"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ironfist2020
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by ironfist2020 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:40 pm

look what i found :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVt81yaqv4s

i wish he used his broly voice on them

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:33 am

I'm so loving how Daman Mills is playing Frieza. His screams this episode were incredible, the dialogue was so Frieza like and scenes where the dialogue is sinister he adds that touch of deep evil into the voice making it sound so good.

Enjoyed the episode, for sure.

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Post by AzuraRacon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:46 am

Mills has definitely captured that element that makes Ayers own frieza, Clarke's Cell, and Marsters' Zamasu so great
He's just fun to listen to

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:37 am

AzuraRacon wrote:Mills has definitely captured that element that makes Ayers own frieza, Clarke's Cell, and Marsters' Zamasu so great

Right!? It was great. Lol, i saw on twitter someone posted a clip of the episode and praising it. Seems they used my specific words too when describing it haha.

Seriously though, Daman is really hitting the nail on the head so far. It's familiar but unique in its own way!

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:11 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
AzuraRacon wrote:Mills has definitely captured that element that makes Ayers own frieza, Clarke's Cell, and Marsters' Zamasu so great

Right!? It was great. Lol, i saw on twitter someone posted a clip of the episode and praising it. Seems they used my specific words too when describing it haha.

Seriously though, Daman is really hitting the nail on the head so far. It's familiar but unique in its own way!
hes better then ayers

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Oh yeah wait aren’t you the one that said the solid “evidence” of his innocence was just screenshots of him stroking his own ego and explaining how lovely he is? And heads up: Goku’s voice actor has been liking #KickVic tweets so... just food for thought!
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:44 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:Oh yeah wait aren’t you the one that said the solid “evidence” of his innocence was just screenshots of him stroking his own ego and explaining how lovely he is? And heads up: Goku’s voice actor has been liking #KickVic tweets so... just food for thought!
Sean Schemmel? What a douche move. I like the guy and even defend him from time to time, but I do admit he can kind of come off as a jerk sometimes. Still, sucks when you see a VA going against a fellow VA. I dunno, maybe Sean feels a certain way about Vic or maybe Sean feels like Vic doesn't represent the type of person he likes. I mean, Sean seems to be all about individualism and open-mindedness and maybe Vic being all about religion, but also having these allegations doesn't sit right with Sean because he believes they're not just allegations? Whatever the case, this whole #KickVic thing kinda sucks, but that's the world we live in now....

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:36 pm

mecha3000 wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote:Oh yeah wait aren’t you the one that said the solid “evidence” of his innocence was just screenshots of him stroking his own ego and explaining how lovely he is? And heads up: Goku’s voice actor has been liking #KickVic tweets so... just food for thought!
Sean Schemmel? What a douche move. I like the guy and even defend him from time to time, but I do admit he can kind of come off as a jerk sometimes. Still, sucks when you see a VA going against a fellow VA. I dunno, maybe Sean feels a certain way about Vic or maybe Sean feels like Vic doesn't represent the type of person he likes. I mean, Sean seems to be all about individualism and open-mindedness and maybe Vic being all about religion, but also having these allegations doesn't sit right with Sean because he believes they're not just allegations? Whatever the case, this whole #KickVic thing kinda sucks, but that's the world we live in now....
Is Vic Mignogna being accused of sexual harassment or something like that?

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:18 am

mecha3000 wrote:
It's one of those where there is smoke there is fire situations, considering issues with Vic doing these things has been going on for years and been brought up before. So if a fellow VA is in agreement with these allegations, then it's very likely that he knows something. Now The film has is forever left with the stench of having scum like Vic being associated with it.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:52 am

KBABZ wrote:I just got back from seeing the movie! I haven't read the rest of the thread so apologies if I repeat anything. I'm not sure what the spoiler rules are around here so I've put everything in a spoiler tag for now.
In regard to you saying you feel the overall affect on the ongoing DB story this film gives is minimal, compared to BoG yes but I feel this film does more then Res F and in many ways even feels like a trilogy alongside the other two. Res F after all did have the conflict of "Goku and Vegeta would be so strong if they worked together" and this film proves that. BoG introduces the 12 universes, Angels, GoD and SSjGod. Res F sets up Goku and Vegeta working together, reinstalls Freeza into the modern day story, SSjBlue and Golden Form being debuted DB Super sets up for this film then with the ToP raising Goku's goals and bringing Freeza back to life and giving him a reason to be allowed to live since he saved U7. Res F was pretty small in affect since the only difference from the beginning to the end is the audience knowing about SSjBlue, a form they gained off screen, and Golden Freeza, since Freeza dies anyway. Only for that to be even more pointless when Super made him alive permanently.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:35 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:In regard to you saying you feel the overall affect on the ongoing DB story this film gives is minimal, compared to BoG yes but I feel this film does more then Res F and in many ways even feels like a trilogy alongside the other two. Res F after all did have the conflict of "Goku and Vegeta would be so strong if they worked together" and this film proves that. BoG introduces the 12 universes, Angels, GoD and SSjGod. Res F sets up Goku and Vegeta working together, reinstalls Freeza into the modern day story, SSjBlue and Golden Form being debuted DB Super sets up for this film then with the ToP raising Goku's goals and bringing Freeza back to life and giving him a reason to be allowed to live since he saved U7. Res F was pretty small in affect since the only difference from the beginning to the end is the audience knowing about SSjBlue, a form they gained off screen, and Golden Freeza, since Freeza dies anyway. Only for that to be even more pointless when Super made him alive permanently.
True. I guess I was bummed that Frieza was allowed to fly away like nothing happened.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 am

kidhero1000 wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:
It's one of those where there is smoke there is fire situations, considering issues with Vic doing these things has been going on for years and been brought up before. So if a fellow VA is in agreement with these allegations, then it's very likely that he knows something. Now The film has is forever left with the stench of having scum like Vic being associated with it.
Exactly people act like the Vic allegations are new they are not. They have been going on for years. But all
these disconnected people are somehow lying about it.

Nothing will be done about it again I am sure!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

I don’t think it’s fair to jump to the conclusion that Vic Mignogna is “scum” based on mere allegations (unless you want to face a potential lawsuit I suppose), but it is a shame that something like this had to find its way into the Dragon Ball franchise. It does make me wonder if FUNimation will continue working with Mignogna in the future. A lot of people seem to assume that the reason FUNimation replaced Stephanie Nadolny was because of her DUI arrests, and while I kind of doubt that, if it is the case, the allegations against Mignogna should definitely give them pause.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I don’t think it’s fair to jump to the conclusion that Vic Mignogna is “scum” based on mere allegations (unless you want to face a potential lawsuit I suppose), but it is a shame that something like this had to find its way into the Dragon Ball franchise. It does make me wonder if FUNimation will continue working with Mignogna in the future. A lot of people seem to assume that the reason FUNimation replaced Stephanie Nadolny was because of her DUI arrests, and while I kind of doubt that, if it is the case, the allegations against Mignogna should definitely give them pause.

Funimation doesn’t seem to care. And it does them no credit. Vic has been in tons of anime not just Dragon Ball and keeps being cast because he is popular mainly from his role as Ed in FMA. That was definitely a major role.

And I am not jumping to conclusions. Again the allegations are not new but have been coming up for years by many people and ignored by the US anime industry. It’s very dishheartening actually.

If it was one allegation that suddenly popped up I may have given him the benefit of the doubt but it’s not. Also he has been banned from several cons.

Note I am not saying anything is 100% true (because unless you were there you have no way of being 100% sure) but when this many allegations come forward over the years you usually have to start questioning. And the fact that most of the denial comes from people saying well he was nice to me at a con so he couldn’t possibly. That’s not how it works!

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 am

I've seen Vic twice at cons in Australia and he always had the most passionate fans and he really seemed to enjoy that and participate with his own enthusiasm. Hard for me to say he's a bad person from what I've seen but who knows. I hope any allegations aren't true and that people reserve judgement until something is, if we start disliking people based on rumours and allegations we start heading down a very slippery slope.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:39 pm

mecha3000 wrote:
This is just example #503 of "Sean Schemmel is an unprofessional dickbag". Seriously, he's starting to really piss me off at this point.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:46 pm

PremiumSalt wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:
This is just example #503 of "Sean Schemmel is an unprofessional dickbag". Seriously, he's starting to really piss me off at this point.
maybe he knows things that you dont since he worked with him. dont judge him so fast. the world isnt black and white

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 pm

If Mignogna actually did the creepy shit people have accused him of for all this time, he doesn't deserve respect from fans or fellow actors. Schemmel may very well know things we don't, and if it's true I would say it's completely justified.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Jessie Pridemore
20 hrs ·

TW Sexual Assault

I've been seeing a lot going around about Vic Mignogna recently. I've kept quiet because I didn't want to ruin my career. I didn't want to not get invited to conventions. But I can't keep quiet about it anymore. I used to have the same opinion as everyone else. "Oh well he's always been nice to me." But after seeing his behavior evolve in front of me over the years and my own assault story, I can't keep it to myself anymore.

About ten years ago, I was a bright eyed and bushy tailed cosplayer at the height of my cosplay career. I was really well known for being the official character model for several anime companies and worked a lot with voice actors for events. I was also a high up staffer at a convention I loved. I was also going through a divorce.

A voice actor (I'm not willing to name because I can't be alone when I do this. He's too powerful in the community) that I really admired and thought was cute was flirting with me. Used my divorce as an "in." Him and another man kept feeding me drinks. Despite another voice actor kicking him in the leg to stop, he kept going. He inviting me up to his room to see his "Japanese candy collection." I blacked out. I woke up half off his bed and undressed just from the waist down. I couldn't even see who's room I was in. I gathered my stuff and left horrified. After talking to a couple people, I pieced together what had happened that night. I was too young to understand what consent was in that situation and thought that he was truly interested in me. I'd give more details, but it would give his identity. So I went to the next convention he did. He spent the entire weekend treating me like garbage. When I finally opened up to my ex husband about what had happened, he told me I was raped. Even then I didn't want to admit it. Over the years, I found there was more girls that it happened to. He started telling people I was obsessed with him and just mad he didn't want to date me.

So the part about Vic. The guy who raped me told everyone at an anime company I regularly worked with that we had fucked and that I was a con slut. He also told Vic. I played nice with Vic a lot because of my position in the community. At this point though, I had seen him be really shitty to people and staffers and knew he wasn't a good person. I ran into him at a con and said hi. We started chatting for a little bit and a couple fans ran up. I went to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me leave. At one point, one of the fans starts talking about a series that he's in. I said that I actually really liked his role in it, I didn't even realize it was him (making a comment on how all his roles usually sound the same). He turns to me and says, "Oh I know why you like that series." He then slides his hand up through my hair (which was long at the time) on the back of my hair and tugs hard while saying "Because of _______." I was stunned. My heart sank. A friend ran over (there were a lot of witnesses) and asked if she needed to take me away. I just didn't even know how to respond. And if that wasn't bad enough HE DID IT A SECOND TIME with the implication that if the other voice actor had "had" me, he could too. I RAN off in tears. Called a friend of mine in said anime company and told him that if Vic ever touched me again, I would kick him in the balls, I didn't care who I was working for.

I know this will probably tarnish me getting invited to cons. It's why I started moving away from working for anime companies. I've become really good at ignoring shitty people over the years. But it is long past time that this comes out to light. Maybe one day I'll be strong enough to name the other one.
https://www.facebook.com/jessie.pridemo ... 2278447159

Doubtless there are SOME abuse claims against that are false, #kickvic has more than enough claims to have me convinced most of those claims against have at least truth to them. Regardless of the fact the allegations have been going on against him long before the #Metoo stuff was even a thing. However, a forensic evidence, an arrest, and a jury trial is what will get others to really believe those claims.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:16 pm

ironfist2020 wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:
maybe he knows things that you dont since he worked with him. dont judge him so fast. the world isnt black and white
If he knew something we don't, and he cared so much about getting the truth out, he would have been making a stink about this for a while now, as opposed to just jumping on the bandwagon when the allegations start to heat up.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.