"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Apparently Wendee Lee is not the voice director of this dub. According to Derek, it's someone else.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:13 pm

We know. What we know about her is that she's REALLY new to the whole dub directing thing.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm a little disappointed it isn't Martin Billany (Hope I spelled that right) after all. Also, I have been here the whole time, lurking, so I know the jist. So, if it ISNT Wendee Lee (Which is a partial relief to me, I still am not the biggest fan of the direction itself for the voices after a rewatch recently, with a few minor complaints still lingering about the yells), who do you all think it is?
-Insert Something Creative-

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:19 pm

Derek Stephen Prince as Freeza? Oh, I can totally see that.
Even though I'm most familiar with him as Naoki Konishi in Persona 4, it definitely has the type of sound that could work as Freeza. I'm looking forward to seeing... er, hearing this.

Now I just have to be patient. I HAVE NO PATIENCE!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Are they in Hiadus right now on TV (wating for new episodes). I would love to see this and not sure how others are doing so?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Regarding Toonami Asia's current schedule, Dragon Ball Super Episode 002 will air again Saturday. You'd have to watch their episodes via the region's satellite/cable options.

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:18 am

So does anyone know if Cartoon Network Africa is still picking up the Bang Zoom! dub this summer?
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:43 am

I'd suggest you' to change the name of the page back to what it was. You had like 1000 believers in the cause of bringing DBZKai to Canada only to suddenly backpedal like that. I would love to see the old name back.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:14 pm

NitroEX wrote:Image

It seems Derek Stephen Prince was influenced to sound as close to Ayre's portrayal as possible but thankfully he pushed back against it after recording his first episode. This is very encouraging but at the same time, it further confirms my fears that the people in charge of this dub are making critical errors when it comes to directing their actors. Needless to say, I'm still excited to hear his portrayal. His attitude towards this role has made me an even bigger fan than I was before.
To me, this only proves how unneeded this dub was. While it's an intetesting new production, it's obvious that this was only created to fill the void by not getting the FUNimation dub.

Despite this, I so wish that I could see this dub legally. Ideally, I would love aspects of this dub"s script with FUNimation's cast.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

hulkedoutdude
Beyond Newbie

Post by hulkedoutdude » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Seems like dragon ball super is returning to Toonami asia and india from july 1st but still there is no official confirmation, only some fake facebook pages shared this news and they seem pretty confident so i believe they saw an ad for it!!!
Either Way TAI who recorded previous episodes said he will record it if it really airs so i guess there is some hope for this dub after all!!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:26 pm

hulkedoutdude wrote:Seems like dragon ball super is returning to Toonami asia and india from july 1st but still there is no official confirmation, only some fake facebook pages shared this news and they seem pretty confident so i believe they saw an ad for it!!!
Either Way TAI who recorded previous episodes said he will record it if it really airs so i guess there is some hope for this dub after all!!
Yup Toonami Asia schedule confirms! Kind of interested to know if many people in Asia will watch it and not think it's a re run.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:43 am

How far along are they with this dub? Wish I could watch it

usotsuki

Post by usotsuki » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:20 am

I think 13 eps aired?

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Huh, seems that I was wrong about the future of this dub. Well, Toon Anime India is still recording it so we should be still able to see it
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:05 pm

TAI won't be recording it because it will supposedly be the localized version and not the Bang Zoom dub. So it looks like we won't be seeing it unless someone who has Toonami Asia instead of Toonami India records it
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:52 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:TAI won't be recording it because it will supposedly be the localized version and not the Bang Zoom dub. So it looks like we won't be seeing it unless someone who has Toonami Asia instead of Toonami India records it
Wait localised? As in Hindi? Interesting.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:TAI won't be recording it because it will supposedly be the localized version and not the Bang Zoom dub. So it looks like we won't be seeing it unless someone who has Toonami Asia instead of Toonami India records it
I asked and they said that it would most likely be in Hindi

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:35 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
That's very interesting :D

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 am

sangofe wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Wait localised? As in Hindi? Interesting.
That's very interesting :D
This should be great, experiencing it in another language is surely something to look forward to
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
I'm bummed they aren't gonna record it, was greatfully looking forward to a Hindi dub.