"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm still not happy about it we should be on episode 49 or 50 which is the black arc. We would of been if not for their stupid holiday marathons and April Fools BS!!!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Guys, Today is the day! The Copy Vegeta episode is coming out tonight and I'm very excited!
This would be a quite weird post by the time this episode was originally released :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Next week, we get to hear Eric Vale grunt.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:FUNi uploaded a clip:
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/9 ... 5553858560
This is so nostalgic and surreal at the same time. Hearing that voice takes me way back....never did I ever think I'd hear Brian Dummond voicing Vegeta in the show again.

While I always did enjoy this little arc I think a lot of people will find it far more palatable now.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:Next week, we get to hear Eric Vale grunt.
The week after, actually.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:06 am

Scsigs wrote:
Unless they're taking another break, it is next week. There's a stinger for the next arc at the end of episode 46 where you see Trunks running away from something, which is what he meant about hearing Eric Vale grunt.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 am

I just want to see Episode 47 already. The Future Trunks arc is the most fun I've had watching Dragon Ball in such a long time, and I want to re-experience it all in the English dub.

Even though I'm not too fond of this mini arc, seeing Brian Drummond playing Copy Vegeta has my all giddy. Loved the way he yelled "Galick Gun".

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:12 am

loved the return of gotenks. too bad this episode was garbage just like the next one. weve got now 2 weeks of pure hell untill we reach heaven. which is hearing eric vale. the best dragon ball voice actor again

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:16 am

OmegaRockman wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Unless they're taking another break, it is next week. There's a stinger for the next arc at the end of episode 46 where you see Trunks running away from something, which is what he meant about hearing Eric Vale grunt.
I see.
puar wrote:loved the return of gotenks. too bad this episode was garbage just like the next one. weve got now 2 weeks of pure hell untill we reach heaven. which is hearing eric vale. the best dragon ball voice actor again
In the words of Steve Miller Band, you've got to go through hell before you get to Heaven.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Hearing Brian's voice again was very nostalgic. I like both voices but I like Brian's voice as Vegeta slightly more than Chris'. Drummond's voice fits Vegeta's character more imo.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Son Vegito wrote:Hearing Brian's voice again was very nostalgic. I like both voices but I like Brian's voice as Vegeta slightly more than Chris'. Drummond's voice fits Vegeta's character more imo.
his voice fits an evil vegeta much more then a good vegeta. thats why he was perfect in the Saiyan and frieza sega but not after that

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:30 pm

I wonder by the time FUNImation gets into the Universal Survival arc they will make it epic as this dub edit of the fight between Goku and Android 17.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Noah wrote:I wonder by the time FUNImation gets into the Universal Survival arc they will make it epic as this dub edit of the fight between Goku and Android 17.
That's epic? I'd say its pretty mediocre actually.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:That's epic? I'd say its pretty mediocre actually.
Too bad for you then. I thought it was, voice edits were good so as the music placement
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 am

Found where Vegeta on the Part 3 BD was from:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Been bothering me for a while as I was sure I seen it somewhere before.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:01 am

Noah wrote:I wonder by the time FUNImation gets into the Universal Survival arc they will make it epic as this dub edit of the fight between Goku and Android 17.
Interesting thing is that I estimated the amount of episodes we should be getting dubbed this year and based on last year - About a month's worth of 4 episodes didn't air for reasons (Rick and Morty, marathons, etc). If 4 episodes don't air this year, then the year will end with the two-parter Android 17 episodes - at least I'm pretty sure this will be the case.

So yeah, ending the year by getting to hear Chuck Huber return as Android 17 will be a good way to close out 2018 in terms of dubbed Super. Still, we can't be sure the same thing will happen again with 4 episodes not airing based on what Adult Swim wants. Thing is, I don't think the April Fools thing will happen again because it doesn't fall on a Saturday this time.

So, if it's just 3 episodes this time - We might actually end on Episode 88 (Gohan and Piccolo training) OR if it's just 2 episodes, Episode 89 (Tien and Roshi recruitment) could make the end of the year. If I had to guess for sure, I'd say it will be 3 episodes due to April Fools not falling on a Saturday, two weeks in December being taken up, and for one unaccounted week. So yeah, my bet's on Episode 88 - which is awesome considering it's the episode that promises Gohan's return to glory in the new year (at least to dub fans because sub fans may not feel that way now, haha). So yeah, I just wasted my bored time speculating this......

EDIT: We still have no idea if once Kai ends or even just because Toonami feels like it if they'll start airing two Supers each week so that would drastically change how far we can get. Honestly, I'd prefer for them to just add My Hero Academia on to get it television exposure and give Super two-episodes out of one week in each month.

WitlessMass

Post by WitlessMass » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:07 pm

So I just finished watching DBZ KAI: TFC and started watching the Super FuniDub for the first time. Is it just me or the audio for the voices seems a bit off? Especially Goku's?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 am

WitlessMass wrote:So I just finished watching DBZ KAI: TFC and started watching the Super FuniDub for the first time. Is it just me or the audio for the voices seems a bit off? Especially Goku's?
Are you watching via BDs? If not then a lot of tv rips for DBS have pretty bad audio.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
WitlessMass wrote:So I just finished watching DBZ KAI: TFC and started watching the Super FuniDub for the first time. Is it just me or the audio for the voices seems a bit off? Especially Goku's?
Are you watching via BDs? If not, then a lot of tv rips for DBS have pretty bad audio.
Well, the only audio things that people brought up with Kai: TFC is that the Blu-Rays have slightly-muffled sound effects for some reason part way into the first set that persist through the other 2, that then apparently got fixed for the TV airings. Super, I haven't heard anything bad either way.