Favorite characters?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Favorite characters?

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:53 pm

1. Beerus
2. Zamasu/Goku Black
3. Goku
4. Vegeta
5. Future Trunks
6. Freeza
7. Piccolo
8. Whis
9. Bulma
10. Krillin

I know you're supposed to include movie characters, but, in all good conscious, I just can't leave out Beerus and Whis.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:13 pm

1. Piccolo
2. Tien
3. Hit
4. Cell
5. Yamcha
6. Krillin
7. Roshi
8. Ginyu force( but if only 1 then Burter)
9. Android 16
10 Beerus

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:30 pm

1.) Krillin
2.) Zarbon
3.) Yamcha
4.) Jaco
5.) Zamasu
6.) Gohan
7.) Piccolo
8.) Master Roshi
9.) Beerus
10.) Nappa
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:09 pm

After this arc:

Beerus
Black
East Kaioshin

-after here in no particular order-

Vegetto
Gowasu
Shampa
Piccolo
F. Trunks
F. Mai
Whis
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:35 pm

1. Piccolo
2. Goku
3. Zamasu/Black
4. Future Trunks
5. Bulma
6. Whis
7. Hit
8. Vados
9. Kuririn
10. Gohan

Gohan dropped from my top three for obvious reasons while Vegeta dropped from the list altogether.
Cetra wrote:I. Black, Zamasu & Neo Zamasu
II. Vegeta
III. Son Goku
IV. Whis
V. Alternate Trunks
VI. Lazuli

As this is in the Dragon Ball Super forum I have excluded GT and therefore Pan and Baby. I also excluded Cell because I do not know how much from whatever happened in vol. 1-42 can be mentioned in here.
Well this is the wrong section anyway so I guess it's ok to include them.

Also, you use Roman numerals. Sign of a true Final Fantasy fan :thumbup:
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Avery wrote:
Also, you use Roman numerals. Sign of a true Final Fantasy fan :thumbup:
The very fact that my name is Cetra and that my I. includes a guy who looks like a tribute to Sephiroth with his white hair, mutated purple arm, halo and black coat should show that I am a Final Fantasy fan. Not just the numbers.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:52 pm

For me there is now only one.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:41 pm

I also forgot to include Future Mai in mine. I suppose I'll rank her.
Within parentheses is the preferred form or version of the character.
  • 1. Freeza (Final Form/Mecha/Golden)
  • 2. Zamasu (Goku Black)
  • 3. Pan (GT)
  • 4. Videl (high school)
  • 5. Towa/Mira
  • 6. Mira/Towa
  • 7. Chronoa (Supreme Kai of Time)
  • 8. Future Mai
  • 9. Gine
  • 10. East Kaiōshin
  • 11. Hit
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:12 pm

1. Goku
2. Yamcha
3. Vegeta
4. Future Trunks
5. Tenshinhan
6. Piccolo
7. Gohan
8. Krillin
9. Chaozu

Surprise, surprise. My favorite characters are the Z-Warriors.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:18 pm

I tend to flip flop on people past my number two but:
1. Gohan by far
2. Future trunks
3. Vegeta
4. Gotenks
5. Goku.
Anime Kitten wrote:I also forgot to include Future Mai in mine. I suppose I'll rank her.
Within parentheses is the preferred form or version of the character.
  • 1. Freeza (Final Form/Mecha/Golden)
  • 2. Zamasu (Goku Black)
  • 3. Pan (GT)
  • 4. Videl (high school)
  • 5. Towa/Mira
  • 6. Mira/Towa
  • 7. Chronoa (Supreme Kai of Time)
  • 8. Future Mai
  • 9. Gine
  • 10. East Kaiōshin
  • 11. Hit
This is a pretty interesting list. No Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Future Trunks or Piccolo for one. Another surprising thing is many of these characters behave very differently. You have the straight up sadistic and evil Freeza, then you have the gentle and sweet Gine. Not hating, just think it's interesting!
Last edited by kinisking on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Never thought that Super, of all things, would make me change my established top 2. I'm still deciding on whether or not Black should be number 1 or 2, but I think I'm biased due to the arc being so recent if I put him in first.

1 - Son Goku
2 - Goku Black
3 - Vegeta
4 - Freeza
5 - Beerus
6 - Gotenks
7 - Kuririn
8 - Future Trunks
9 - Whis
10 - Majin Boo

Last place goes to Gohan.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:33 pm

kinisking wrote:This is a pretty interesting list. No Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Future Trunks or Piccolo for one. Another surprising thing is many of these characters behave very differently. You have the straight up sadistic and evil Freeza, then you have the gentle and sweet Gine. Not hating, just think it's interesting!
Haha, thanks! Of course, I don't dislike any of those characters, but I always lean towards the less appreciated ones in general. For an immediate example, my second-favorite to favorite Mario character is Daisy, who is horribly neglected by Nintendo. :P

It's nice to have as big a Gohan fanboy as you around, though! :mrgreen:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
kinisking wrote:This is a pretty interesting list. No Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Future Trunks or Piccolo for one. Another surprising thing is many of these characters behave very differently. You have the straight up sadistic and evil Freeza, then you have the gentle and sweet Gine. Not hating, just think it's interesting!
Haha, thanks! Of course, I don't dislike any of those characters, but I always lean towards the less appreciated ones in general. For an immediate example, my second-favorite to favorite Mario character is Daisy, who is horribly neglected by Nintendo. :P

It's nice to have as big a Gohan fanboy as you around, though! :mrgreen:
Daisy and Luigi are way better than Peach and Mario :D
I try to not get to obnoxious about him (sorry if I ever do) but yeah, I love me some Gohan.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SaiyanGirl

Post by SaiyanGirl » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:04 pm

1. Piccolo
2. Gohan
3. Hit
4. Goku
5. Tien
6. Whis
7. Champa
8. Perfect Cell
9. Krillin
10. Beerus

Almost all Piccolo Fans are loving Hit as well :clap:

He's like the only hope we have left.
My English is not perfect. Please excuse this.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:48 pm

SaiyanGirl wrote:1. Piccolo
2. Gohan
3. Hit
4. Goku
5. Tien
6. Whis
7. Champa
8. Perfect Cell
9. Krillin
10. Beerus

Almost all Piccolo Fans are loving Hit as well :clap:

He's like the only hope we have left.
Yeah Hit does seem a lot like Piccolo. It is just the general expression and very calm personality.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 am

Krillin, Yamcha, Piccolo, Gohan, 18, Oolong, Future Trunks, Tien, etc...

Ya know, all the characters who do abso-fucking-lutely nothing in Super. (Except for Trunks of course)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:46 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Krillin, Yamcha, Piccolo, Gohan, 18, Oolong, Future Trunks, Tien, etc...

Ya know, all the characters who do abso-fucking-lutely nothing in Super. (Except for Trunks of course)
I really don't know what you're expecting Oolong to do at this stage. Hell, he became a background character almost instantly after his debut.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:48 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Krillin, Yamcha, Piccolo, Gohan, 18, Oolong, Future Trunks, Tien, etc...

I really don't know what you're expecting Oolong to do at this stage. Hell, he became a background character almost instantly after his debut.
Given how morbidly obsessed Gohan fans are about any shred of evidence that might indicate he'll do something, TekTheNinja is quite reasonable with his comment. Seriously, why does no one grasp the concept of giving up on a character? I did with Piccolo and I'm not losing sleep over it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:09 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Given how morbidly obsessed Gohan fans are about any shred of evidence that might indicate he'll do something, TekTheNinja is quite reasonable with his comment. Seriously, why does no one grasp the concept of giving up on a character? I did with Piccolo and I'm not losing sleep over it.
I gave up on Gohan too. I you asked me 12 years ago who my favourite character was, I probably would have said Gohan. But after re-watching DBZ later down the years, I realised there really wasn't much to actually invest into him as a character beyond his "trademark" rage boosts and unlocked potential gimmick. And I started to gradually care for him less and less. It eventually got to the point when after watching GT, I didn't really care that much he barely did anything there. Now at this stage, if Gohan does something integral to the plot, I'm fine with it. And if he doesn't, I'm fine with it. Either way, I don't give a shit.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:16 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I gave up on Gohan too. I you asked me 12 years ago who my favourite character was, I probably would have said Gohan. But after re-watching DBZ later down the years, I realised there really wasn't much to actually invest into him as a character beyond his "trademark" rage boosts and unlocked potential gimmick. And I started to gradually care for him less and less. It eventually got to the point when after watching GT, I didn't really care that much he barely did anything there. Now at this stage, if Gohan does something integral to the plot, I'm fine with it. And if he doesn't, I'm fine with it. Either way, I don't give a shit.
I get the feeling Toei might want to do something with him, they're the one's who keep giving him scenes here and there. Toriyama's the one who probably has nothing for him to do, really. Just look at the Super manga, its been about 10 chapters since he appeared and almost as much since anyone's even mentioned Gohan in conversation.
Since Super is a toy commercial, I don't doubt Toei would give Gohan SSBlue just for the sake of more merchandise. Hell, I'd bet my right arm they'd go full Dragon Ball Heroes with it and introduce as much shit as humanly possible to drive sales if they had full story control.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):