"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
WitlessMass wrote:So I just finished watching DBZ KAI: TFC and started watching the Super FuniDub for the first time. Is it just me or the audio for the voices seems a bit off? Especially Goku's?
Are you watching via BDs? If not, then a lot of tv rips for DBS have pretty bad audio.
Well, the only audio things that people brought up with Kai: TFC is that the Blu-Rays have slightly-muffled sound effects for some reason part way into the first set that persist through the other 2, that then apparently got fixed for the TV airings. Super, I haven't heard anything bad either way.
Yeah I watched the Part 1 on BD a few months ago didn't notice a problem think it maybe a case of WitlessMass watching a bad tv rip.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 pm

one more week until we hear eric vale as turnks again. I'm so excited. eric vale is the best dragon ball voice actor ever. for me hes better then schemmel and sabat. hes perfect. i think hes the only voice actor that anyone can agree that is way better from his japanese counter-part.

however. I'm a bit worried. i know that dialouge changes arnt popular in dragon ball but some of the dialuge in the last episodes of the trunks arc. some of trunks speeches like with the mafuba and the final showdown against zamasu were quite terrible for me. i think they defienetly need some change

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:24 pm

No preview for 47 yet?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Noah wrote:No preview for 47 yet?
It'll be up after the episode airs. Patience a little bit longer I know we're all eager...!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 am

Words cannot describe my anticipation for the English dub for the Future Trunks arc. It's still my favourite arc of Super and one of my favourite arcs in all of Dragon Ball. I literally just watched Episode 46 live just to see that last scene with Future Trunks.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 am

Was hoping that it was more of a preview than a stinger, but can't wait for next week to see how Goku Black's base form voice has improved since Xenoverse 2.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:03 am

Is there anyway to watch the episodes after they air? Like Crunchyroll for the sub.
Feels over Reals.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 am

Oh shit guys! It's coming!

Brian Drummond as Copy Vegeta was a fun blast from the past, but now we about get to where shit's about to get real.
Caulifla best girl! :)

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... IYYRY3nso8

Here's the dub preview for the next dub episode. Trunks isn't as gravelly at least with that line. Will be interesting to hear how Black turns out

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:42 am

Hmm hes no where near as gravelly as in xenoverse which i like but he still seems to be 'darker', like a bit of. Christian bales batman. Not fully recapturing his old work but i get how hard that would be.

I'm curious how funi will handle the blue hair line in the dub. It still irks me that bulma would know him by that when he had violet/purple/silver hair last time.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 am

nato25 wrote:Hmm hes no where near as gravelly as in xenoverse which i like but he still seems to be 'darker', like a bit of. Christian bales batman. Not fully recapturing his old work but i get how hard that would be.

I'm curious how funi will handle the blue hair line in the dub. It still irks me that bulma would know him by that when he had violet/purple/silver hair last time.
Can we just assume at this point it's like Justice League Flashpoint, where there's ripples in the timeline as a result of the time travel used in this arc?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 am

I'm still VERY weary about the Trunks arc dub. Vale overacts damn near every line nowadays, and that preview didn't convince me otherwise. I'm not a fan of modern Vale, Sean has yet to prove himself as Black, and Zamasu in Xenoverse sounded horrendous. Not looking too good at the moment.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:26 am

ConfusedPhantom wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... IYYRY3nso8

Here's the dub preview for the next dub episode. Trunks isn't as gravelly at least with that line. Will be interesting to hear how Black turns out
wow! greater then i was expecting. eric vale is amazing as trunks. hes even better then his usual voice. his voice has sheer terror in it. this is so great. this is just what i imagined him sounding like. cant wait
I'm still VERY weary about the Trunks arc dub. Vale overacts damn near every line nowadays, and that preview didn't convince me otherwise. I'm not a fan of modern Vale, Sean has yet to prove himself as Black, and Zamasu in Xenoverse sounded horrendous. Not looking too good at the moment.
i think preety much everyone agrees that vale is way better then the japanese voice actor of trunks. i dont know what are you talking about. its the exect opposite. vale has improved a lot since his old trunks voice back in z and he sound way better now then he did back then

zamasu however. i doubt they can top his japanese voice.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:11 am

Vale sounds great! What a relief. Damn didn't get a teaser for Black. Oh well just another week to wait.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vale sounds great! What a relief. Damn didn't get a teaser for Black. Oh well just another week to wait.
Hopefully he sounds good, so we don't have hear 'Sean ruined Black' for the rest of time.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 am

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vale sounds great! What a relief. Damn didn't get a teaser for Black. Oh well just another week to wait.
Hopefully he sounds good, so we don't have hear 'Sean ruined Black' for the rest of time.
The logic of when people say that doesn't even make sense to me, considering the dub is not erasing the Japanese. The Japanese version will always exist.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 am

I'm really curious who they'll get to voice Future Mai! Colleen voices Young Mai, so I have a hunch she'll do Future Mai with her "Revenge of King Piccolo" voice.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:58 am

It was a fun ride having Drummond back for sure. If his Copy Vegeta is a teaser for what early Ocean Kai Vegeta will sound like I'm sold. I'm probably going to be rewatching this quite a bit as it may be a long time before we get more Canadian voices in Dragon Ball again.

Delighted we're moving on to the Future Trunks stuff now. That arc, while not perfect has enough redeeming qualities to justify a rewatch in English, and to finally hear how Goku Black and Zamasu will sound.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:It was a fun ride having Drummond back for sure. If his Copy Vegeta is a teaser for what early Ocean Kai Vegeta will sound like I'm sold. I'm probably going to be rewatching this quite a bit as it may be a long time before we get more Canadian voices in Dragon Ball again.

Delighted we're moving on to the Future Trunks stuff now. That arc, while not perfect has enough redeeming qualities to justify a rewatch in English, and to finally hear how Goku Black and Zamasu will sound.
How many episodes before Zamasu speaks? 5?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:11 am

RedHeat wrote:Is there anyway to watch the episodes after they air? Like Crunchyroll for the sub.
If you're in the U.S and have a cable subscription you can watch them on the adult swim website, otherwise FUNi will upload them in batches of 13 episodes a few weeks after the 13th episode of the batch has aired.