"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sat May 20, 2017 3:59 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:On Toonami India's Facebook page, it says that "season 2" airs in the summer (friend of mine over on BTVA mentioned this in the forums). So give it a few weeks. Also, if I didn't mention it earlier, Richard Epcar - Batou, Jigen, Myotismon, Bobobobobobbo, Injustice Joker (on his interview with The Codec) & Paul st Peter - Leomon, Xemnas, Wormmon, Yammy, (https://youtu.be/tzsXEnjObD4?t=1058) recently mentioned working on this dub. Some of my favorite VAs with easily among the biggest, baddest voices in dubs.

I'm assuming it's as Shisami or Tagoma, although this dub is definitely no stranger to repeat castings, so it's possible we'll have Epcar as perhaps Hit once they get around to that.
The only Toonami India pages have posted nothing about it and I'm pretty sure they're not real

EDIT: Yeah, this isn't real
https://facebook.com/OfficialToonamiInd ... 48/?type=3
No official company would use art from the internet for an announcement, the grammar and spelling is WAY off and to top it all off, the official Toonami Asia FB page actually has pretty great grammar and spelling so why wouldn't their Indian page be good with those things as well?

I still think its dead in the water
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:The only Toonami India pages have posted nothing about it and I'm pretty sure they're not real

No official company would use art from the internet for an announcement, the grammar and spelling is WAY off and to top it all off, the official Toonami Asia FB page actually has pretty great grammar and spelling so why wouldn't their Indian page be good with those things as well? I still think its dead in the water
Asia isn't a monolith.

Anyway, Kaiji Tang did confirm recording, at least: https://twitter.com/KaijiTang/status/854022852068073472

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sat May 20, 2017 6:08 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:The only Toonami India pages have posted nothing about it and I'm pretty sure they're not real

No official company would use art from the internet for an announcement, the grammar and spelling is WAY off and to top it all off, the official Toonami Asia FB page actually has pretty great grammar and spelling so why wouldn't their Indian page be good with those things as well? I still think its dead in the water
Asia isn't a monolith.

Anyway, Kaiji Tang did confirm recording, at least: https://twitter.com/KaijiTang/status/854022852068073472
The page isn't official so don't take it as confirmation and as for the recording tweet, never forget Ocean Kai. The post is obviously not official, its pretty easy to see that
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 pm

I think the Destroyer part of the title is pretty evident of the fact that they're now showing the FUNi dub, this doesn't bode well for the Bang Zoom dub

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Tue May 23, 2017 5:10 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: I think the Destroyer part of the title is pretty evident of the fact that they're now showing the FUNi dub, this doesn't bode well for the Bang Zoom dub
Or it could be a placeholder title... or Bang Zoom have simply started using Funi's titles. There's nothing conclusive here to draw the conclusion that they've switched dubs.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 6:05 am

NitroEX wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: I think the Destroyer part of the title is pretty evident of the fact that they're now showing the FUNi dub, this doesn't bode well for the Bang Zoom dub
Or it could be a placeholder title... or Bang Zoom have simply started using Funi's titles. There's nothing conclusive here to draw the conclusion that they've switched dubs.
Its none of those, I've even went back and watched the Bang Zoom episodes to make sure and their titles do not match up with whats on the schedule and the titles stay like that on the schedule even on the days in which the episodes actually air so they're not placeholders so something is up because they wouldn't go back and change episodes that are already 100% dubbed. Just so everyone knows, this title is from Episode 12, an episode that Bang Zoom has had dubbed since March and their dub of it did air in the first run of their dub on Toonami Asia but now with the reruns, they've been using the FUNi episode titles on their schedule and this episode is no exception and they wouldn't go back and have the narrator redub the title card because it makes no sense and there would be nothing to gain from it and considering that up until recently they were using the Bang Zoom titles on their schedule, it's pretty evident that something is not right
Last edited by VejituhTheWarriorGuy on Tue May 23, 2017 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

NitroEX

Post by NitroEX » Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: Its none of those, I've even went back and watched the Bang Zoom episodes to make sure and the titles are not the same with whats on the schedule and the titles stay like that on the schedule
But that just backs up what I'm saying. The schedule doesn't necessarily always reflect what's on television. They obviously need episode titles well in advance of the actual airdate, the Funimation ones conveniently already exist in the Turner database (Toonami US), so they use those.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 6:21 am

NitroEX wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: Its none of those, I've even went back and watched the Bang Zoom episodes to make sure and the titles are not the same with whats on the schedule and the titles stay like that on the schedule
But that just backs up what I'm saying. The schedule doesn't necessarily always reflect what's on television. They obviously need episode titles well in advance of the actual airdate, the Funimation ones conveniently already exist in the Turner database (Toonami US), so they use those.
But the schedule has previously used the Bang Zoom titles even when they were behind FUNi's dub so I don't think that's the case especially when they only just recently started using their titles. I'm not saying that they've switched them for sure because I don't live in Southeast Asia but I'm taking a very educated guess and it seems like they may have made the switch to FUNi's dub and are only recording more at Bang Zoom to fill their contractual obligation of doing the 52 episodes that Toonami Asia ordered but that doesn't mean they have to air

NitroEX

Post by NitroEX » Tue May 23, 2017 6:37 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: it seems like they may have made the switch to FUNi's dub and are only recording more at Bang Zoom to fill their contractual obligation of doing the 52 episodes that Toonami Asia ordered but that doesn't mean they have to air
I doubt it. The fact that they're choosing to wait rather than airing the new Funimation episodes is a good sign that their plans haven't changed, either that or they're honoring the "f'd up contracts" (as Lex lang put it) which allegedly prevent Funi from dubbing for Asia and Europe. Once the 52 episodes are up I'd be more open to the idea that a change of dub could occur, but as of right now I don't see schedule titles as enough of a reason to claim this dub is dead. I'd rather wait and see what happens.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 6:43 am

NitroEX wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: it seems like they may have made the switch to FUNi's dub and are only recording more at Bang Zoom to fill their contractual obligation of doing the 52 episodes that Toonami Asia ordered but that doesn't mean they have to air
I doubt it. The fact that they're choosing to wait rather than airing the new Funimation episodes is a good sign that their plans haven't changed, either that or they're honoring the "f'd up contracts" (as Lex lang put it) which allegedly prevent Funi from dubbing for Asia and Europe. Once the 52 episodes are up I'd be more open to the idea that a change of dub could occur, but as of right now I don't see schedule titles as enough of a reason to claim this dub is dead. I'd rather wait and see what happens.
They could be doing reruns rather than airing new episodes to ease viewers into the FUNi dub for when episode 14 finally airs but we'll have to wait and see what the schedule says next Monday to see if they use the Bang Zoom title or FUNi title for the episode

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu May 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Toonami Asia isn't airing the Funimation dub right now. The online schedule is wrong.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon May 29, 2017 3:41 am

Next Saturday, the schedule currently shows episode 13, followed by episode 1 on Sunday.
If that is correct, then it would appear they are planning on repeats for a while.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 29, 2017 6:30 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:Next Saturday, the schedule currently shows episode 13, followed by episode 1 on Sunday.
If that is correct, then it would appear they are planning on repeats for a while.
That's hilarious, third re-run of not even finished BoG arc.... What's even crazy it airs twice a day the same ep so it's technically a 6th re-run... :lol:

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Next Saturday, the schedule currently shows episode 13, followed by episode 1 on Sunday.
That's hilarious, third re-run of not even finished BoG arc.... What's even crazy it airs twice a day the same ep so it's technically a 6th re-run... :lol:
Why did they not just air one weekly?. It is ridiculous now with all these repeats lol.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue May 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 30, 2017 7:50 pm

ConfusedPhantom wrote:https://www.facebook.com/Derek.Stephen. ... 5385854680

Derek Stephen Prince is Freeza.

Seriously though, is this guy a good VA?

EDIT: Okay. I did quick search on the internet and from the shows I'm familiar with, he's voiced Shino from Naurto and Uryu from Bleach. Holy shit. I never knew. He could actually work very well.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Tue May 30, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 pm

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/der ... en-prince/

There's most of what he's done before. I think he's pretty good. But, you be the judge. -shrug- It's just the question whether or not they'll let him go all out or not.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank god the Bang Zoom dub is alive and well!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue May 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

EDIT: Okay. I did quick search on the internet and from the shows I'm familiar with, he's voiced Shino from Naurto and Uryu from Bleach. Holy shit. I never knew. He could actually work very well.
Ken Ichijouji, Uryu Ishida, etc. Yeah, should be interesting hearing clips of him as Frieza. He can certainly play villains really well.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Wed May 31, 2017 12:44 am

Scsigs wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Ken Ichijouji, Uryu Ishida, etc. Yeah, should be interesting hearing clips of him as Frieza. He can certainly play villains really well.
I think Piedmon from Digimon, Hiruma from Eyeshield 21, Vexen in Kingdom Hearts, Chester in Ys, I'm drawing blanks but there are so many better examples of how solid this guy is at playing snide, pompous villains. As for "good VA", that's subjective; he's not "one of the guys" outside of dubs, relies on selling houses to pay bills, but personally I think he's got a good sense of dubbing from what I've seen of him. Doesn't constantly surprise me with range, but he's very good at characters like Freeza honestly.