"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:03 pm

HeroR wrote:Even the Kai stuff had Goku forget that he can fly moments. Kai has filler, it just cut down on the amount Z had.

TFS used filler for some characters and characteristics, hence why Goku is so dumb even when they play up him being a hick. So the whole Super made 'canon' dumb Goku is absolute BS.

Goku's being gullible was play for laughs and was exaggerated for the sake of humor, but it was hardly 'cringe', especially when fans talked about the driving episode where Goku forgot where the gas paddle was.

You don't have to preach to me about 'filler' in Super since I agree, there is no real 'filler' in Super. But, a lot of the humor in any episode in Super do exaggerated character traits, but it done for humor and not meant to be taking completely seriously. Not to mention, Super doesn't directly follow the manga since it has stuff from Kai in it. So Super is a hybrid of the manga and parts of the Kai anime, taking from both when it wants to.
When did Goku forget he could fly in Kai? I don't remember any moment like that. And, yeah, Kai has filler, but none that actually matters (minus the Hell scenes because those made no sense to keep) & it's really minor stuff.

Sometimes TFS uses minor filler, but they cut the majority of it out that doesn't matter. I loved how they cut the Garlic Jr. stuff out by basically saying, "this filler is useless," by having Popo deal with it.

That's EXACTLY what TFS does all the time. Hence why I say Super's version of Goku is not far off from TFS Goku. The only difference is that I can't distinguish between parody Goku & canon Goku in this series after the first few arcs or so. And you can't tell me the writers or showrunners don't watch DBZA at least a little with how there are some slight subtle references in there (Popo, anyone?). And, yeah, it IS cringy when they try to do humor, but it doesn't land. Especially when it's humor that doesn't gel well with the rest of the episode. The humor with Beerus being in the Monaka suit, I can see why that was there. That's the kind of comedy I expect from that situation. Goku just assuming Monaka can duplicate himself is NOT good comedy to me because it both clashes with the humor already in the episode, but it can damage the view of the character, especially when you already know who Goku's character is/was. It's why I stopped liking Family Guy; too much flanderization from writers who don't get the characters.

Um, Super only uses Kai footage (which is actually just remastered Z footage) for quick flashbacks to certain events covered in that series. What did you expect them to do, reanimate those scenes. Yeah right, on their time & budget? No way. And the only time they DID reanimate something from Z (the scene where Trunks finds his timeline's Gohan dead), it completely ruined the moment because it didn't match up to what was in History of Trunk at all. I would've rather that special's footage be reused than them reanimating it in lesser quality. Anyways, they take some things from Z's filler, but not a lot. It's fully expected to follow the manga because it's adapting what Toriyama wrote, not any of the prior shows. Kai's animation was already completed in the 80s & 90s, so it saves on time & money to simply reuse the clips & voice recordings It's meant to follow the story of the manga, which is what Kai was edited together to do too. It can maybe make some things from Z canon in a whole new context, but the manga's story & version of events is what it's supposed to follow. I don't get how anyone couldn't have gotten that.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Scsigs wrote:And the only time they DID reanimate something from Z (the scene where Trunks finds his timeline's Gohan dead)
I'm highlighting this because this thread is beginning to go off-topic, but wanted to comment on this bit.

My little understanding of the 'up-scaling' (if you can call it that) of Z footage for Kai allows it to be usable for Super flashbacks. History of Trunks never had that kind of (expensive) treatment, and it was probably cheaper to do it the way they did

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:27 pm

Scsigs wrote:
HeroR wrote:Even the Kai stuff had Goku forget that he can fly moments. Kai has filler, it just cut down on the amount Z had.

TFS used filler for some characters and characteristics, hence why Goku is so dumb even when they play up him being a hick. So the whole Super made 'canon' dumb Goku is absolute BS.

Goku's being gullible was play for laughs and was exaggerated for the sake of humor, but it was hardly 'cringe', especially when fans talked about the driving episode where Goku forgot where the gas paddle was.

You don't have to preach to me about 'filler' in Super since I agree, there is no real 'filler' in Super. But, a lot of the humor in any episode in Super do exaggerated character traits, but it done for humor and not meant to be taking completely seriously. Not to mention, Super doesn't directly follow the manga since it has stuff from Kai in it. So Super is a hybrid of the manga and parts of the Kai anime, taking from both when it wants to.
When did Goku forget he could fly in Kai? I don't remember any moment like that. And, yeah, Kai has filler, but none that actually matters (minus the Hell scenes because those made no sense to keep) & it's really minor stuff.

Sometimes TFS uses minor filler, but they cut the majority of it out that doesn't matter. I loved how they cut the Garlic Jr. stuff out by basically saying, "this filler is useless," by having Popo deal with it.

That's EXACTLY what TFS does all the time. Hence why I say Super's version of Goku is not far off from TFS Goku. The only difference is that I can't distinguish between parody Goku & canon Goku in this series after the first few arcs or so. And you can't tell me the writers or showrunners don't watch DBZA at least a little with how there are some slight subtle references in there (Popo, anyone?). And, yeah, it IS cringy when they try to do humor, but it doesn't land. Especially when it's humor that doesn't gel well with the rest of the episode. The humor with Beerus being in the Monaka suit, I can see why that was there. That's the kind of comedy I expect from that situation. Goku just assuming Monaka can duplicate himself is NOT good comedy to me because it both clashes with the humor already in the episode, but it can damage the view of the character, especially when you already know who Goku's character is/was. It's why I stopped liking Family Guy; too much flanderization from writers who don't get the characters.

Um, Super only uses Kai footage (which is actually just remastered Z footage) for quick flashbacks to certain events covered in that series. What did you expect them to do, reanimate those scenes. Yeah right, on their time & budget? No way. And the only time they DID reanimate something from Z (the scene where Trunks finds his timeline's Gohan dead), it completely ruined the moment because it didn't match up to what was in History of Trunk at all. I would've rather that special's footage be reused than them reanimating it in lesser quality. Anyways, they take some things from Z's filler, but not a lot. It's fully expected to follow the manga because it's adapting what Toriyama wrote, not any of the prior shows. Kai's animation was already completed in the 80s & 90s, so it saves on time & money to simply reuse the clips & voice recordings It's meant to follow the story of the manga, which is what Kai was edited together to do too. It can maybe make some things from Z canon in a whole new context, but the manga's story & version of events is what it's supposed to follow. I don't get how anyone couldn't have gotten that.
Super may exaggerated some traits, but it isn't the main focused. Compared to TFS who take the worst traits of everyone, crank it over 20 to the point that several character got rewritten, and call it funny. Then fans pushed that Super is like TFS.

No, they don't. Why would Japanese writers give two shits about some English parody? And Popo being creepy was in Z, long before TFS was a thing.

While humor is subject, like you like TFS while I think they're overrated mess, 43 wasn't that cringy and it landed fine.

It isn't just Kai footage, certain filler from Kai is acknowledged like Ginyu taking Bulma's body or even Marron in a very subtile way, who wasn't even in Kai ironically. And who cares about History of Trunks which doesn't match the manga version.

Super takes from Kai and even some from Z, not just the original manga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:23 am

HeroR wrote:
Scsigs wrote:

Super may exaggerated some traits, but it isn't the main focused. Compared to TFS who take the worst traits of everyone, crank it over 20 to the point that several character got rewritten, and call it funny. Then fans pushed that Super is like TFS.

No, they don't. Why would Japanese writers give two shits about some English parody? And Popo being creepy was in Z, long before TFS was a thing.

While humor is subject, like you like TFS while I think they're overrated mess, 43 wasn't that cringy and it landed fine.

It isn't just Kai footage, certain filler from Kai is acknowledged like Ginyu taking Bulma's body or even Marron in a very subtile way, who wasn't even in Kai ironically. And who cares about History of Trunks which doesn't match the manga version.

Super takes from Kai and even some from Z, not just the original manga.
i agree TFS just arnt funny. and when i said they are smug. i mean masako X god this guy is annoying and smug as hell. and the worst part that other youtubers who dont know dragon ball immidiatly associate anything dragon ball with TFS. like how nostalgia critic (which is another annoying smug idiot) make a revivew to dragon ball evolution and he immidiatly invite masako X like hes the mascot of dragon ball or something

what i hate about TFS also is that their humor is not only not funny but its the kind of humuor that is smug and think its funny. trying to force you to laugh but it isnt. this is the kind of humor what i hate the most. like the wrriters loudly yelling at you ''laugh were funny laugh now. our humor is sofisticated and cool''

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:02 am

puar wrote:i agree TFS just aren't funny. and when i said they are smug. i mean Masako X god this guy is annoying and smug as hell. and the worst part that other youtubers who don't know dragon ball immediately associate anything dragon ball with TFS. like how nostalgia critic (which is another annoying smug idiot) make a review to dragon ball evolution and he immediately invite Masako X like he's the mascot of dragon ball or something

what i hate about TFS also is that their humor is not only not funny but its the kind of humor that is smug and think its funny. trying to force you to laugh but it isn't. this is the kind of humor what i hate the most. like the writers loudly yelling at you ''laugh were funny laugh now. our humor is sophisticated and cool''
Get some spell correct software or take a writing class, or something, because damn. And I thought TheSSUltimateGoku was a bad speller.

1. NO ONE said they weren't funny. I only brought up that the Super writers seemed to have put minor references to them in the show. That's it. Don't make shit up just to further your agenda of hating on them.

2. Masako X isn't smug. If you actually bothered to watch his content, he looks like a guy who loves Dragon Ball, voices Goku & Gohan in a parody, does let's plays sometimes, & makes Dragon Ball-related videos. He's not smug at all. He seems like a nice guy.

3. Who associates anything Dragon Ball related with TFS immediately? I'd think people would associate TFS with Dragon Ball before the other way around. You're most likely talking about a minority in the Dragon Ball fandom & not the majority or a significant part.

4. The Nostalgia Critic brought Masako in to do the review because he needed someone with an extensive knowledge of Dragon Ball to help him do the review, since neither Doug or Rob know a lot about the series. He also brought in Little Kuriboh & he only does a few voices for DBZ Abridged. He could've gone into the review just by himself, but no. He wanted to have the right people to help him out with the review. I don't see anything wrong with that. If anything, that's him being LESS smug than he's shown he can be. He did something similar in the past with watching every episode of Avatar before reviewing The Last Airbender to make sure he knew how bad that movie came out to be. If you think "smug" means "someone who reviews stuff or makes fun of stuff," you're sadly mistaken.
And while we're at this topic, what the hell do you expect? Do you expect Doug to try to get Sean Schemmel & Chris Sabat? No. It's a long staple of a LOT of internet shows to star people from the internet. He got Kyle Hebert to cameo as the narrator, but that was only that; a cameo. He's had some celebrity cameos in the past, like Greg Sistero from The Room, Don Bluth, Rob Paulsen & Maurice LaMarche, & Dante Basco. In terms of internet people, he's had Taka, Lani, & Kaiser make a cameo in an episode, Little Kuriboh did a cameo for his Ponyo review, Jon Bailey from Honest Trailers, Jeremy from CinemaSins, Andre the Black Nerd, many of his fellow Channel Awesome costars, & others have made cameos or guest appearances in his show. He mainly has internet people make the appearances. He's also friends with TFS, so I don't get why that's such a shock to you.
Grow up.

5. You actually think their humor's the kind of humor that begs for attention? HA! No. Teen Titans Go's humor is humor that begs for attention. Family Guy's current humor begs for attention. Their humor is what it is, whether you like it or not. It's the kind of humor that makes sense; i.e. making fun of the story, meta humor, & some jokes made just to be different from the normal situational humor. It's the kind of humor in Rick & Morty, Family Guy back when it was good, & in a lot of places in entertainment. Though I have some faults with how they handle some things, I find most of their humor consistently good. Yeah, humor is subjective, but it's more good than bad.
And you say THEY'RE smug? Would smug people try to actively make their material better? Would smug people hire 2 critics to help them write the show (Kirran & Grant)? I've been watching the show consistently since 2012 & I never felt the humor was forced or smug. And just to bring it up, do you know what "smug" means? Because I don't think you know what it means. And even if they were, I think they kind of have the right to be a little self indulgent in thinking their work is really good, considering how widespread they've become since they started. Wouldn't YOU be proud if something you made became incredibly popular amongst a lot of people? I'd think you would. Also, the FANS can be annoying, but the people behind the show themselves never seem smug to me.

Just a word of advice, I suggest you move any complaints you may have to the TFS thread, because this isn't the place for discussing them. I only referenced them as a point of comparance of Super's writers & the TFS people. So, either move your comments to that thread, or stop complaining about them here. You're gonna get kicked out of here if you keep that up.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:32 am

Scsigs wrote:
puar wrote:i agree TFS just aren't funny. and when i said they are smug. i mean Masako X god this guy is annoying and smug as hell. and the worst part that other youtubers who don't know dragon ball immediately associate anything dragon ball with TFS. like how nostalgia critic (which is another annoying smug idiot) make a review to dragon ball evolution and he immediately invite Masako X like he's the mascot of dragon ball or something

what i hate about TFS also is that their humor is not only not funny but its the kind of humor that is smug and think its funny. trying to force you to laugh but it isn't. this is the kind of humor what i hate the most. like the writers loudly yelling at you ''laugh were funny laugh now. our humor is sophisticated and cool''
Get some spell correct software or take a writing class, or something, because damn. And I thought TheSSUltimateGoku was a bad speller.

1. NO ONE said they weren't funny. I only brought up that the Super writers seemed to have put minor references to them in the show. That's it. Don't make shit up just to further your agenda of hating on them.

2. Masako X isn't smug. If you actually bothered to watch his content, he looks like a guy who loves Dragon Ball, voices Goku & Gohan in a parody, does let's plays sometimes, & makes Dragon Ball-related videos. He's not smug at all. He seems like a nice guy.

3. Who associates anything Dragon Ball related with TFS immediately? I'd think people would associate TFS with Dragon Ball before the other way around. You're most likely talking about a minority in the Dragon Ball fandom & not the majority or a significant part.

4. The Nostalgia Critic brought Masako in to do the review because he needed someone with an extensive knowledge of Dragon Ball to help him do the review, since neither Doug or Rob know a lot about the series. He also brought in Little Kuriboh & he only does a few voices for DBZ Abridged. He could've gone into the review just by himself, but no. He wanted to have the right people to help him out with the review. I don't see anything wrong with that. If anything, that's him being LESS smug than he's shown he can be. He did something similar in the past with watching every episode of Avatar before reviewing The Last Airbender to make sure he knew how bad that movie came out to be. If you think "smug" means "someone who reviews stuff or makes fun of stuff," you're sadly mistaken.
And while we're at this topic, what the hell do you expect? Do you expect Doug to try to get Sean Schemmel & Chris Sabat? No. It's a long staple of a LOT of internet shows to star people from the internet. He got Kyle Hebert to cameo as the narrator, but that was only that; a cameo. He's had some celebrity cameos in the past, like Greg Sistero from The Room, Don Bluth, Rob Paulsen & Maurice LaMarche, & Dante Basco. In terms of internet people, he's had Taka, Lani, & Kaiser make a cameo in an episode, Little Kuriboh did a cameo for his Ponyo review, Jon Bailey from Honest Trailers, Jeremy from CinemaSins, Andre the Black Nerd, many of his fellow Channel Awesome costars, & others have made cameos or guest appearances in his show. He mainly has internet people make the appearances. He's also friends with TFS, so I don't get why that's such a shock to you.
Grow up.

5. You actually think their humor's the kind of humor that begs for attention? HA! No. Teen Titans Go's humor is humor that begs for attention. Family Guy's current humor begs for attention. Their humor is what it is, whether you like it or not. It's the kind of humor that makes sense; i.e. making fun of the story, meta humor, & some jokes made just to be different from the normal situational humor. It's the kind of humor in Rick & Morty, Family Guy back when it was good, & in a lot of places in entertainment. Though I have some faults with how they handle some things, I find most of their humor consistently good. Yeah, humor is subjective, but it's more good than bad.
And you say THEY'RE smug? Would smug people try to actively make their material better? Would smug people hire 2 critics to help them write the show (Kirran & Grant)? I've been watching the show consistently since 2012 & I never felt the humor was forced or smug. And just to bring it up, do you know what "smug" means? Because I don't think you know what it means. And even if they were, I think they kind of have the right to be a little self indulgent in thinking their work is really good, considering how widespread they've become since they started. Wouldn't YOU be proud if something you made became incredibly popular amongst a lot of people? I'd think you would. Also, the FANS can be annoying, but the people behind the show themselves never seem smug to me.

Just a word of advice, I suggest you move any complaints you may have to the TFS thread, because this isn't the place for discussing them. I only referenced them as a point of comparance of Super's writers & the TFS people. So, either move your comments to that thread, or stop complaining about them here. You're gonna get kicked out of here if you keep that up.
this thread is half dead anyway i dont see whats the problem with talking about TFS or other things just to make it more livly not every subject needs his own thread

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 am

puar wrote:this thread is half dead anyway i don't see whats the problem with talking about TFS or other things just to make it more lively not every subject needs his own thread
No, but TFS actually HAS their own thread in the "fan works" section of this site, if you bothered to look. Go there if you wanna discuss them. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7976, though I don't know if your words would be exactly welcome there.
And, I wouldn't consider this thread "half dead," considering there's active discussion on the dub castings & airings going on. It's just gotten to the point where we need to wait for either announcements, or new episodes, to discuss things. If this thread were half dead, it'd be the Kai thread.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 pm

So, does anyone have any idea when the dubbed episodes will be uploaded today? I just checked FunimationNow and there’s nothing. Is there a usual time that they post new content?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:So, does anyone have any idea when the dubbed episodes will be uploaded today? I just checked FunimationNow and there’s nothing. Is there a usual time that they post new content?
Their Facebook page said 4PM ET.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:05 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:
Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:So, does anyone have any idea when the dubbed episodes will be uploaded today? I just checked FunimationNow and there’s nothing. Is there a usual time that they post new content?
Their Facebook page said 4PM ET.
Thanks. :thumbup:

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:02 pm

As the dub is my favourite way to watch the show, I'm disappointed this thread isn't more vibrant.
I understand it's because it's so far back, and the only way that's going to improve is if Funimation can first off, produce more episodes - 2 a week short term may be feasible, perhaps 6 months or something, and then, we'd narrow the gap to the simulcast to just a year.

Again, right now, with breaks, Adult Swim/Toonami air 44 episodes a year, so no way Funimation/OkraTron could double that, but it'd be great if they could produce another 20 or so (I don't know how many they produce in a recording schedule) I know One Piece is recorded per home video release - 12 at a time so if it is similar, they would need to record an additional 5 per session to pull off a 6 month increase.

I'm sure all parties involved would want that to happen - Toonami's going to lose Kai in July, which up until Super came along, was their no. 1 ratings draw.
I just don't know if Funimation/OkraTron are able to produce any more than what they currently are.
It'll be interesting to see if anything happens when Kai finishes.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:As the dub is my favourite way to watch the show, I'm disappointed this thread isn't more vibrant.
I understand it's because it's so far back, and the only way that's going to improve is if Funimation can first off, produce more episodes - 2 a week short term may be feasible, perhaps 6 months or something, and then, we'd narrow the gap to the simulcast to just a year.

Again, right now, with breaks, Adult Swim/Toonami air 44 episodes a year, so no way Funimation/OkraTron could double that, but it'd be great if they could produce another 20 or so (I don't know how many they produce in a recording schedule) I know One Piece is recorded per home video release - 12 at a time so if it is similar, they would need to record an additional 5 per session to pull off a 6 month increase.

I'm sure all parties involved would want that to happen - Toonami's going to lose Kai in July, which up until Super came along, was their no. 1 ratings draw.
I just don't know if Funimation/OkraTron are able to produce any more than what they currently are.
I don't mind the dub being behind now that we're moving on to the good stuff, and it gives me time to save up for Blu-Rays, but I understand people's frustration.
DBZ_Lee wrote:It'll be interesting to see if anything happens when Kai finishes.
[spoiler]They could air all of Kai again, but this time using the Ocean dub :D[/spoiler]

In all honesty they will probably air GT as it would be the logical choice for where to go from EoZ.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:23 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:As the dub is my favourite way to watch the show, I'm disappointed this thread isn't more vibrant.

It's also because the scripts for the dub of super aren't exactly super accurate either and a step down from Kai

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:In all honesty they will probably air GT as it would be the logical choice for where to go from EoZ.
Maybe with a new dub of GT?
Caulifla best girl! :)

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 pm

sangofe wrote:

It's also because the scripts for the dub of super aren't exactly super accurate either and a step down from Kai

I feel its less of a problem with Super though since most of the dialog comes from the Toei staff instead of Toriyama.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:53 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:In all honesty they will probably air GT as it would be the logical choice for where to go from EoZ.
I'd like to think so, but realistically I can't see it happening. Would be nice though.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
I'd like to think so, but realistically I can't see it happening. Would be nice though.
Who'd wanna constantly hear Clinkenbeard as kid Goku, though? For me, it's Nadolny as kid Goku, or nothing when it comes to these dubs.

Maybe they'll get One Piece back to mirror the Japanese airings of the shows. I'd certainly like that as a substitution.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 pm

The "Zalama" error wasn't fixed but the "Vegeta saying Goku" and "Calm Kaio Ken" ones were fixed
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:57 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:The "Zalama" error wasn't fixed but the "Vegeta saying Goku" and "Calm Kaio Ken" ones were fixed
Rawly Pickens told me the Zuno quote was fixed, disappointing.

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Maybe with a new dub of GT?
Who'd wanna constantly hear Clinkenbeard as kid Goku, though? For me, it's Nadolny as kid Goku, or nothing when it comes to these dubs.

Maybe they'll get One Piece back to mirror the Japanese airings of the shows. I'd certainly like that as a substitution.
This. Nadolny's Goku was great and one of my favorite parts of the Dragon Ball dub. Not sure why Super didn't just reuse some of her audio for that flashback scene considering if someone was to watch Dragon Ball, it's Nadolny for every episode.