball franchise ever anyway so i see no point to invest money on it.
1-39? thats kinda strange because the champa arc ended on 41. people who arnt fans of the show and will buy it may be screwd when they will realize it ended before the actual arc ended.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 pm

puar wrote:
for nostalgic reasons i understand but other then that. for the wide audience it will say nothing. only the loyal dub fans will recognize it. its a filler mini arc and one of the worst episodes of the dragon ball franchise ever anyway so i see no point to invest money on it.
1-39? thats kinda strange because the champa arc ended on 41. people who arnt fans of the show and will buy it may be screwd when they will realize it ended before the actual arc ended.
Well, 39 is where the next Part set is expected to cut off so it makes sense if you go by that.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Dpc292 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:If we get Jiren and Toppo as DLC in FighterZ, we should hear the voices for them early. I can see John Michael Tatum voicing Jiren since he could do the silent, but powerful voice for the role.
Lanipator should voice toppo.
I still think Chris Sabat is the perfect choice for Toppo. He has yet to voice any new original characters in Super yet.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Dpc292 wrote:
Scsigs wrote: It's not over. The home releases came out, but the airings of it aren't done. The Final Chapters still has 27 episodes left to go before it's completely done. Where have YOU been?
...oh...I thought I heard it ended months ago.
The home releases are, but not the TV airings.
Dpc292 wrote:I wonder when they’re gonna give team four star character s on the show, and when they do, who do you all think will they play on the show?
Except...Toei hates TFS, especially relating to anything DB-related. They wouldn't even let their tongue-in-cheek dub jabbing the older Z dub in Kai, do you really think they'd allow them in anything after Sabat tried to pull a fast one there?
...yes...yes I would...because this Is AMERICA DAMN IT!!!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Dpc292 wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Dpc292 wrote: ...oh...I thought I heard it ended months ago.
Dpc292 wrote:I wonder when they’re gonna give team four star character s on the show, and when they do, who do you all think will they play on the show?
Except...Toei hates TFS, especially relating to anything DB-related. They wouldn't even let their tongue-in-cheek dub jabbing the older Z dub in Kai, do you really think they'd allow them in anything after Sabat tried to pull a fast one there?
All right, Trump, calm down. FUNimation still has to keep their licensees happy if they wanna continue to dub their shows & movies.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Dpc292 wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Dpc292 wrote: ...oh...I thought I heard it ended months ago.
TFS is aweful. i never understood their fame. they arnt funny in the least and i dont get why they are famous at all. why people love them. they are annoying as hell also and very very smug of their work

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 pm

puar wrote:TFS is aweful. i never understood their fame. they arnt funny in the least and i dont get why they are famous at all. why people love them. they are annoying as hell also and very very smug of their work
Wrong thread, mate.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:54 pm

puar wrote:
Exactly, aslong as it's well dubbed it doesi'nt matter who voices copy Vegeta, so that's the whole point. It would only be a bunous to diehard fans and casual won't care either way. So again, there's no harm.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:22 pm

puar wrote:TFS is awful. i never understood their fame. they aren't funny in the least and i don't get why they are famous at all. why people love them. they are annoying as hell also and very very smug of their work
You REALLY don't understand their popularity? Really? I get humor being subjective, but come on. Maybe you take them too seriously, or you take Dragon Ball too seriously. Either way, you need to take a chill pill. Theirs is a parody series that's probably the best-produced alongside Yugioh Abridged. Yeah, there's stuff that's annoying that they put into the series, but it's all about how they interpreted the characters the way they did that's brought that.
Also, are you sure you're not talking about their fans? I can certainly understand their fandom being annoying to have to deal with, but I've never seen them be "smug" about their work. Proud, yeah. Smug, no.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Dpc292 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:If we get Jiren and Toppo as DLC in FighterZ, we should hear the voices for them early. I can see John Michael Tatum voicing Jiren since he could do the silent, but powerful voice for the role.
I still think Chris Sabat is the perfect choice for Toppo. He has yet to voice any new original characters in Super yet.
I don't think he wants to voice any new characters if he can avoid, he knows he does too many as it is. If nothing else, he wouldn't voice another major character like Toppo.

Isn't Patrick Seitz the other guy they get for those big gruff roles? I could see him doing a good Toppo.

That being said, I like the idea of them carrying on the theme with Zamasu of casting people who were in inferior projects to redeem themselves by appearing in the proper dub. With that in mind, I want Lex Lang for Toppo and Steve Blum for Jiren! It's okay, you wouldn't have to spend that much on him, he's only got like five lines.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:16 am

Finally got around to watching the new episode, it was pretty good performance all around, I wasn't entirely convinced when I first saw the little teaser for Zeno, but damn that's a great voice, I think I easily prefer it to the Japanese.

Dreading having to watch the next episode, having Goku reduced to a complete fucking imbelice is going to be hard to watch.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:49 am

Trailer for this week indicates that the episode will be hysterical.

But more importantly than that, I'm looking forward to episode 43 :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:03 am

shadowmaria wrote:Trailer for this week indicates that the episode will be hysterical.

But more importantly than that, I'm looking forward to episode 43 :lol:
Yeah these next two episodes are some of my favourite of the arc.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Dpc292 wrote:
I think he'd be good, but at the same time it would probably wind up sounding too close to his Vegeta and Piccolo (which are already too close, seriously I feel like I can see Chris Sabat talking to himself every time the two of them interact).

I think Jamieson Price would be THE PERFECT choice for Toppo.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 pm

Asura wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Dpc292 wrote: Lanipator should voice toppo.
I think he'd be good, but at the same time it would probably wind up sounding too close to his Vegeta and Piccolo (which are already too close, seriously I feel like I can see Chris Sabat talking to himself every time the two of them interact).

I think Jamieson Price would be THE PERFECT choice for Toppo.
Sabat's All Might's voice would work very well with Toppo.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/