"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8lEJcyFPBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i3CGZQNl5w

Man these NEP's sound great! One thing to look forward too on the BDs for the retellings! I can hear Schemmel as Goku all day...!

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Super Dub is starting! Can't wait to hear more of Matthew Mercer as Hit!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:44 pm

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Matthew Mercer as Hit is amazing. Hit never sounded this badass in Xenoverse 2. I love it. Now this is the voice of an assassin.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:36 pm

That's odd. Nobody except for me has given their thoughts on English Hit after hearing him more.

Marty Kirra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marty Kirra » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:08 pm

I think he sounds outstanding from what we've heard of him, now that they've clearly got a direction for Hit and an idea of his character, I can't wait to hear more from him!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:40 am

That was sooo good. Matthew Mercer as Hit is the best casting choice in the English dub for Super so far. The way he said "If I keep striking your critical points, you will eventually die. I recommend you surrender." was chilling.

I forgot just how great of an episode 38 was. But next one is the big one!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:08 am

Why does the octopus alien king guy have a German accent?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 am

Yess they didn't show the Kaioken scene!

https://youtu.be/zdeuV3rUEHs

Was worried they might. 2 weeks though... /:

Okora

Post by Okora » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:58 am

Footlong Shoe wrote:
nato25 wrote:But... that dubbed ending... oh my god that was the worst official piece of dubbing a song I have ever heard in my life. How did they let that air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsDr1IPeQBQ
I haven't liked any of the dubbed ending songs so far, but this is easily the worst yet. I wish they would've run the Japanese one at least a few times like they did the other endings, because I really liked the original song.
I honestly like the first ending they did better in english. But it was probably the only one where you could understand everything they said

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 am

Can't wait to hear Sean knock those screams out of the park in two weeks time :)
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 pm

unfortenetly. weve got 4 episodes of pure HELL ahead of us. some of the worst fillar ever seen in an anime right before the black goku arc which is my number 1 most anticipating event. more then any marvel or dc movie ahead of us. more then the punisher tv series. hearing eric vale once again as trunks. he is my favorite voice actor of all time. even more then the japanese ones. but we have to watch this horrible putafu mini sega. god how much i hate those episodes. so unoriginal and boring.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 pm

gohan_black wrote:unfortenetly. weve got 4 episodes of pure HELL ahead of us. some of the worst fillar ever seen in an anime right before the black goku arc which is my number 1 most anticipating event. more then any marvel or dc movie ahead of us. more then the punisher tv series. hearing eric vale once again as trunks. he is my favorite voice actor of all time. even more then the japanese ones. but we have to watch this horrible putafu mini sega. god how much i hate those episodes. so unoriginal and boring.
What are your thoughts on Matthew Mercer as Hit?

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
gohan_black wrote:unfortenetly. weve got 4 episodes of pure HELL ahead of us. some of the worst fillar ever seen in an anime right before the black goku arc which is my number 1 most anticipating event. more then any marvel or dc movie ahead of us. more then the punisher tv series. hearing eric vale once again as trunks. he is my favorite voice actor of all time. even more then the japanese ones. but we have to watch this horrible putafu mini sega. god how much i hate those episodes. so unoriginal and boring.
What are your thoughts on Matthew Mercer as Hit?
Great voice acting.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:58 pm

I was a little down on Matt Mercer as Hit before, but there's no denying...he do good. He do quite good.

Oh, I cannot wait for episode 39. Why does there have to be an extra week between now and hearing those sweet Schemmel screams. This is the wait for the hour-long special all over again.

On the FighterZ Gamespot interview, Chris Sabat said he was very excited for Zeno's debut. He said it would be close to the Japanese version. Interested to see how that goes.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Kataphrut wrote:I was a little down on Matt Mercer as Hit before, but there's no denying...he do good. He do quite good.

Oh, I cannot wait for episode 39. Why does there have to be an extra week between now and hearing those sweet Schemmel screams. This is the wait for the hour-long special all over again.

On the FighterZ Gamespot interview, Chris Sabat said he was very excited for Zeno's debut. He said it would be close to the Japanese version. Interested to see how that goes.
Do you have a link to that interview?

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:I was a little down on Matt Mercer as Hit before, but there's no denying...he do good. He do quite good.

Thar ye go now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvXbPK3s8w

The Zeno stuff is around the 24 minute mark.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

At least the Pan episode is good.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
so we got 5?

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:20 am

gohan_black wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
so we got 5?
Celebration episode, Pan Episode and then three mini arc episodes.
"Oh dear...."

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:16 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:

Thar ye go now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvXbPK3s8w

The Zeno stuff is around the 24 minute mark.
Huh, I guess that confirms they're going with 'Zeno' instead of 'King of All' or something like that.