"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ironfist2020
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by ironfist2020 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:44 pm

was that damian mills doing both frieza and frost? ho and the ''get lost'' from jiren is all were gonna get until episode 110. sucks aint it?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm

ironfist2020 wrote:was that damian mills doing both frieza and frost? ho and the ''get lost'' from jiren is all were gonna get until episode 110. sucks aint it?
Guess you would have hated the original airing where Jiren only had one line between now and 110 - being that exact line -, and also that Frieza and Frost share a seiyuu in Japan

Except in the English dub, Frieza is voiced by Daman Mills / Christopher Ayres, and Frost is voiced by Greg Ayres

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:19 am

shadowmaria wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:was that damian mills doing both frieza and frost? ho and the ''get lost'' from jiren is all were gonna get until episode 110. sucks aint it?
Guess you would have hated the original airing where Jiren only had one line between now and 110 - being that exact line -, and also that Frieza and Frost share a seiyuu in Japan

Except in the English dub, Frieza is voiced by Daman Mills / Christopher Ayres, and Frost is voiced by Greg Ayres
i dont like jiren in general but I'm courious to hear his english voice.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:51 am

Nah, Jiren speaks in ep 100 (Kale) and ep 107 (Maji Kayo).

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 pm

Vic apology speech

https://youtu.be/SsTylbn74aQ

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:51 am

ironfist2020 wrote:Vic apology speech

https://youtu.be/SsTylbn74aQ
You don’t need to keep posting this in every thread. There is a thread dedicated to this conversation which someone had already posted a video of this in a while before you did.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:02 pm

So has Minogna did a good job dubbing Broly once more? Also did I read right or he raped someone? :wtf:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Noah wrote:So has Minogna did a good job dubbing Broly once more? Also did I read right or he raped someone? :wtf:
No that was supposedly Todd Haberkorn
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Noah wrote:So has Minogna did a good job dubbing Broly once more? Also did I read right or he raped someone? :wtf:
No, but he apparently HAS done other creepy or sus shit. There's an entire thread for it where you can find more info with his name as the title.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:33 am

Episode 97 was always one of My Favorite Episodes of the ToP arc and Funmiation did not waste any opportunities to showcase their voice actor talents here!

This episode Toei truly shined its writing talents and showed it could be anybodies game and other Universes fighting other Universes that where not just U7 vs. Everyone else. I always loved how we got to see Unique style fighters like Nappa and Lilibeu from U10 and their voice-work fit well with them. Lilibeu is such a Sweetheart and her English dub actress did a nice job voicing her. :angel:

The trolling banter between the GoDs and Kais of each universe between each other was nicely done and extremely funny at many times. :lol:

The Trio-De-Danger's Voice Actors are always Great, their laughing is flawless, their personas being voiced by these talents really shined again here and it is going to be a treat hearing them again going all out in the next episode, #98! 8)

Also, as a Universe 2 fan I enjoyed hearing Helas again talk about her girls during the Attack with Narirama, but more so I noticed small but nice changes of dialogue from the original as well that I like. :think:

Helas in the Funimation dub here Said "Brianne" and the Girls have not transformed yet instead of "Ribrianne" and the Girls from the original. I like nice little touch-ups like these since Brianne is still in her human form and it makes more sense for Helas to address her so as Brianne. Also Funmation added more character voices effects when Narirama hit them like with the U2 Girls and other fighters more then the original. I like that also cause it felt more hard hitting and cool to hear reactions by characters to such an extreme attack.

Little touches like these add so much to the show and characters, I like it when studios go the extra few inches like this, it shows they care about small but finer details about the work they put out! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:14 am

By the way, Patrick Seitz is still Jiren.
https://twitter.com/Grandpa_Trout/statu ... 7935175680.

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 am

I'm enjoying the new ending, anyone know who sings it?

SaiyanBlood102

Post by SaiyanBlood102 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm

With each week, I'm just anticipating for the dubbed episodes of 109 and 110. Arguably the best episodes of Super, in my opinion.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Scsigs wrote:No, but he apparently HAS done other creepy or sus shit. There's an entire thread for it where you can find more info with his name as the title.
The word you should have capitalized was supposedly, not has.

There's no evidence just hearsays. It's like people clinging on to hopes that Russia was working with US during the 2016 elections but to this day.. no proof.

Vic Mignogna was really unfortunate to be hit with the stalker-hate mob as they destroyed his career.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Scsigs wrote:No, but he apparently HAS done other creepy or sus shit. There's an entire thread for it where you can find more info with his name as the title.

There's no evidence just hearsays. It's like people clinging on to hopes that Russia was working with US during the 2016 elections but to this day. no proof.

Vic Mignogna was really unfortunate to be hit with the stalker-hate mob as they destroyed his career.
"Supposedly" is a synonym for "apparently," which I actually typed, so...no? And, capitalizing the word put emphasis on it. The sentence sounds right with "has" capitalized, my dude.

And, for the record, Vic DID do these things, but I'm of the stance that there was, largely, no malice in his intent for them. Per his own words, he got too comfortable with greeting people & he seemed to just be having fun with it, which then got misconstrued by some of the women he interacted with in those ways, who couldn't be bothered to tell him they were uncomfortable in the moment instead of post hoc. I'd say more about these specific accusations here, but then it's gonna involve a flamewar & the entire thread about this man & the accusations is already that & I'd prefer the general dub thread not become that, hence why I told the other guy about it.

The other thing I wanna say is that Vic HAS also apparently been a primadonna during recording sessions over the years, which HAS gotten him some enemies in the industry over the years & is easier to swallow than the other thing.

Also, what? No one's saying the US was working with Russia. People are saying TRUMP, or at least members of his team, was/were working with them. There's a TON of proof around that. Over the last year, a lot of his associates have been indicted for their business dealings with Russia & it was proven that Russia put out a TON of fake news ads on social media sites to confuse the general public in 2016 by making them mad at the other party. "No proof to this day" my ass.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:32 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:

There's no evidence just hearsays. It's like people clinging on to hopes that Russia was working with US during the 2016 elections but to this day.. no proof.

How about you shut the fuck up?

There is plenty of evidence for Vic's actions. What there is no evidence of is this false allegation bullshit that you're peddling

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:14 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:

There is plenty of evidence for Vic's actions. What there is no evidence of is this false allegation bullshit that you're peddling
You should be more polite. He is not wrong just because he disagree with you. Use arguments.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:26 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote: The word you should have capitalized was supposedly, not has.

You should be more polite. He is not wrong just because he disagree with you. Use arguments.
This is a serious issue, and he's part of the problem.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:31 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: How about you shut the fuck up?

This is a serious issue, and he's part of the problem.
About Vic's case, most of the allegations seems to be true, yes. But what happened with Monica Rial in the last two days made me think again about the entire stuff.

Anyway, there is already a thread for that, and since Funimation fired him, it's absolutely offtopic discussing this here. Vic Mignogna's misadventures are no longer related with Dragon Ball, or with the Funimation dub.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:42 pm

where is the thread? I haven't been able to find it