"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Mon May 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:They also took a little dig at the Bang Zoom dub here: https://youtu.be/68FrV_eT5ZA?t=37m36s
Sabat was talking about the Malaysian dub here. Hence he said "best southeast Asian dub". The Bang Zoom dub is a North American dub just made for a different market so it wouldn't fit that description.
Its produced for that market though and I was talking about when he said what I bolded, I know that he was talking about the Malaysian dub
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon May 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Kaiji Tang said on Twitter that they recorded some episodes more right?

Well, I'm not so animated for Golden Frieza's arc, but I really want to hear the Bang Zoom dub in the Tournment arc.

Maybe Johnny Yong Bosch could got some role in this dub since he works a lot to Bang Zoom, it would be great. Kyabe or Zamasu would be my choices for him.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue May 02, 2017 7:32 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Kaiji Tang said on Twitter that they recorded some episodes more right?

Well, I'm not so animated for Golden Frieza's arc, but I really want to hear the Bang Zoom dub in the Tournment arc.

Maybe Johnny Yong Bosch could got some role in this dub since he works a lot to Bang Zoom, it would be great. Kyabe or Zamasu would be my choices for him.
I like Johnny Yong Bosch, but I don't want him for Zamasu.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed May 03, 2017 2:49 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Kaiji Tang said on Twitter that they recorded some episodes more right?

Why? I think his voice would be good for him.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 5:02 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:

Why? I think his voice would be good for him.
I'm sure Bosch would be good, but I'd rather have someone like Matthew Mercer or Cam Clarke voicing him.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Mon May 15, 2017 6:42 am

The Toonami Asia schedule has started to list the FUNimation episode titles for Super which doesn't bode well for the rest of the Bang Zoom dub if that truly means that they're now airing the FUNI dub and even though they are recording more episodes, never forget what happened to Ocean Kai
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon May 15, 2017 8:36 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:The Toonami Asia schedule has started to list the FUNimation episode titles for Super which doesn't bode well for the rest of the Bang Zoom dub if that truly means that they're now airing the FUNI dub and even though they are recording more episodes, never forget what happened to Ocean Kai
This dub is basically a slightly more fortunate version of the Ocean dub of Kai, it made it as far as episode 13 rather than never airing at all. The voice actors have said they've recorded more episodes, but so did Scott McNeil et al, it doesn't mean they are going to air.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Mon May 15, 2017 8:41 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:The Toonami Asia schedule has started to list the FUNimation episode titles for Super which doesn't bode well for the rest of the Bang Zoom dub if that truly means that they're now airing the FUNI dub and even though they are recording more episodes, never forget what happened to Ocean Kai
This dub is basically a slightly more fortunate version of the Ocean dub of Kai, it made it as far as episode 13 rather than never airing at all. The voice actors have said they've recorded more episodes, but so did Scott McNeil et al, it doesn't mean they are going to air.
Can anyone down in Southeast Asia let us know if the FUNi dub is airing. I know for this last weekend's rerun episodes, the Bang Zoom titles for them were listed on the schedule but this weekend's reruns have the FUNi titles listed

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm still going with the "air Funi episodes until we've caught up with and surpassed them and then air our episodes in reruns" theory ALA Westwood Z on Toonami UK.

Even if that's the case, it might still be worth recording if its an edited version.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:36 pm

If the dubs ends there for Asia, I will hope and pray for a UK airing then!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:If the dubs ends there for Asia, I will hope and pray for a UK airing then!
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. The UK has already passed on Super because it's "too violent" and not the kind of show TV channels are looking for.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Just wait till they see the sales DBS is generating and how they are missing out.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon May 15, 2017 8:59 pm

So, is this the end for the Bang Zoom dub?

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Tue May 16, 2017 3:46 am

SaintEvolution wrote:So, is this the end for the Bang Zoom dub?
Doubtful, it's just people jumping the gun as usual with little to no proof. Give it some time and things will probably stay the same.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:If the dubs ends there for Asia, I will hope and pray for a UK airing then!
UK is out of the question but this dub should be airing on CN Africa sometime this year.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue May 16, 2017 8:31 am

It could go either way really. It was starting to feel like the dub was gone the way of Ocean Kai before Toonami Asia released the first promo, but then out of nowhere we finally got news of its debut. With the distribution of Dragon Ball content being so unpredictable I wouldn't be surprised either way. Hopefully CN Africa airs this dub and it gets more exposure.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue May 16, 2017 8:46 am

NitroEX wrote:
Doubtful, it's just people jumping the gun as usual with little to no proof. Give it some time and things will probably stay the same.
UK is out of the question but this dub should be airing on CN Africa sometime this year.
I'm not jumping the gun, I'm going with what info I have and the schedule clearly lists the FUNi titles and not the Bang Zoom or Simulcast titles. I never said that it was dead, but it's possible that they could be airing the FUNi dub now instead and with the Bang Zoom cast constantly saying that they're recording more episodes, you start to get curious as to what's actually going on. They could very well just be filling the contractual obligation that they have with Turner Asia by recording the rest of the 52 episodes that they ordered, but that doesn't mean that they have to air them. It just seems strange especially when they're airing FUNi's dub of Kai at the same time and that only started recently so a deal would have to have been made with FUNi recently but it could be possible that Toei intervened and that's why this possible change is happening

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat May 20, 2017 9:59 am

No, since Bang Zoom voice actors have said they're recording more episodes. I'm not that fond of this dub, but I admit it could be much better with better direction and scripting.
huzaifa_ahmed wrote:Seiji from Zetman, Hisoka from HxH. & FWIW, looking up his roles, his Coyote Starrk would've made a great Piccolo.
Now that I've listened to Silverstein's Hisoka voice (I really should check the dub, it seems much better than the 99 dub), I could see that working well for Frieza. They should really cast him for the role, he could give Ayres a run for his money. It makes believe that Nakao would have been a great Hisoka had HxH been made in the 80's.

To those who haven't heard Silverstein's Hisoka, here's a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8wKbKihiR0

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sat May 20, 2017 2:20 pm

On Toonami India's Facebook page, it says that "season 2" airs in the summer (friend of mine over on BTVA mentioned this in the forums). So give it a few weeks. Also, if I didn't mention it earlier, Richard Epcar - Batou, Jigen, Myotismon, Bobobobobobbo, Injustice Joker (on his interview with The Codec) & Paul st Peter - Leomon, Xemnas, Wormmon, Yammy, (https://youtu.be/tzsXEnjObD4?t=1058) recently mentioned working on this dub. Some of my favorite VAs with easily among the biggest, baddest voices in dubs.

I'm assuming it's as Shisami or Tagoma, although this dub is definitely no stranger to repeat castings, so it's possible we'll have Epcar as perhaps Hit once they get around to that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat May 20, 2017 3:03 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:On Toonami India's Facebook page, it says that "season 2" airs in the summer (friend of mine over on BTVA mentioned this in the forums). So give it a few weeks. Also, if I didn't mention it earlier, Richard Epcar - Batou, Jigen, Myotismon, Bobobobobobbo, Injustice Joker (on his interview with The Codec) & Paul st Peter - Leomon, Xemnas, Wormmon, Yammy, (https://youtu.be/tzsXEnjObD4?t=1058) recently mentioned working on this dub. Some of my favorite VAs with easily among the biggest, baddest voices in dubs.

I'm assuming it's as Shisami or Tagoma, although this dub is definitely no stranger to repeat castings, so it's possible we'll have Epcar as perhaps Hit once they get around to that.
I am pretty sure that is the fake Toonami India page, if it is legit then it isn't looking good as they responded to someone asking if the Champa arc will directly follow the Freeza arc and they replied it might be replaced with DBZ Kai...

Anyway if the script is still bad, no matter who they cast their performance will be hindered, unless there is a major hauling in the script department this dub will forever be just "okay".

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat May 20, 2017 3:50 pm

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:On Toonami India's Facebook page, it says that "season 2" airs in the summer (friend of mine over on BTVA mentioned this in the forums). So give it a few weeks. Also, if I didn't mention it earlier, Richard Epcar - Batou, Jigen, Myotismon, Bobobobobobbo, Injustice Joker (on his interview with The Codec) & Paul st Peter - Leomon, Xemnas, Wormmon, Yammy, (https://youtu.be/tzsXEnjObD4?t=1058) recently mentioned working on this dub. Some of my favorite VAs with easily among the biggest, baddest voices in dubs.

I think this dub would do much better if they didn't repeat castings.